Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

OnePlus 5T / Android 8 Oreo

Comments

• Hi

Last year, I used to play on a Google Nexus 6p running Android 8. Battery consumption was awful when playing, and the gameplay was, well, not satisfactory : freezes, general slowness, amplified when meeting certain bots (Ramjet, for instance) or mods (EMI, for instance).

It gave it back, and switched for a new phone with higher specs : OnePlus 5T, running OxygenOS Android 7.1.
    I have seen some improvements for a while, game was faster overall, but I had the same freezes and slowness most of the time, specially in AM or special mission.
    Same as on the Nexus, CPU was overheating some times, causing either the game to be slow as hell, or by a strange magic, by as fast as never, with degraded graphics and FX (no smoothing in the moves, for instance)

A few weeks ago, my OnePlus 5T has been upgraded to Android 8, and together with the new 5.2 update, it's worst than ever.
    Basically, I can play 5min "normally"
    After 10min, the phone is hot, and I start missing hits or moves.
    After 1h, I just can't play anything important as 1 out of 2 actions will not be taken into account, or too late.

Hence my point to @Kabam Miike
    Can you please work on an optimized version for Oreo?
    Can you have the dev working on a version that would allow to play with 1/less graphic details 2/a lower screen resolution
    In the meantime, can you MP a link to the APK of a lower end device (I would like to test with lower res / less details) ?
  • Really you have this problem with the OnePlus 5T? That's weird as I play on a 2016 ZTE Axon 7 and it runs perfectly normal, super smooth, barely lags and crashes. Power consumption is worse but that's not the games fault as its just that my phone is old. It used to be 30 mins of playtime = 5-10 percent off the battery.
  • TheBeastInsideTheBeastInside Posts: 429
    edited March 2018
    Yes, really ;-(
    Might be Oreo related, not phone related

For instance, this morning, after a few raids and finishing the AM, I played 12 series in arena in 1hour (slow gameplay and longer fights )

Right now, I finished the same 12 series in 40mins.
    Only difference : cold phone at the start (but not now anymore ;-))
  • @Kabam Miike any chance we get an update for Oreo?

It's worst than ever in expert spotlight. It's as if all bots were Ramjet with EMI modules

(Cause, yeah, you know that Ramjet and EMI are slowing the phone down, don't you ?)
  • xxerexxxxerexx Posts: 96
    It's not strictly oreo. The S9+ (snapdragon 845) works ok, though graphics are awful.
  • So, here's where it gets complicated. It's not an issue with Oreo. This game is optimized for Oreo, but the issue here lies with all of the different technical specifications for Android Devices that run Oreo, as well as a plethora of different settings that can be enabled/disabled on the device end.

When you're talking about Android devices, you're talking about many different kinds of Processors (Snapdragon, Tegra , etc.) as well as different configurations of RAM, and other hardware. As hard as we try, some of those configurations do not play well with our Game. Additionally, just because two people have the same "device" doesn't mean that it is the same model.

For example, our partners been working hard on an ongoing issue with Samsung Devices that use the Mali GPU, but the same versions of those devices in some territories don't have those issues, because they use a different GPU that our engine doesn't have compatibility issues with.

We're constantly working on improving performance on all devices, and I will pass your experience on to the team to see if they have any insights.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Just stick with iPhone already guys.. if you’re a heavy gamer an iPhone is always worth it.
  • @Kabam Miike I pretty well understand the problem of Android devices being diverse, but look, I have the high-end version of this phone, which has a pretty decent and standard configuration, which is the same worldwide.

Don't tell me it can work smoothly on this kind of device.

https://oneplus.net/5t

batd3z6u6tld.png
  • TheBeastInsideTheBeastInside Posts: 429
    edited March 2018
    I will probably try to revert to Android 7, which s...s as it requires wiping all the data.

In the meantime, does someone reading this play on a galaxy s8? How is it going?

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/OnePlus-5T,Samsung-Galaxy-S8/phones/10695,10311
  • Again, @Kabam Miike , just tell the dev to provide us with an option menu to change resolution and disable some effects (shading, lighting, ...)

I would rather play with less details than getting bored by not being able to have a decent gameplay.
  • AnTuTu benchmark on my phone and comparison with other Droid devices

ksycsf4jum0b.png
    unqi65xxmevc.png