Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Soundwave ninja-nerfed?

I've seen more and more successful dodging of his heavy. I paid attention to his heavy animation and found there are only 2 shots (instead of 3) now.
Anyone can confirm this?
Tagged:

Comments

• MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Yup, his heavy can be avoided now by sidestepping, the blast radius to compensate for lack of range has been removed, this is some messed up %@#*%*•&gt;_<
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    Yup, his heavy can be avoided now by sidestepping, the blast radius to compensate for lack of range has been removed, this is some messed up %@#*%*•&gt;_<

I tried myself, just wait for the first shot to drop then sidestep, it's reliable. So on the upside we as players get more benefit fighting Soundwave (like map3 miniboss with Focus Power Gain). AI still eats a lot of his heavies.

But @Kabam Miike , this violates rule number 1 of telling us everything you nerf, doesn't it?
  • Could be a bug
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Ironhide seems the most proficient at sidestepping, don't think I've landed a heavy on him in AM since the update. Galvatron, maybe 50-50. This is a huge change and really limits Soundwave capability. Sidestepping a bots heavy seems fine...unless most of that bots utility is based on landing his heavy.
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    Another slap on the face for the player base by Kabam.
  • I thought the AI bots were dodging a lot of heavies lately. Thought it was just me. Glad to hear others are having the same problem.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I've seen more and more successful dodging of his heavy. I paid attention to his heavy animation and found there are only 2 shots (instead of 3) now.
    Anyone can confirm this?

Seems this could affect his use against focused frenzy.
  • There has always been 3 shots and you could always sidestep... it was and still is very difficult to do so
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited March 2018
    swiftKilla wrote: »
    There has always been 3 shots and you could always sidestep... it was and still is very difficult to do so

This ^

I've been sidestepping Soundwave's heavy attack for months now. It's not easy to do, but it can be done. I have maybe a 30% success rate and only really attempt it when I'm cornered.

It was never impossible to do so.
    Though you can’t say it hasn’t been changed to 2 shots now. At least in the animation. Not sure if it really was 3 shots in the past or counted as just one.

Anecdotally, I do have the computer bots dodging my heavies a lot more often now days than just a little while ago. Not sure if it’s because Soundwave’s heavy was tweaked or if the bot AI’s have been to better dodge these.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited March 2018
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Though you can’t say it hasn’t been changed to 2 shots now. At least in the animation. Not sure if it really was 3 shots in the past or counted as just one.

Anecdotally, I do have the computer bots dodging my heavies a lot more often now days than just a little while ago. Not sure if it’s because Soundwave’s heavy was tweaked or if the bot AI’s have been to better dodge these.

My animation is still 3 shots. Look at the ground, and you'll still see 3 points of contact when he heavies. Maybe only two shots visually come out of laserbeak, but the 3 hits are still touching the ground.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Then we need an unstoppable bot to confirm the number of shots.
  • SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    edited March 2018
    My animation on my iPad is showing only 2 shots. Watching the ground, there definitely is only 2 shots. At least it was yesterday, today though watching closely it's back to 3
    Manthro wrote: »
    Darm0k wrote: »

My animation is still 3 shots. Look at the ground, and you'll still see 3 points of contact when he heavies. Maybe only two shots visually come out of laserbeak, but the 3 hits are still touching the ground.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I use Soundwave more than any other bot and I've noticed opponents sidestepping a little more but honestly it hasn't affected my progress too much. If he was nerfed it wasn't too bad.
  • I also use Soundwave more than any other Bot, but haven't really noticed a change. Bots in Higher Difficulty AM and Expert Difficulty have always been more likely to sidestep his Attack. I'll be sure to ask the team about this though.
    SaYnT wrote: »
    My animation on my iPad is showing only 2 shots. Watching the ground, there definitely is only 2 shots. At least it was yesterday, today though watching closely it's back to 3

I was using an iPad as well and also noticed just 2 shots (2 little circle things on the ground). I haven't checked today though.
  • AnakinPrimeAnakinPrime Posts: 229
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    I use Soundwave more than any other bot and I've noticed opponents sidestepping a little more but honestly it hasn't affected my progress too much. If he was nerfed it wasn't too bad.

Exactly my thoughts. He is still one of the best bots in the game. But I do notice something going on.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    It's definitely 3 shots (I used to think 4) and the AI definitely got better at dodging his heavy, I think with the release of 5.0. No big deal though
  • I also use Soundwave more than any other Bot, but haven't really noticed a change. Bots in Higher Difficulty AM and Expert Difficulty have always been more likely to sidestep his Attack. I'll be sure to ask the team about this though.

Actually no his attacks are now dumb AI dodge easily
  • massimo51massimo51 Posts: 88
    yep. AI is avoiding more often.
    Yeah, recorded a battle and scrubbing it in slow-mo I do see three shots. Sometimes it looked like one was right on top of the other so that could be why we thought two shots.

However, regardless of the number of shots in the heavy, the computer is dodging it a lot more. I would see it maybe once every other week. Now I’m seeing it everyday. And Soundwave is my main guy so I use him a lot.