Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

NEW Bot of May

Comments

• NightgauntNightgaunt Posts: 178
    edited May 2018
    I think that's enough for "fun" character like blaster or kickback. Time to bring some serious guy, like Scorponok, Astrotrain, Thunderwing (he was really good character I think), Warpath or Ratbat

Or classic renegades like Cliffjumper, Blurr or Kup :3

Warpath, serious? The guy that spent the whole G1 series just yelling "WHAM! BLAM! KAPOW!" while he shot at things?

That being said, there's no G1 autobot demo yet, and he'd be a good fit...
  • MVSteveMVSteve Posts: 77
    My bet is on wheeljack. I saw one of those videos that someone is showing a bunch of game files to do with bots including hound, kickback, and blaster before they were released, but what stood out with those three and wheeljack is the files were of all their moves and specials. There were files on half a dozen others but not with their moves, scorponok, cheetor, and megatronus for a few. Its been a while so things could have changed.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I think it's gonna be Chester Cheetor
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I'm hoping for G1 ironhide or maybe jetfire he could shoot missiles or somethin also movie starscream would be nice and crosshairs is definitely an option and lockdown could be next though I didnt like him in the movie he'd actually be a pretty cool character in the game
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    3 days left for spotlight mission and still no words.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    I'm hoping for G1 ironhide or maybe jetfire he could shoot missiles or somethin also movie starscream would be nice and crosshairs is definitely an option and lockdown could be next though I didnt like him in the movie he'd actually be a pretty cool character in the game

Won't be G1 Ironhide, they won't put the same bot in the same class....see: the Primes, Megatrons, Bumblebees. My thinking is Rodimus Prime or some other G1 autobot....if they release a Demolition. Maybe a Maximal but I'd be surprised to see any "con", there's enough in that class already.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I see most of you guys want to have JAZZ as the next bot...

But if the theory with the Skill wheel is correct, then the next Bot will be a demolition Bot. So I don‘t think that JAZZ will be a demolition Bot.

I would like to see JAZZ as a Tactican.

They may reverse the skillwheel right now, and go backwards towards scout
  • Leader1Leader1 Posts: 36
    It’s less than aweek to go. Shouldn’t kabaam mike be making a hint by now? :wink:
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Leader1 wrote: »
    It’s less than aweek to go. Shouldn’t kabaam mike be making a hint by now? :wink:

There are way too many Jazz requests. Kabam Miike has left us for our sins
  • Manthro wrote: »
    I see most of you guys want to have JAZZ as the next bot...

But if the theory with the Skill wheel is correct, then the next Bot will be a demolition Bot. So I don‘t think that JAZZ will be a demolition Bot.

I would like to see JAZZ as a Tactican.

They may reverse the skillwheel right now, and go backwards towards scout

no scout we need a groovy scout
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

Won't be G1 Ironhide, they won't put the same bot in the same class....see: the Primes, Megatrons, Bumblebees. My thinking is Rodimus Prime or some other G1 autobot....if they release a Demolition. Maybe a Maximal but I'd be surprised to see any "con", there's enough in that class already.

I'm thinking its gonna be lockdown...and there is Movie mega and g1 gals that are the same class and character

I'm thinking its gonna be lockdown...and there is Movie mega and g1 gals that are the same class and character

Galv*
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Leader1 wrote: »

Thinking the same. Thought I'd see some sort of announcement or hint today.
  • PyrusPrimePyrusPrime Posts: 177
    edited May 2018
    I would bet scorponok as he is likely to be a demo and to give us another beast wars bot as they just added a new autobot
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    edited May 2018
    etix5yqb5ufb.jpg

dikp7c45duf6.jpg

I could be wrong, but I found these special attacks about a week ago in the JSON files.

Just can't picture him as a demo though, so maybe they will reverse the class wheel and start going backwards.

Movie Megatron and Galvatron are not the same character, give me a break! Galvatron is not even the same character as G1 Megatron, the very bot who became Galvatron.

Unreal some of the some stuff I see posted in this forum. It's like people can't stand when they're proven wrong.
    Synthwave wrote: »
    etix5yqb5ufb.jpg

dikp7c45duf6.jpg

I could be wrong, but I found these special attacks about a week ago in the JSON files.

Just can't picture him as a demo though, so maybe they will reverse the class wheel and start going backwards.

If they make him a scout or warrior I could see it, but demo...that would mean two Beast Wars characters as demos with no Beast Wars scout or warrior and no allies for Waspinator.
  • Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    Synthwave wrote: »
    etix5yqb5ufb.jpg

dikp7c45duf6.jpg

I am super stoked for Cheetus!
    I am super stoked for Cheetus!

Freudian slip?
  • PrimeHackerPrimeHacker Posts: 134
    edited May 2018
    Hey, just saying that now, there is a bigger chance that BW Cheetor will be the next bot. Like many people say they searched the game files. And it looks like the next bot WILL be BW Cheetor.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    I keep on reading the title like this is a confirmed thread for the new bot. :D
  • HumpyhampsterHumpyhampster Posts: 262
    If it’s Cheetor, I hope they jump the wheel and make him warrior class

Indeed, can't see him as a Demolition and the Beast Wars family needs a Warrior and Scout. And Cheetor could definitely inflict some bleeds with his claws.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    I hope they are going backwards on the class wheel, or he’s not the next bot. Cheetor is a scout. He’s not a demo, or a warrior, or whatever else. Nothing else makes sense for that character other than a scout.

I wish they’d stay a little more faithful to the characterizations. They’ve already had two major BW misfires with Dinobot and Primal’s classes.

It seems they are basing class on what it looks like/what they think is cool rather than what actually makes sense. I see the same thing in the character suggestion thread all the time, too.
    edited May 2018

Indeed, can't see him as a Demolition and the Beast Wars family needs a Warrior and Scout. And Cheetor could definitely inflict some bleeds with his claws.

Dinobot should’ve been the warrior... I mean, it’s only a huge part of his character. No big deal I guess, right Kabam...?

Cheetor was the team scout, and the furthest thing from a demolitions expert.

The closest thing the Maximals have to a demo would be Rattrap. MAYBE Depth Charge if you really wanted to reach.
  • iuJacob wrote: »
    It seems they are basing class on what it looks like/what they think is cool rather than what actually makes sense. I see the same thing in the character suggestion thread all the time, too.

Just to shed a little light here, the Character Classes are determined in conjunction with our friends over at Hasbro.
    iuJacob wrote: »

Just to shed a little light here, the Character Classes are determined in conjunction with our friends over at Hasbro.

Come on Mike. I know you’re a Beast Wars fan yourself. You’re telling me those classes make sense to you?

“Pre-defending” class choices. That means Cheetor is coming out as a demo bot next round....
    edited May 2018
    Dinobots entire character revolves around him being an honourable warrior. He describes himself as such a multitude of times, and it’s one of the few things he lives for. Hell, one of his lines minutes before his death:

Quickstrike (to a weakened Dinobot): ‘What’s a warrior without weapons?’
    Dinobot: ‘A warrior still....’

Regarding Primal, the whole point of his character was that he was more of a pacifist that got thrown into the position of leader in a war he hated and never wanted to be a part of. He was an explorer. Sure, he could hold his own in battle, but he was never a ‘brawler’ type. That was the whole point behind the cyberbee episode... that virus made him into that ruthless ‘brawler’ that was the antithesis of who he actually was, and why the Maximals (even Dinobot) were so desperate to remedy it.

So, if Hasbro is telling you what classes to use, then it sounds like maybe they aren’t entirely familiar with their own source material, or more likely, they don’t care.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752

Dinobot should’ve been the warrior... I mean, it’s only a huge part of his character. No big deal I guess, right Kabam...?

Cheetor was the team scout, and the furthest thing from a demolitions expert.

The closest thing the Maximals have to a demo would be Rattrap. MAYBE Depth Charge if you really wanted to reach.

I agree Cheetor should be scout class, however there is one other class which would also make sense for him, and that's tactician. Reason being, he was selected as 2nd in command by Primal at some point in the series.

As for demolition... No, he does not make sense as a demo bot, not even in feral transmetal form.

Rattrap or Rhinox could pass as either tech or demo, when you consider their roles on the show, for sure.

Dinobot should have 100% been a warrior... I mean, he referred to himself as a warrior in ONLY 98% of the sentences that came out of his mouth.. LoL.

Even in his heroic death scene saving the valley, he had a stand up self declaration of being a warrior about to make a noble sacrifice.