Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Gold Gold Gold... some thoughts

So @Kabam Miike there have been a lot of complaints about the new arenas etc. and through almost a week of the new arenas I think for a majority of high end players the gold production is definitely worse. If the idea is to keep AM free then this could be okay however even with the cost of AM I'm finding myself with less gold overall. Some more ideas.

1. Add a gold arena. Get rid of the raid arena or combine it with the Mod. Basically these arenas are borderline pointless until base defense gets a major overhaul.
2. Get rid of away mission costs and make them better. I think for most people raid chips are pointless and at this point everyone should be getting the guaranteed completion so having it cost 1k to get 2k back is also pointless.
3. Increase the selling price of items, add permanent gold crystals to raids or make raid chips sellable.
4. Add a gold daily, at least to Sunday. The Sunday daily sparks are also pointless.

Even with gathering data on the arena changes there is huge voice of concern about gold overall so please look at addressing these asap.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hey there kranders!

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! Although we can't promise we will make any changes, we do encourage you and your fellow commanders to share your thoughts on what you brought up on the forums!
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    The away mission costs would probably be my most preferred here. I still do them, but the rewards are really small when you consider the gold that went into them. You can go on some rare gold missions for 5k but you really only get 2k in total, if that.

Hopefully some addiction to build up gold income will arrive. It's hard enough getting T3 basics and T2 alphas for gold shortage to be a form of slowing upgrades down.
  • Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    I really like these two ideas, it would make a nice difference without upsetting the balance. What some people probably don't realize is the arena score will stay lower without having the gold and chip return for running up the score. So if our gold return was higher from other sources like this then these changes are really good. I'm all in favour.

1. Add a gold arena. Get rid of the raid arena or combine it with the Mod. Basically these arenas are borderline pointless until base defense gets a major overhaul.
    2. Get rid of away mission costs and make them better. I think for most people raid chips are pointless and at this point everyone should be getting the guaranteed completion so having it cost 1k to get 2k back is also pointless.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Get rid of away mission cost, and allow multiple away missions to be launched at the same time.
  • WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    A gold arena would be a nice addition, as I am in agreement that the mod arena is pointless. Base defense is still laughable after 6 months of playing this game. @Kabam Rimehaven is the current plan to do away with alliance mission costs, or is this temporary until the gold shortage problem has a solution?
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Just bring back the arena chips...
  • kelsuskelsus Posts: 38
    Please bring back the arena chips!
  • RylsRyls Posts: 11
    And 1s bot crystals those are greatly missed aswell
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    increase the gold earn after winning a fight if you're so stingy with the arena chips (i understand since they have a chance of getting energon).

or give us some way of farming more gold such as gold arena, selling stuffs to gain more gold etc.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Davien wrote: »
    increase the gold earn after winning a fight if you're so stingy with the arena chips (i understand since they have a chance of getting energon).

or give us some way of farming more gold such as gold arena, selling stuffs to gain more gold etc.

Something needs to be done because gold is way down. If this is supposed to be another wall then say something because it's just annoying. Now that arena ranking is 1-10% there is virtually no reason to put in any time to arena. Make it cost nothing and give gold rewards and not arena chips. Then grinding is worth something at least.
  • With so many different ways to address this gold problem I'm really surprised something was not added to the 4.0 update to at least show an effort to fix this.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited October 2017
    With so many different ways to address this gold problem I'm really surprised something was not added to the 4.0 update to at least show an effort to fix this.

If a.m. continues to be free then gold problem has already been solved yes it’s still not abundant but the overall generation is probably the same or more than before update if you look at it more than a single day time scale
  • With so many different ways to address this gold problem I'm really surprised something was not added to the 4.0 update to at least show an effort to fix this.

@Kabam Miike
    Bro you are pushing update is very good thing but not listening and not putting any thing at all about gold not even a work is worst thing .
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    With so many different ways to address this gold problem I'm really surprised something was not added to the 4.0 update to at least show an effort to fix this.

@Kabam Miike
    Bro you are pushing update is very good thing but not listening and not putting any thing at all about gold not even a work is worst thing .

Have you not been paying attention to anything at all?

Alliance missions are free. That is the current gold fix. If they revert to donations, then yes, it's a problem... But as it stands the gold from AM makes up for the hard cap on arena crystals
    So AM costs are back, or is this an error?
    So AM costs are back yet you need more time to evaluate the lack of gold when that is all people have been saying since the updates. Took away free energon and drastically cut arena chips... so basically we're supposed to buy energon to buy gold crystals to do anything other than AM?

Like I said previously I don't mind grinding for gold but there is no way to do that, and grouping 1-10% makes grinding the arena pointless. I still maintain that even with AM costs the old arena milestones and chip rewards gave me more gold than I've gotten daily since the changes.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited October 2017
    The way I see it, it is easy to grind to the point that they consider "enough" to give us in a day. So if you just want, say, 20k gold per day, then it is actually pretty easy to do that...

The problem is that is basically where they have capped it off at. Its like there is a daily gold cap, which makes things very difficult for those who are at a high level of AM.

However, I think this is probably their design, to allow people to catch up -- due to their t2a gaffe in AM a few months back, and RoK probably being easier for people than they anticipated.

Effectively, everyone is bringing in the same amount of gold, but the higher AM guys are having to use a much larger percentage of that to just be able to run AM. This doesn't leave them any gold to rank NEW bots... whereas the lower AM guys will have plenty of gold for both AM and ranking bots (in order to catch up).

Seems plausible and falls in line with everything we're seeing so far.