Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Time to Update Some Synergies

kranderskranders Posts: 479
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
So I think a lot of synergies on new bots are great and some are creative adding to playstyles like Kickback/Ramjet/MM. I think it would really be time to evaluate some old bot synergies. Some prime examples being Sideswipe, Grimlock, Galvatron etc. perhaps adding some could help elevate some older bots.

Tagged:

Comments

• I agree, Kabam are obviously placing some emphasis on specific generations in spotlights, so it’s time they revamped synergies. Take og prime for example, removing the synergies with ironhide and replacing with a luitenants synergy similar to Megatron would work well. We know jazz and blaster are coming, prowl is already there, ultra Magnus, ratchet as well. There’s plenty scope to add unique synergies for the leader of autobots. Grimlock and shockwave deserve a synergy, as in many continuities hey do have a rivalry. Galvatron is also worthy of a leadership synergy in some way, although maybe not to the same extent as Megatron. Without pushing too much, the likes of hot rod having synergy with mirage and prowl could be looked at further down the line too. Having a team build around specific generations should give more rewarding synergies, although I get that for now some factions in specific generations don’t have all classes (g1 demo autobot would help, or a tech MV Decepticon). Hopefully the devs pick up on this, as revamping the entire setup would work wonders in comparison to adding 1 new set of synergies per new bot.
  • willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    Galvatron really needs a synergy with a brawler, warrior and/or scout. The Galvatron/Starscream/Shockwave synergy is pretty awesome. Hopefully we'll get a couple new bots later this year with good synergies with this possible team.

I would say this would be a prime time to add a brawler to this team. Next month is obviously going to be Blaster, a tech, and this completes the class wheel (Galvatron being the first monthly feature)

But, we're short a brawler. We have 6 of every class, only 5 brawlers, and if we don't add a brawler now, we'll have 7 demos in May.

• Thanks for the feedback and suggestions on this! :) We'll pass it along to the rest of the team.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    I think someone brought this up before....regarding G1 Megatron and Soundwave. How is Soundwave not considered a Lieutenant of Megatron's? If there was any bot who was faithful to and always working by Megatron's side it was Soundwave.

I know Soundwave gets an attack boost from Megatron but that is only against Autobots, while Starscream and Shockwave get "always on" buffs as Lieutenants. How can Shockwave be a Lieutenant with Megatron and also have synergy with Galvatron while Soundwave gets shorted with an "against Autobots only" buff. Surely Soundwave deserves something more than what he gets now??
  • NightgauntNightgaunt Posts: 178
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    I think someone brought this up before....regarding G1 Megatron and Soundwave. How is Soundwave not considered a Lieutenant of Megatron's? If there was any bot who was faithful to and always working by Megatron's side it was Soundwave.

I know Soundwave gets an attack boost from Megatron but that is only against Autobots, while Starscream and Shockwave get "always on" buffs as Lieutenants. How can Shockwave be a Lieutenant with Megatron and also have synergy with Galvatron while Soundwave gets shorted with an "against Autobots only" buff. Surely Soundwave deserves something more than what he gets now??

Yeah, Soundwave's synergy is pretty thin considering he's pretty much universally acknowledged to be Megatron's most loyal follower.

That being said, at least there's some level of thought in his synergy - there's others that could use more work first. For example, Prowl's incoming synergies are absolutely awful. Considering he's the Autobot military strategist, he should at the very least have a synergy with Optimus, preferably a true tactician style one where it provides benefits to other bots as well. Instead, he gets synergies with Barricade (like that's ever really going to be useful); and Ultra Magnus and Arcee, both of whom he didn't even share a single minute of screen time with during the whole G1 series, because he'd already had his guts blown out by Megatron before they'd even had their first appearance. His incoming synergies are utterly brainless.
  • Soundwave needs looked at, and not just his synergies. His sp3 could do with a change I think, maybe include power drain along with the shock damage to make it more desirable to use than his sp2. It’s good to hear it’ll be passed on, as the game has changed so much in the past few months (I started in August so I can’t comment on what it was like before). I get that when the game started, of course the need to rush synergies out with the more limited number of starting bots made sense, but aside from beast wars factions, there’s more than enough g1 and movie verse bots to change things around a bit. More unique synergies for the more prominent bots in the game makes sense, as the only ones giving or receiving multiple unique synergies are both megatrons, making it more balanced would seem good.
    Nightgaunt wrote: »

Yeah, Soundwave's synergy is pretty thin considering he's pretty much universally acknowledged to be Megatron's most loyal follower.

That being said, at least there's some level of thought in his synergy - there's others that could use more work first. For example, Prowl's incoming synergies are absolutely awful. Considering he's the Autobot military strategist, he should at the very least have a synergy with Optimus, preferably a true tactician style one where it provides benefits to other bots as well. Instead, he gets synergies with Barricade (like that's ever really going to be useful); and Ultra Magnus and Arcee, both of whom he didn't even share a single minute of screen time with during the whole G1 series, because he'd already had his guts blown out by Megatron before they'd even had their first appearance. His incoming synergies are utterly brainless.

Yeah I mean even G1 Optimus gives synergies against all bots, not just Decepticons.

Lol, I too found it odd that Prowl would have synergy with Ultra Magnus (and not Optimus Prime). Barricade I can understand though.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Can you immediately update Blaster's synergies to not be terrible. Wow the trend of decent synergies came to a screeching halt.
  • NightgauntNightgaunt Posts: 178
    kranders wrote: »
    Can you immediately update Blaster's synergies to not be terrible. Wow the trend of decent synergies came to a screeching halt.

Big +1 on that, I was reading the bot intel report and thinking he might be a contender for my main team, but the synergies are really weak...
  • Trailbreaker77Trailbreaker77 Posts: 260
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for the feedback and suggestions on this! :) We'll pass it along to the rest of the team.

Be careful switching synergies, some players have put a lot of time to upgrade a set of team bots due to their synergies. Hate to see the rage here when a bot is removed for another, just my 2 cents.
  • Thanks for the feedback and suggestions on this! :) We'll pass it along to the rest of the team.

Be careful switching synergies, some players have put a lot of time to upgrade a set of team bots due to their synergies. Hate to see the rage here when a bot is removed for another, just my 2 cents.

Definitely! Always gotta be careful if we hit these avenues. :)
  • SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    edited April 2018

You can't expect every new bot that you may want/like to have synergies with the bot's you've already invested in. Although Blaster's synergies aren't quite what you were expecting, they do make some sense. You had to have known he was going to have synergies with Soundwave. IDW comics has Blaster on the lost light with Rodimus & UM, so having a synergy with UM is understandable.
    SaYnT wrote: »

You can't expect every new bot that you may want/like to have synergies with the bot's you've already invested in. Although Blaster's synergies aren't quite what you were expecting, they do make some sense. You had to have known he was going to have synergies with Soundwave. IDW comics has Blaster on the lost light with Rodimus & UM, so having a synergy with UM is understandable.

It has nothing to do with the bots he has synergies with but rather the effects themselves. The +8% is as old and bland as possible. I'm actually fine with UM and Arcee because I use both. My point is that they should be more interesting which was the trend as of late.

If you read my original post this has to do with adding something unique that adds to gameplay not just the boilerplate add armor buff. See Megatron/Starscream/Kickback/Shockwave all add something unique, to name a few.
    Seems to me like Shockwave gets an awful lot of special attention with synergies. Megatron Lieutenant, special synergy with tech bots and one of the few to have a synergy with Galvatron.
  • SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87

It has nothing to do with the bots he has synergies with but rather the effects themselves. The +8% is as old and bland as possible. I'm actually fine with UM and Arcee because I use both. My point is that they should be more interesting which was the trend as of late.

If you read my original post this has to do with adding something unique that adds to gameplay not just the boilerplate add armor buff. See Megatron/Starscream/Kickback/Shockwave all add something unique, to name a few.

Every bot has the Enemies & Allies Synergies, that's just a given. It would seem odd not to have them on a bot since everyone has it. If you want them replaced with something else, then perhaps suggesting alternatives.

Every bot has the Enemies & Allies Synergies, that's just a given. It would seem odd not to have them on a bot since everyone has it. If you want them replaced with something else, then perhaps suggesting alternatives.

I'm not going to jump down your throat but I've been playing since day one. I'm pretty familiar with all of the mechanics, synergies included. I don't need to make suggestions to Kabam since they could literally come up with anything but the standard 8% synergies. I've also referenced synergies that can be used for ideas.

To their credit the last several bots have had decent synergies and this is the first mediocre one in a while. But what YOU should do is factor all of those things into account before trying to explain the basics back to someone.
  • SupraliminalSupraliminal Posts: 143
    edited April 2018
    Seems to me like Shockwave gets an awful lot of special attention with synergies. Megatron Lieutenant, special synergy with tech bots and one of the few to have a synergy with Galvatron.

Well don't forget, he was originally really unusable except for his synergies. Seems like he was so bad he was only originally intended to be used for synergies and blocking a heal, only the strat was bad because blocking a heal isn't terribly useful when almost nobody has a heal to block. Anyway point is it's only NOW that it seems like he had too much synergy love, cause he's also great on his own.
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    Pretty much any synergy that's just "+X% to armor/attack" need to be updated. At +8% or so, that's a basic enough synergy, but still almost unnoticed in play. Many new synergies are creative and while not "always on", when they are active, they're potent!

A lot of complaints here about Soundwave, but if I remember right, any other Decepticons with Soundwave (and Megatron) get that synergy bonus too! It works like the synergy when Ramjet is paired up with Starscream--any other Decepticons with Ramjet (and Starscream), get that bonus also! And that is a pretty potent bonus! As for Soundwave, not being a lieutenant, that's actually spot on. Soundwave was always depicted as loyal, but a lieutenant isn't so much a loyal follower so much as a second-in-command. Starscream is Megatron's second in command when it comes to the military, especially Seekers, while Shockwave is second in command within areas of science/special projects. Soundwave is, aside from the communications officer, more of a special/personal assistant rather than an actual leader and as the communicator, it makes sense that he'd be able to "spread" that synergy to any other Decepticons.