Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Honestly Kabam, this is ridiculous

ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
The Grimlock boss in act 2 of spotlight expert is absurd.

You keep raising the bar for spotlight but you don't keep raising the rewards in line with the difficulty.

If you expect players to spend $$$ to get yet another repeat relic and the same old spotlight rewards, you are in for a rude awakening.

This mod combination is not challenging in a fun way, nor is it imaginative... It's just designed to prevent all but one bot synergy combination from having an actual chance at defeating him:

wf593c5a1sso.png

This is a giant middle finger to the players. Please, enlighten me on what you were thinking here?

It's a ridiculous amount of defensive power gain.

All he does is turtle and charge power at will.

You can't set up combos with ranged because it makes him block.

The armor buff makes it so the only bots that are useful at all are armor breakers, since waiting for the buff to go away will result in an s3 charged up from him blocking... Yet they still need to stop the power gain.

You can't dance around, because he's just a time bomb. As was the case with AM lanes, you give zero real options to counter this, except with money.

Just about the only bot that can take him on is Megatron w/ shockwave synergy, because he can fuse power gain and armor debuffs on him.

Wonderful job. You made 99% of the bot roster inept, and forced players to use items to get the same boring rewards.

Tagged:

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Power should at least be gained through useful Blocking, not standing there holding block. We're not playing KOF 94/95.
  • Kabam you're playing with fire. This is not fun.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    You really do need G1 Megatron, armour breaks will tear through him and the attack debuffs from special 2 will reduce the inevitable special 3 damage. I think I got lucky when he kept spamming special 1 but best thing to do is quickly back off when he’s blocking, then bait out a special 1 or 2, dodge it and counter before he can’t do anything.

Any info on Dinobot and Ape?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Block while armor buff and attack other times. SP should do the job. Looks like same from past SM.

Not even close. On the previous grimlock spotlight he did not have defensive power gain so there was a blocking strategy you could employ.

This is just complete violation. You either relentlessly attack and charge up his bar, or he relentlessly defends charging up his bar.

There is no strategy you can use vs him.
    Manthro wrote: »
    Block while armor buff and attack other times. SP should do the job. Looks like same from past SM.

Not even close. On the previous grimlock spotlight he did not have defensive power gain so there was a blocking strategy you could employ.

This is just complete violation. You either relentlessly attack and charge up his bar, or he relentlessly defends charging up his bar.

There is no strategy you can use vs him.

Yep it sucks that you have to use certain bots just to beat a boss, if you haven’t got any armour breaking champs best strategy is to go ape on him and beg to Primus he spams special 1 or 2.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    I haven't tried him yet but on all defensive power gains Mirage s2 helps. Also nobody uses UM but with his stacks he can survive 2-4 s3s depending on his rank.

sounds like this sucks though
  • I couldn’t even pass the s-1000 its so stupid and i have got 4 max r4 4stars .
    I hate when they over power the boss so much .
    Attack buff with unstoppable just when to attacks .

Just btwn 1-2 sec window are machines to respond that low ??? @kabam
  • Hmm, that doesn't sound fun at all. I'm gonna talk to the team and make sure that this is brought up for further discussion. I'll also ask to see if they have any tips for this encounter.
  • Can you get some dev's on here maybe and take the 30% power gain from blocking out of the damn game. it so absurd, in mcoc they only have a 1.8% power game not 30%!!!

Iv already scaled back a ton of playing on this game and I'm about ready to quit
  • Also this is supposed to be a hard difficulty yes but Uncollected difficulty in MCOC is easier than this. It's absolutely pathetic and ruining the experience for everyone in the game.

I have one rank 5 and four rank 4 bots and I still cant clear this without using tons of items. Its absolutely appalling.

You should want more people to come and play, not the opposite. Its the final straw
  • Nightchris wrote: »
    Can you get some dev's on here maybe and take the 30% power gain from blocking out of the damn game. it so absurd, in mcoc they only have a 1.8% power game not 30%!!!

Iv already scaled back a ton of playing on this game and I'm about ready to quit

This types of annoying mods keep coming i quit the nxt spot light
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    I've never been fond of the block energy mods. It's what shut me down against Shockwave of all bots in the last mission sets. The goal of surviving these guys is avoiding their special, but you can't do that when they can simply block for three and a half seconds to get their special 3.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    I’m going to go ahead say the easiest way the beat block power gain is not block yourself. I noticed the AI tends to mirror you. In AM I take block power gain with Mv1, I don’t block...I dodge mixy and Grindor and don’t have issues. First few times I did I was blocking too much and getting wrecked.

In this fight I just waited...dodges side to side, let him beat me up a little bit...fire some special 1 etc then sp2 OGed him. It worked for but may not work for everyone else
    Zero energon outside of mission refills
    But me not using kits has nothing to do with the advice I gave. you can try it or not it’s up to you.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    is it that different than defensive power gain from am? havent fought it yet
    I didn’t mind the Grimlock boss, mainly because I have a armour break god being G1 Megatron. The real pain was the S-1000 boss since all it does is corner, attack, heavy/special and so on. Very annoying when you dash and it shoots a heavy even though you’re attacking it...

Rewards are definitely not worth it for the difficulty we are fighting against, going to come up with a good suggestion for expert rewards soon.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited January 2018
    Just like previously, crazy power gain with S3 unlocked is really unfair, you can't bait out specials before S3 because it only takes 10 seconds of block, which the AI is very, very happy to do. So basically do as much damage as you can before you get one shot.
  • That Grimlock is absurd. I won't be attempting expert this go around.
    edited January 2018
    I actually beat Grimlock in a single run without revive/repair. I have four r4 (duped OG Prime, Grindor, SW and undupe IH), the 5th being an already KO'ed WB.
    OG Prime and Grindor took 30% of his life.
    I was counting on IH's SP2 to kick some real ass, but once I had it I was hitting the wall with a pillow because of his armor. I can't wait either because my IH was being burnt to death. IH caused him about 2% of life. Meh.
    Then SW save the day, I was lucky. Firstly, GL keeps throwing SP1 without reason. Secondly, every time I put a SP1 it's stun+power leak. I've not taken any SP3 and finished with 70% of my life.

I have to agree with BOFAD that GL don't charge power that often if you just dance around. Let him chase you. Even when cornered, you can backstep the 1st, 3rd of a 5-combo and block the rest (to mitigate the input). Ditch ranged shooting altogether. Even with IH, go melee style and gain some power hitting or getting hit. But backstep every time your melee is blocked. GL will be happy to throw SP1 for free in this case. I don't think Mirage can be of help though. His charge rate outgrows your luckiest power burn shots.

I did got my ass handed to that S-1000 though. The full team arrived with 95%+ health, then was crushed one by one within seconds. The all-hail-sharkticon repairs 30% of the lifebar, WTF?! Revived twice my IH to deal with him.
    Really should be very careful against this shark. My SW launched a heavy when he was dashing in unstoppably, he gained two power-bars and copied my power gain ability then reached to an SP3 before I understand what's happening!
    To remove his unstoppable stacks, you have to employ the "single shot, backstep/sidestep" trick at least for the first 2 stacks. The last stack can be removed with a melee and he will get stunned.
    That's another part of the story starting with 'I'm so dead before meeting the hidden boss', though it does not invalid the GL fight two cents.
  • You guys want Swiss, cheddar, or Colby jack?

(Seriously...grimlock was easy. G1 BB is where it’s at)
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    i cannot even start the fight without a health penalty thanks to crash..
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    Um.. bring prowl with his power drain? Or rhinox with power Lock? I'm just shooting out ideas since I can't even play expert spotlight
    @StreetFighter I mean the hidden OPrimal who get in the way.
  • I think the thought with Mirage was to use his SP2 not his SP1. SP2 if duped will allow you to get in and pull off a nice stun chain that will debuff his attack by a solid bit. Normally it isn't the best to use since it usually takes a bot straight to SP3 but since he's going to go to SP3 anyway, between the attack debuffs and Mirage shield, should limit the damage. I haven't personally tried tho so just spitballing. My expert bots are tied up in AM atm so I won't touch this til after current AM series.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    I didn’t find it too difficult with MV1. I was holding a conversation while fighting, so I didn’t quite beat him in one go, but I cleaned up with WB in a couple of hits

I wasn’t using any boosts or relics, but both my bots were r4 (not forged much)

All you have to do is not shoot, and keep baiting the sp1
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    People’s comments about the Shark are surprising me. I didn’t even notice I was at the boss until he launched an sp3, but even then, I still finished with about 40% health on my first bot

Sorry I can’t say what I did, I was just playing normally and not really paying any attention
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited January 2018
    This thread was not about easy or hard. It was about proper mods. This mod is not proper in my opinion, but if you guys like to play by yourself with yourself then enjoy it. This game should be fun and not otherwise!
    I believe @Manthro has no problem passing that GL and it looks like he is playing harder AM levels then ...
    Is it really hard to put away your ... and really try to understand what is the subject about?!

This. Exactly.

Although it's easy to understand why players would think I couldn't beat the boss when reading the post. I was extremely irritated and wrote that after my first unsuccessful attempt at GL, however... If you look at the image I did get him down to 30% HP.

On my next attempts I didn't fail. Still, that mod combination is terrible. Dinobot is even worse, but still doable