Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Provide your thoughts on current playable Bots

Comments

• CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    After playing for a week, I wanted to revisit my post, maybe change a few points. G1/Combiner Wars/whatever Optimus is still one of my fave bots, even if his sig turned out a bit underwhelming in practice. I still love his design, and his S3 is beautifully animated. My other fave is actually turning into a tie between Bludgeon and Ratchet, the former for his bizarre yet loveable design (an amoral ronin tank?!) and the later because his gameplay abilities just mesh so well together.
    Least fave is still Optimus for the above points, but Grindor is growing on me. His playstyle still has few frills, but it's not as boring as I thought once he levels up and gets his sig awakened. Replacing Grindor as least fave is Barricade, mostly because his visual is...okay...but the animations on his Specials are generic and blah, especially when compared to what Prowl is doing.
    And I really wish Arcee would gain even a little power on normal hits, it's a pain in the neck charging her Specials
  • Ironhide is nuts. Without a doubt he is probably the best Bot to have right now. Motormaster with his easily abusable Unstoppable is probably 2nd.

As for bots they need to bring in, I will not be happy until I finally, FINALLY, get to play as a G1 Megatron in at least ONE TF game, he's never been represented as far as I know. It's always G2 Tank Megatron or other incarnations.
  • Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    edited April 2017
    IMO, Motormaster wasn't well designed gameplay-wise. First time I saw him it looked awesome. Sleek and neat design despite being an Optimus clone/reco. But his gamestyle it's kinda... I don't know. It feels off for me. It's like a mix between Grimlock and Optimus. And let's not mention that akward-looking victory pose. I know that Motormaster has his Ionizer Blade, but I'd been cool if he could use his blade only during his specials, just like Optimus uses his axe. Speaking of specials, I love his Special 2 aka Armored Headbutt. Sp1 feels weird and I still don't understand very well what he does on his Special 3 besides stepping on the opponent with his alt-form

Perhaps it feels off to me because first TF series I watched was RiD on 2001 and I compare Motormaster to Scourge, which was also an Optimus clone/reco and despite having a sword as a weapon, he was mostly a CQC/melee bot.

ATM, I feel that Kabam hasn't hit the nail with any Brawler-class characters except for MV1 Prime and, at some extend, Grimlock.
  • - 2 of your most favorite Bots and why?
    Ironhide = ranged Hard
    Ratchet = bit of healing and his S1 & S2 have extended reach.

- 2 of your least favorite Bots and why?
    Bonecrusher = meh thus far.
    Bumblebee = Meh thus far
    - Is there a Bot you didn't really like at first but started loving it after getting used to its game-play? and vice-versa.
    Bludgeon felt off due to the use of the sword that didn't really extend his reach/range. But i got used to it and would spam attacks with his ranged Hard.
  • Ironhide is nuts. Without a doubt he is probably the best Bot to have right now. Motormaster with his easily abusable Unstoppable is probably 2nd.

As for bots they need to bring in, I will not be happy until I finally, FINALLY, get to play as a G1 Megatron in at least ONE TF game, he's never been represented as far as I know. It's always G2 Tank Megatron or other incarnations.

He hasn't been in any other game because G1 Megatron's alt form sucks and is useless without someone wielding him. I'd much rather see a Beast Wars Megatron or any other Megatron that has a useable alt form.
    He's still a tank, but War/Fall of Cybertron Megatron was a nice design
  • mochlusmochlus Posts: 2
    edited April 2017
    On the topic of G1 Megs' alt mode, I think it wouldn't work TOO terribly in this game, since he's only transforming for a split second. Transform, fire off a ranged heavy attack, turn back... that's not too unrealistic, right? Or have Starscream fly into battle and wield him every time you use a heavy attack :D

My favorite is probably motormaster, gotta love unstoppable lol. Mirage is a good second, his specials are sweet. I don't like sideswipe or barricade so much, I simply can't manage to use them effectively... and I haven't used ratchet mucb since I've only got a 1* but I do like him a lot and hope I get a better one.
  • DoomeyDoomey Posts: 3
    edited April 2017
    My 2 favorites are Motormaster and Bumblebee. Unstoppable is great. I feel like I can win most fights with Motormaster and will always choose him vs a higher lvl bot in Arenas because I feel like he performs really well. Bumblebee is just really fun and can put out quite a lot of damage while avoiding attacks. They are my 2 go-to bots if I need to beat something. :)

Least favorites are Arcee and Mixmaster. I feel like Arcee is a "glass squirt gun". Super weak and the damage just isn't what I'd like. Mixmaster is my first 3* and first duped 3* and he is okay but I just feel like my play style doesn't work well with him. Even if I build up stacks for his special it's just super boring and low damage heavy attacks until I get my L3. He's not terrible but I just don't enjoy him as much as I had hoped. I don't like the dodge back and block to gain stacks. I feel like doing that makes him take a lot of unnecessary damage for minimal gain.

Just to add, I have all of these bots at 3* so this is my experience with them at Rank 3.
  • Best
    - Ironhide
    - Wingblade
    - Bonecrusher

Worst
    - Mirage
    - Barricade
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Mixmaster's attack seems to be overly low compared to everything else. I don't think his abilities like acid or sig make up for it either.. and the third hit of his second level special can be blocked even if the first two hits connect.

The game says demolition bots are supposed to have big hits, and he doesn't have it.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Arcee and Sideswipe is so weak now.. like the weakest in their class for Warrior and Scout type. Please buff these two once again to acceptable levels. I have both at 3* and it's really hard for me to play them when they have low hp and low attack.
    I actually wreck people with Sideswipe, but you have to baby him a bit to get his crit rate up then go to town.
    Agreed that Arcee needs a buff or something
    edited April 2017
    To me, Ironhide Specials don't make sense at all, name and description-wise.

SP1: Right name, wrong description
    SP2: Wrong name, wrong description
    SP3: Wrong name, wrong description.

At detail:

SP1's name it's called "Feelin' Lucky", which I think it's a perfect name for that special since you have to be kinda lucky to trigger both Stun and Burn effects (although everytime I used this special at least one effect has activated) At description it says "He loves to show his cannons". I think this description it's horrible, since during that special he just fire a single missile after a short combo and that's it. It has nothing to do with cannons.

Although SP2 it's one of the best specials, damage-wise, it's the one I hate the most. I think "Standoff Break" doesn't suit for SP2's name. Also the description, which it's "Point your weapon at him and he'll tear you appart" isn't very accurate for that special. Now, my final complain it's about animation. On the final hit, it shows that Ironhide it's charging and aiming both his cannon and his missile launcher at the opponent. However he just shoots the missile. Watching this special it's like... what the hell? Wasn't he supposed to shoot a beam as well? I don't know if it's because of an incomplete animation work or what.

Now SP3 it's amazing. It's a nice concept, however it has the same problems that SP2 has. Wrong name, wrong description, and the animation makes no sense if everything it's put together. If the special it's called "Full Metal Arsenal" and the description says "Fire everything", then why Ironhide it's just shooting only one beam and one missile during the special? It's ridiculous.

Now, my suggestions.

Put SP1's description on SP3.
    Put SP2's name on SP3 and viceversa. Also, fix your animation at the end of the special so it'll make sense that Ironhide it's aiming both of his weapons at the opponent or remove the part he's aiming his beam cannon at the end so it'll make sense.
    Put SP2's description on SP1.
    Put SP3's description on SP2.

So, it'll be like this.

SP1: Feelin' lucky - "Point your weapon at him and he'll tear you appart"
    If Ironhide sees the opponent point a weapon at him, "he'll tear you appart" with a short combo followed by a missile straight on the chest.
    SP2: Full Metal Arsenal - "FIre everything"
    With these new name and description, now it makes more sense lore-wise and it matches the special's animation, right? Ironhide "fires everything" from his "Full Metal Arsenal"
    SP3: Standoff Break - "He loves to show his cannons"
    By firing such powerful weapons at the same time and at point-blank range, I think that Ironhide would have a high chance to put his opponent on "Standoff Break". Also, during that backflip one could say that "He loves to show his cannons". Don't you think?
    edited April 2017
    Ironhide specials don't make sense to me in almost every aspect.

SP1: right name, wrong description, right animation.
    SP2: wrong name, wrong description, wrong animation.
    SP3: wrong name, wrong description, wrong animation.

At detail:
    SP1 it's called "Feelin' Lucky", which I think it suits perfectly to that special because Ironhide it's "feelin' lucky" that he will deal both Stun and Burn damage with his attacks (although everytime I used it, it always deals at least one of the effects to the opponent) However, I think the special description's doesn't match the animation. The description says "He loves to show his cannons", but SP1 has nothing to do with cannons in my opinion. He just does a short combo followed by a missile attack.

Although SP2 it's one of the most damaging non-SP3 specials in the game, it's the one I hate the most. Both it's name and description doesn't match what Ironhide actually does during this special. I think "Standoff Break" isn't the right name, and the description, which it's "Point your weapon at him and he'll tear you appart", isn't very accurate as well. Finally, the animation at the end it feels kinda off for me. We can clearly see that at the end Ironhide it's charging and aiming both his beam cannon and his missile launcher at the opponent, however he only shoots the missile. I swear, watching this special for me it's like... "what the hell? Wasn't he supposed to fire his beam cannon as well?"

Lastly, I can say with all honesty that Ironhide's SP3 it's among my top 5 favorite SP3 on the game. However, it also "suffers the same problems" SP2 has. Wrong name, wrong description and although there are no problems with the animation, graphic and coding-wise, there is a problem lore-wise. Let me explain this: if this special's name it's "Full Metal Arsenal" and it's description says "Fire everything", then why Ironhide doesn't "fire everything" during this special? It makes no sense at all.

Now, my suggestions:
    Put SP1's description on SP3.
    Put SP3's name on SP2 and viceversa.
    Put SP2's description on SP1 and SP3's description on SP2.
    Fix SP2's animation so Ironhide fires both his beam and missile at the end. Or remove the beam cannon part at the end so it'll make sense that he's just firing a missile at the end. Or make him shoot his missile with his beam cannon mid-flight so the missile detonates earlier right on the opponent's face, I don't know. Be more creative. No offense intented, but don't you guys at Kabam have a creative team that has to think about all this "Special creation process"?

Anyway, now if somehow guys at Kabam manages to read this, although I'm pretty sure they won't. And even if they read it they won't apply these changes, now it should look like this.

SP1: Feelin' Lucky - "Point your weapon at him and he'll tear you appart"
    If Ironhide sees an opponent pointing a gun at him, "he'll tear him/her appart" with a quick and short combo followed by a missile capable of "tearing appart" the opponent.

SP2: Full Metal Arsenal - "Fire everything"
    I think that with this new name and description, now it makes much more sense what Ironhide it's doing during this special, don't you think? He "fires everything" from his "Full Metal Arsenal".

SP3: Standoff Break - "He loves to show his cannons"
    By firing both his beam cannon and missile launcher simultaneously at point-blank range, I think that Ironhide it's pretty much capable of "standoff break" the opponent. Not to mention that I believe more than one can say that during that backflip Ironhide performs on his SP3, "he loves to show his cannons".

Well, what do you guys think?
  • NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    Has anybody else realized that non-Bayverse OP is actually from Combiner Wars?
    Same as Motormaster, Prowl & Mirage?
    Or is it just me?

Yes, that would explain it. I was looking for the missile launcher on Mirage's shoulder, but it wasn't there. I remember him being mind controlled by Bombshell in the G1 cartoons and blowing a Decepticon to bits with his missile launcher.

Thankfully, Sideswipe has kept his.
  • NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    Best and worst?

I think Juggerna ... ahem, Motormaster is the strongest bot. I feel like I can fight bots with double the rating and possibly win. The second best seems to be MV1 Optimus Prime. His specials do insane damage. Ironhide is a close third.

As for the ones I mothball? Arcee heads that list. She's supposed to be a ranged bot, but ranged doesn't seem a viable strategy for her. After her Special 1, the ranged buff seems to disappear before I can get any shots off.

My second 'meh' bot is Mixmaster. It seems you try to survive and wait for his Special 3, all without using critical heavy attacks. I wouldn't dream of fighting bots much higher than his level, as he can't use heavy attacks, which means pounding on blocking bots for no reward.

So, in order:
    1 - Motormaster
    2 - MV1 Optimus Prime/Ironhide

Loser - Mixmaster
    Biggest Loser - Arcee
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    I was pretty lucky in that my first 4* Bot I got was Motormaster, and I think hes amazing. I even have his 3* and 2* versions, and I really like using them all in story mode and just about anything else. The Unstoppable is an amazing ability, and allows you to play in a really aggressive way, that you just cant do with the other bots. By far, my favorite bot. I really love his SP3 also which adds some hefty debuffs on the opponent for a good chunk of time as well.

My least favorite first now out of my roster is Arcee - shes pretty disappointing. I have her 3* as 2/4, and I have tried using her in a variety of ways, and I just have not been able to be very effective with her. Nearly all her abilities are range based, which would lead you to believe she does amazing Ranged attacks - however, although this game allows for ranged attacks, the computer AI will not stand at range while you are shooting at it for very long, and once Arcee gets hit, shes pretty much gone. She has very few hit points and becomes useless pretty fast.

IMO - if you want to improve Arcee, you need to make her more like Spiderman from MCOC. She needs higher melee evasion, and her block breaker move should be more about pushing people back and keeping them at range...so maybe her block breaker adds a movement slow to the opponent? Something that would make it easier to keep at range and use her effectively if you want to keep her as a "range" bot. She also needs much higher range accuracy - perhaps her awakened ability could be something like "Bullet Trackers" which would allow for shots fired at range to ignore evasion, and to always hit even if the bot moves up or down. Her low HP is fine if it can be compensated for something - however at this point, trying to use her as a Range DPS bot only ends with me getting very frustrated that she is getting destroyed by an opponent that is 100PI less than her.
    Stitch626 wrote: »
    I was pretty lucky in that my first 4* Bot I got was Motormaster, and I think hes amazing. I even have his 3* and 2* versions, and I really like using them all in story mode and just about anything else. The Unstoppable is an amazing ability, and allows you to play in a really aggressive way, that you just cant do with the other bots. By far, my favorite bot. I really love his SP3 also which adds some hefty debuffs on the opponent for a good chunk of time as well.

My least favorite first now out of my roster is Arcee - shes pretty disappointing. I have her 3* as 2/4, and I have tried using her in a variety of ways, and I just have not been able to be very effective with her. Nearly all her abilities are range based, which would lead you to believe she does amazing Ranged attacks - however, although this game allows for ranged attacks, the computer AI will not stand at range while you are shooting at it for very long, and once Arcee gets hit, shes pretty much gone. She has very few hit points and becomes useless pretty fast.

IMO - if you want to improve Arcee, you need to make her more like Spiderman from MCOC. She needs higher melee evasion, and her block breaker move should be more about pushing people back and keeping them at range...so maybe her block breaker adds a movement slow to the opponent? Something that would make it easier to keep at range and use her effectively if you want to keep her as a "range" bot. She also needs much higher range accuracy - perhaps her awakened ability could be something like "Bullet Trackers" which would allow for shots fired at range to ignore evasion, and to always hit even if the bot moves up or down. Her low HP is fine if it can be compensated for something - however at this point, trying to use her as a Range DPS bot only ends with me getting very frustrated that she is getting destroyed by an opponent that is 100PI less than her.

It is true that Motormaster it's a great bot. Although I still don't understand why a Brawler-class robot fights using a sword. He should use his fists instead and save his sword for his SP1, just like Optimus does with his axe. In Grimlock's case, I understand since he has been using a sword in every incarnation. Motormaster however was more of a fist fighter although he's well known for his trademarks sword and rifle.
  • ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    Ratchet is too OP.

Needs Nerf.
  • Toughnut wrote: »
    Ratchet is too OP.

Needs Nerf.

You have to be joking. If anything Rachet needs a buff.
    Toughnut wrote: »
    Ratchet is too OP.

Needs Nerf.

Please tell me you're just trolling
  • Love Bludgeon. It's easy to time his combos and anticipate hits, and he also has a ranged charge attack which is useful. Ironhide is also good because of his ranged attacks (his ranged level 2 power move is crazy... if it connects lol)

Dislike Ratchet and Rhinox... they are kinda slow and their combos are lacking but I agree that their abilities are good...
  • ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    Miike,

Tell them that I AIN'T joking.

Ratchet needs nerf.

#ratistooop
    Is it Miike your bf or something? You're always calling him out on every post. Can't you just say for yourself why you think Rachet it's op?

Seriously, stop trolling. Rachet it's one of the weakest bots if he isn't leveled up properly
  • Meh...I'm still saying Ironhide and Motormaster are the best bots ATM. Motormaster just brute forces his way to a win with Unstoppable and Ironhide deletes HP bars with Heavy attacks and Specials.
    Dislike Ratchet and Rhinox... they are kinda slow and their combos are lacking but I agree that their abilities are good...

Rhinox SP2 it's overkill. Almost on par with Ironhide SP1 and 2, IMO.

Even with my 1-Star Rhinox I manage to deal 3+ Bleed stacks with SP2.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    Not falling in this trap... Pretty sure the consensus top 3 bots on this thread all end up receiving changes in the next 60 days ;)
  • tekkn1kal wrote: »
    Not falling in this trap... Pretty sure the consensus top 3 bots on this thread all end up receiving changes in the next 60 days ;)

Actually, we already have lots of changes planned. We will be continuously making adjustments to Bots in the game to ensure that they remain relevant, but not completely overpowered. This will happen on a fairly regular basis, like most games that continuously add new content.
  • tekkn1kal wrote: »

Actually, we already have lots of changes planned. We will be continuously making adjustments to Bots in the game to ensure that they remain relevant, but not completely overpowered. This will happen on a fairly regular basis, like most games that continuously add new content.

Great. So we put our precious sparks into bots like alpha shards we paid for and then you change a bot we like to make them un-relevant.

This makes total sense......