Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Maintenance during raid event

Please consider performing maintenance after the raid event or please extend the raid event by 24hrs to compensate for the lost time.
Tagged:

Comments

• While I totally appreciate the concern on this, no matter when we do the maintenance, it will occur during some kind of event. While we don't do them that often, it's likely that they're going to be happening more and more often (weekly) in the future. We only do these when there's something that must be done, and Tuesdays have just been the day that we historically do these events. We try to give you all a heads up as soon as we can so you can plan ahead, but no matter when we do them, they'll be at a bad time for somebody.

I will talk to the team about trying to avoid having maintenance in the middle of important events in the future, but there isn't much of a chance that we can avoid it this time.
  • Jhn314Jhn314 Posts: 13
    A question... In the in-game mail informing us about the maintenance, would it be possible to mention the UTC (GMT) times as well next time? Now it only mentions "8 PM pacific time", but without looking it up, I have no clue what time that is for me. I can imagine many other people around the world having that same problem, while I assume most people would at least know the UTC offset of their own time zone... ;)
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    no worries Miike, if it's going to be more frequent and up to weekly maintenance I think that's ok, and could be good for the game too.

I'm used to other mobile games that perform maintanence and having to burn energy etc before maintenance hits. They typically do it to launch each event, so when maintenance finishes the event begins.

In terms of timing and having the least impact, having at the very beginning seems best.

Daily arenas though, make it a bit more complicated.

I should also point out that in those other games, when maintenance takes longer than it's supposed to, compensation is given to the players.
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    While I totally appreciate the concern on this, no matter when we do the maintenance, it will occur during some kind of event. While we don't do them that often, it's likely that they're going to be happening more and more often (weekly) in the future. We only do these when there's something that must be done, and Tuesdays have just been the day that we historically do these events. We try to give you all a heads up as soon as we can so you can plan ahead, but no matter when we do them, they'll be at a bad time for somebody.

I will talk to the team about trying to avoid having maintenance in the middle of important events in the future, but there isn't much of a chance that we can avoid it this time.

My only thought is to please don't do it on highly sought after arena rewards (crystal bounty or T2 alpha). It is okay to do it during featured bot chip arenas or mod arena or raid arena.

• TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Ah yes, make raid arena the maintenance day :D