Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Announcing: Sharkticon Week! [Correction: Jan 30 - 11:18 PT)

Comments

• Special3 on the class sharks.. is it going to be same for all classes as S-1000??

They will be the same as S-1000. Unfortunately, they don't all have special Sp3 Animations.
  • ShawnShawn Posts: 2
    We will
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Somehow this feels like a sneaky way to get everyone to spend all their gold and ore maxing out their Sharkticons before forging them....
  • Owsome game
  • camaro57camaro57 Posts: 212
    Special3 on the class sharks.. is it going to be same for all classes as S-1000??

They will be the same as S-1000. Unfortunately, they don't all have special Sp3 Animations.

For the daily reward as sharkticon do we get to pick which class? For 3 star does it let me pick same class as shockwave.
    Basically can you explain the calender rewards more clearly. I don't understand this topic description on calender.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590

Is the Alliance Event the only place to get 4-Star Sharkticons?
    Here is where the fun begins. Forge away your lower rank Sharkticons to get Shards for the next tier of Sharkticons! Forge your 2-Star Sharkticons into ANY 3-STAR OR 4-STAR BOT to get 3-Star Sharkticon Crystal Shards, and Forge your 3-Star Sharkticons into ANY 4-STAR BOT to get 4-Star Sharkticon Crystal Shards!

Hey Miike,

Very cool. Q: will forging sharks return shark crystal shards at the same rate that forging bots currently returns crystal shards?

If yes, it sounds like it might be tricky finding enough sharks in a week to get a single 3* shark. I'm sure you've all got a balance you think works, so I'm just trying to understand it

3/30 bots normally give 85 shards, plus 55 for each dupe. If there are only 6 of these bots available, and we need 2,000 shards to get a 3*, we'd need to forge six 3/30 sig20 sharks to get a 3* (actually, 4 of them would need to be sig25)

Is that likely to be possible?
  • Just a question but could you add maby some more of the stuntacons the constructacons or the airalbots
  • It would be cool to see the combiners
  • B_KassB_Kass Posts: 22
    I have to ask: Will there be a way to obtain sharkticons besides this event? I want to keep some for the collector in me, but if forging helps me advance my roster, then I may have to make the sacrifice. Some clarification would be nice.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited January 2018
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Somehow this feels like a sneaky way to get everyone to spend all their gold and ore maxing out their Sharkticons before forging them....

yup.. i'm planning to ignore them too.. just farm what I can.

It's for the big spenders to buy up all the gold crystals (and other materials with energon) and lvl those sharks up fast within that limited time frame. They are the only ones capable of getting all the available sharkticons 4* in the game.. not normal players like us.. :* oh plus the fact that you'd need to grind shark arenas too within that 1 week.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    hopefully it's a 1 month event then more players can have a shot at it..
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    This sounds amazing. But hopefully it won't be ruined by the massive hype level
  • MVSteveMVSteve Posts: 77
    I think this will get everyone to go crazy over them at first but in time we all know they will be just another bot in the game. Don't get me wrong, I want it all at first too.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    can we forge the sharks into other bots or just sharks to get the shards? and is it remotely realistic to expect getting a single 4star out of this?
  • I’m way more excited for the bot upgrades.. I don’t see myself going nuts over these sharks, but you never know. I just doubt it.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Sounds like good fun. Have to be honest though, when this goes live I’m going to make a quick estimate if I can get a 4* shark. If not I’m not going to bother. Doesn’t make much sense to get them just for the collection.
  • OP7842OP7842 Posts: 46
    Apologies if this has already been brought up, but will upgrading and ranking Sharkticons contribute towards the Class Use one day events?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited January 2018
    MVSteve wrote: »
    I think this will get everyone to go crazy over them at first but in time we all know they will be just another bot in the game. Don't get me wrong, I want it all at first too.

Of course, there's nothing new in Sharkticons. They're copy/paste cocktail from the early bots in a class. Same S3, and IIRC their specials have reduced effect compared to the plagiarized bot.

Anyone remember all their sigs? I'm listing what I saw:
    Scout: Barricade's ability of Evade upon knock down.
    Tactician: UM's ability of switching resistance.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited January 2018
    This sounds cool, but it's very unclear how to actually get the 4*.

How many shards/how many bots do we need to forge? How does it scale if the bot is duped? How many are we getting from the game in milestones and rewards? Will top 10% be able to get a 4* or just top 10?

If they don't expire does this mean it's not really expected that many will get a 4* this time and we should be planning more long term for the next time the event runs?

Is there going to be a crystal for purchase as well?
  • Hey Everybody, I forgot to mention something that I think some of you might want to know. Duplicating Sharkticons will NOT give you Optimus Primal Chips, or any other featured Bot Chips.

So just thinking as I'm typing here, since February is the shortest month on the calendar plus you've dedicated a week here for the sharks that leaves us 3 weeks.

Will chips counts be knocked up to allow for the shorter time to get February's featured bot? Just wondering how this is going to work as if you push this event into March the rest of the year will be messed up.
  • Agree with most of the other people here. Time to refresh those forging skills. Feels like it's really important here to have a strategy from the start. Do I forge straight into 3* or first into 2* and then into 3*? Should I wait until the bots are duped a couple of times or do I get maximum gain from forging each bot separately? Let's keep in mind that the only thing that matters (I guess) is the amount of shards gained. Here is a nice chart that has been posted before:

hiayuxa5nmrp.jpg

Feels like we need to formalize a strategy though based on that data. Perhaps with a few examples to argue for one way or the other. Will try to tinker a bit with this chart later tonight unless someone does it before me.

• DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Is there an option to throw money at it and buy shark crystals in hopes of getting a duped 4* of each class?
  • ZangZang Posts: 34
    edited January 2018
    No answer to my question :(
    «  everyday will there be only shark arena ? Or shark arena + casual arena as crystal/alpha/basic bounty ?? »

If casual arenas vanish this week it’s very annoying because 2 crystal arenas can give a real 4* within 2 days only not a « fake » bot within 7 days, and still need T3 basic &T2 alpha
    I don’t understand why people are excited by shark they are useless, no special 3, all the same.
    I m wondering what will be the reaction of mcoc community if kabam release an adaptoid as champ
  • Zang wrote: »
    No answer to my question :(
    «  everyday will there be only shark arena ? Or shark arena + casual arena as crystal/alpha/basic bounty ?? »

If casual arenas vanish this week it’s very annoying because 2 crystal arenas can give a real 4* within 2 days only not a « fake » bot within 7 days, and still need T3 basic &T2 alpha
    I don’t understand why people are excited by shark they are useless, no special 3, all the same.
    I m wondering what will be the reaction of mcoc community if kabam release an adaptoid as champ

Because Sharkticons have been the only unplayable bot for so long but are a big part of the game. Plus, they're really cool looking bots IMO. And they do have a special 3, it's just that it's the same as S1000. So no unique S3 for each class.
  • will the sharticans be available in the premium bot crystal and other crystals?
  • ZangZang Posts: 34
    edited January 2018
    will the sharticans be available in the premium bot crystal and other crystals?

No only in shark arenas, special calendar, 7 days alliance event and forge to get shark crystal shard
  • Hey Everybody,

We just corrected some incorrect information in the original post.

A previous version of this post incorrectly stated you could gain bonus points for using Sharkticons in Arenas. It has been corrected to now read that you gain bonus points for defeating special Shark Attack! teams in Arenas.

Sorry about the confusion here. What this is referring to are some special teams in the Arenas, similar to Megatron and Optimus teams in regular Arenas, but they consist entirely of Sharkticons and S-1000!
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    I just have one question, will this be a reoccurring event or are there no plans to bring back this event after it’s over?
  • Nick_80 wrote: »
    I just have one question, will this be a reoccurring event or are there no plans to bring back this event after it’s over?

yes i agree will it reoccur... yearly?
  • or avery six months