Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Emulators

So, I have been told by other people who play that's you're not allowed to use an emulator such as BlueStacks to run the game, and that some people have been banned for using them. I just want to know if this is true or not.

After reading the terms of service:

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/terms-of-service.html

I have found no mention of emulators.

It has been suggested by someone that this:

(...) You agree not to: (...)

- Use, develop, or distribute any robot (or "bot"), spider, unauthorized script, unauthorized scraper or offline reader, or any other cheat, exploit, mod, bot, hack or the like, or any unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with or provide automated access to or use of the Websites or Services, or any portion thereof, or any Services available on or through any Third Party Platform;

means that you can't use an emulator, as it is a third party device.

But let me suggest that you see it this way:

Kabam, being the first party, and the user being the second party in said arrangement, means that any device, made by Google, Apple, LG, or other manufacturer, is in fact, a third party device, running third party software (Android or iOS)

Unless, of course, the first party is Kabam, and the 2nd party is Google/Apple's operating systems, and then BlueStacks is fine because it is a device that runs the android operating system, just as any phone or tablet does. It does not alter Android, or make it run any differently. It is a device (albeit software) which Android sits on top of.

Can you please clarify this?

@Kabam Miike

I really hope that at some point, Google makes it mandatory that any App developer cannot discriminate against any specific device, and that all apps distributed on the google play store must be allowed to run on all devices that run the Android operating system, incuding Andy and BlueStacks.

I understand that some/most of the cheaters are using emulators (as it does make it a bit easier) and it is understandable that you want to prevent cheating but banning users for using an emulator without any cheating involved seems a little like banning people of a certain race from your establishment because others of that race have committed crimes. It sucks for those people who want to run the game on their PC, on a larger screen, and have to be scared that they are going to get banned.

What's next? Do we have to be worried we are going to get banned for using another device gratuitously decided upon? Shield TV, or some of the Android PCs they are coming out with now? Can we get a clear answer of what is allowed and what isn't? Rather than just all of a sudden, we're banned from the game, and all of our hard work and money is down the toilet?
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi there, Majikku. Those that have clarified this for you are correct. Emulators are considered a Third Party Software/Third Party Platform and are therefore a violation of our Terms of Service.

The game is available for specific mobile devices, and the use of an emulator on a PC completely bypasses the mobile device check. The game has been developed specifically for mobile devices, not PC, and using the game on PC could give players an unfair advantage. As well, some emulators could provide the ability to leverage automated scripts, hacks, or cheats. Regardless if you are using scripts, hacks, or cheats, the use of a third party software that can allow it is forbidden.

As our Terms of Service are not a debatable topic, this discussion will be closed. Should you have additional questions or need further clarification regarding the Terms of Service, you may review them here or contact our Support Team for one on one assistance.
This discussion has been closed.