Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

March Spotlight

Is there not going to be a spotlight for March? I see in the calendar that there are no chips!

Comments

• LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    If you look closer their are spots left blank. They probably don’t want to give hints on who the new bot will be yet.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Hey are we February ?
  • Lol sorry yeah February
  • Is there going to be a spotlight this month or no?
  • @Kabam Miike @Kabam Rimehaven @Kabam Tenebrous can someone answer the question?
  • @Foxhole342 Just so you're aware, they don't tend to officially release info on the new featured bot until a few days before it changes over. Since there's another week to go before the current featured bot month ends, we've probably got another few days left to go before there'll be an official announcement. Don't let shark week worry you regarding whether there'll be a featured bot next month, but also don't expect the Kabam guys to tell you who's coming next month just because you tagged them.

Also, to bring you up to speed on the current most likely candidates, it's probably gonna be Beast Wars Cheetor or Beast Wars Skorponok, given some of the dialogue in the Optimus Primal spotlight missions.
  • @ Nightgaunt no my question is, is there a new spotlight for February and is there going to be a new bot? I don’t need to know what bot just if there is going to be one or are the sharks February’s bot?
  • The event is literally called shark[ticon] week, and it's clearly stated in the announcement that it'll run from Feb 1st to Feb 8th.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited February 2018
    Nightgaunt wrote: »
    The event is literally called shark[ticon] week, and it's clearly stated in the announcement that it'll run from Feb 1st to Feb 8th.

The sad part is.. despite it being mentioned on the forums multiple times, and having an in game message delivered for players to read, they are too lazy to bother reading event notifications...

As a result, I've come to the conclusion it's a waste of time to answer or clarify these types questions when asked, since the people asking them are just as likely to not read the answer anyway B)
  • @Nightgaunt and @Manthro what does that have to do with anything. Yes this event is for a week. And your point is what? That does not mean that there will be a bot in the spotlight this month or that there will even be a spotlight this month since it is a short month and they are using one week for this event!!!!
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    edited February 2018
    No offense but you guys are being a bit cheeky. He CLEARLY asked if there would be a Feb botm+ spotlight. You guys start talking about WHO botm will likely be and sharkticon week. All whilst implying quite condescendingly that OP is likely to "not read" your snide remarks.

Just, chill. Were glad you have a firm grasp of how things function around here, but maybe re-read to be sure you're seeing/understanding what the question is before answering.....

:)

All honesty, I'm just trying to stand up for the chap, he said and did nothing to merit such abrasive insinuations. His questions is actually one I've had too.. taking a week out of a 4 week month for sharks, there will only be 21 days left of Feb, meaning if there is a botm/spotlight it'll be cut short(so what of the 100k grind?) Or it'll spill over into March far enough that it will offset the botm a bit. It's a valid question that deserves answering. Cause, my gut says they'll cut botm spotlight short (if they have one at all), which makes getting a 4* harder and more stressful(unless they compensate with chip resources)
  • I'm sure the spotlight will run as normal because they are releasing 12 monthly bots a year. With 4 week durations that leaves an extra 4 weeks they will have to use through the year so this is one of those extra weeks being used to give us an extra event.

To the OP, there will be a new spotlight with a new bot. Will it line up with the calender perfectly, not likely but as long as you have 4 weeks to get it things are no different than before.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I think there may be one. The Sharkticon week feature end looks like it coincides with the Primal featured bot end so there may be a bot of the month following that.

I’m just curious if they’re going to keep calling it the featured bot of the month (or whatever) since it probably will start overlapping two different months.
  • Last_FrontierLast_Frontier Posts: 290
    edited February 2018
    The problem is, y'all are thinking too linear. This is kabam we're talking about, calendar months mean nothing to them. Dinobot (November) ended at American Thanksgiving and Megatron (December) started a full week in November. Just like the login calendar only has 28 days every month, every spotlight has 28 "normal" days.

Yes Virginia, there will be another spotlight mission. It will start when the current one ends and run for 28 days. At this point they will either do another bonus week OR they will start another spotlight mission.
  • @Kabam Miike thank you I appreciate the info
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Just gonna drop in here to put this all to rest. Yes, there is a Bot of the Month coming, and there is a new Spotlight mission that will start after the current one ends.

Action is coming!
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited February 2018
    Guys, let’s stop Hound-ing them for information and wait it out....
  • It’s Hound- I’m working on the abilties