Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bot Intel Report - Cheetor

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    I have to say I'm disappointed. It's now been how many months since you had a demolition bot?

Just dust off that Mixmaster and rank 5 him... It'll feel like brand new.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Looks like his hands form the head in alt-mode. Where do his front legs come from? I didn’t watch this show so I don’t know.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Manthro wrote: »
    I have to say I'm disappointed. It's now been how many months since you had a demolition bot?

Just dust off that Mixmaster and rank 5 him... It'll feel like brand new.

I'll probably be using him for Forge fodder for my other 4-star and 5-star Scouts.
    And if I had a 4-star Mixmaster I would bring him all the way up because I like to party.
  • GojuanesGojuanes Posts: 46
    I am confused on how Cheetor can actually counter Primal's healing on bleeds .... In the description below it states that repair block is only while bleeding is active.

100% Chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 70~90% of attack over 8 seconds.
    100% chance to inflict Repair Block. The opponent stays Repair Blocked from this attack for as long as they are Bleeding.

STRONG MATCH-UPS:
    Optimus Primal – Cheetor’s signature ability will allow him to punch through Primal’s Crit Armor, and if the ape thinks he’s going to heal from Bleeds, Cheetor’s Repair Block put a stop to that idea.

However if you look at Primal signature, he repairs after the bleeds expire.

SIGNATURE ABILITY – ISN’T THAT JUST PRIME
    Damaging Debuffs expire 8% faster for each Armor Buff on Optimus Primal. Optimus Primal gains 1~5% of his max Health each time a Bleed on him expires.

So this means that repair block will expire before Primal's healing kicks in? Then how are you guys saying that Cheetor can stop it?

Please clarify. Thanks
    And do these also pertain to MV1s willpower abilities?....or any willpower masteries?
  • Gojuanes wrote: »
    I am confused on how Cheetor can actually counter Primal's healing on bleeds .... In the description below it states that repair block is only while bleeding is active.

100% Chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 70~90% of attack over 8 seconds.
    100% chance to inflict Repair Block. The opponent stays Repair Blocked from this attack for as long as they are Bleeding.

STRONG MATCH-UPS:
    Optimus Primal – Cheetor’s signature ability will allow him to punch through Primal’s Crit Armor, and if the ape thinks he’s going to heal from Bleeds, Cheetor’s Repair Block put a stop to that idea.

However if you look at Primal signature, he repairs after the bleeds expire.

SIGNATURE ABILITY – ISN’T THAT JUST PRIME
    Damaging Debuffs expire 8% faster for each Armor Buff on Optimus Primal. Optimus Primal gains 1~5% of his max Health each time a Bleed on him expires.

So this means that repair block will expire before Primal's healing kicks in? Then how are you guys saying that Cheetor can stop it?

Please clarify. Thanks

Cheetor won't totally negate his Primal's repair, but will mitigate it quite a bit if he has multiple Bleeds on Primal at once. As they start to expire he'll still be Repair Blocked, so Primal will only repair from the Bleeds that expire after the Repair Block has worn off.
    Willpower??
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Willpower??

Completely suppressed, I think.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Does he have to land the last hit to gain power? (Not blocked or whiff)
    edited May 2018
    Y2K wrote: »
    Willpower??

Completely suppressed, I think.

So we're getting a Beast Wars scout that can basically nullify a Prime?

I'm kind of feeling the abilities of these new Bots are getting a little bit out of hand. This guy seems like a hardcore warrior with over-the-top Scout abilities with a built-in harm accelerator.

Look at the abilities coming out in the new bots versus the abilities on the core group of Autobots and Decepticons. While I can really appreciate the enormous amount of thought put into these new releases, at some point they have to be considered a tad overpowered.
  • Super pumped to see the first Transmetal bot in the game!
    edited May 2018

That would be interesting...
    Darm0k wrote: »

Who is the other Beast Wars scout?

There's not one...that's why I said "a Beast Wars scout" and not "another Beast Wars scout"
    Darm0k wrote: »

Who is the other Beast Wars scout?

There's not one...that's why I said "a Beast Wars scout" and not "another Beast Wars scout"

Yeah, misread it. Edited my post to what I was going to say afemter.
    @Kabam Miike can you comment on willpower masteries and MV1s willpower abilities?
    We're taking from this that it will be negated? Is this right?....a scout that can nullify a Prime? If so, isn't this a little overkill?
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    @Kabam Miike can you comment on willpower masteries and MV1s willpower abilities?
    We're taking from this that it will be negated? Is this right?....a scout that can nullify a Prime? If so, isn't this a little overkill?

Just so we’re clear, Optimus Primal isn’t a Prime.
    Bumblebee wrote: »

No, MV1 Prime is a Prime, that's what my question was about... willpower.
    Bumblebee wrote: »

No, MV1 Prime is a Prime, that's what my question was about... willpower.

Oh, my bad. That’s my fault. Although, I have seen a few people get that confused.
    TBH I have no interest in Beast Wars. They were after my time so I don't know much about them, although it does seem someone making the bots at Kabam have a particular fondness towards them because the abilities handed out to them are far beyond that of any other characters in the game.
    TBH I have no interest in Beast Wars. They were after my time so I don't know much about them, although it does seem someone making the bots at Kabam have a particular fondness towards them because the abilities handed out to them are far beyond that of any other characters in the game.

Beast Wars is set in the distant future of Generation 1. Maximals (descendants of the Autobots) and Predacons (descendants of the Decepticons) are said to be more powerful than their predecessors (which I refuse to believe should they still be in their beast forms).

Personally, I always kind of wished that Maximals and Predacons became the ancestors of Autobots and Decepticons, but that’s just me.

Transformers in their Beast Modes were just about the size Optimus Prime’s head (width-wise). Their smaller stature allowed for less energy consumption.

So one bot in the entire roster can negate willpower. I think players will get over it.

So one bot in the entire roster can negate willpower. I think players will get over it.

Not really....stick him on a harm accellerator and you get nothing to counter it. Why would you give a scout nothing the ability to nullify a Prime?
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Meh...nothing new and unique about him

Not really....stick him on a harm accellerator and you get nothing to counter it. Why would you give a scout nothing the ability to nullify a Prime?

Take Primal and a beast synergy squad. Problem solved.
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    Primal was a direct descendent of optimus prime, so in a way he was considered a prime and as far as the storyline goes, kabam considered him a prime! Hence the reason he was able to absorb primes essence and the matrix while they repaired primes head in the show after megatron attempted to kill og when he was in stasis....
  • Username619272981Username619272981 Posts: 138
    edited May 2018

The population that watched beast wars growing up is around 25-35 years old today, a sizeable moblie app spenders, why not capitalize on that.

Im sold on Dinobot, even he is garbage in game.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Wolfmills wrote: »
    Primal was a direct descendent of optimus prime, so in a way he was considered a prime and as far as the storyline goes, kabam considered him a prime! Hence the reason he was able to absorb primes essence and the matrix while they repaired primes head in the show after megatron attempted to kill og when he was in stasis....

Sorry, but I see this come up sometimes and it is incorrect.

Primal is not a ‘direct descendant’ of Prime. They share the same first name, but not much beyond that. It has nothing to do with why he was able to house Prime’s spark. That was due to his sheer will and determination alone.

The ‘ancestor’ came from a line from BM that people take far too literally, when he’s just referring to the overarching idea that the Autobots are the ancestors to the Maximals.

The writer of the show (Bob Skir) said himself:
    ‘Primal meant "descedant" in the way we are descended as a race from earlier proto-humans, not individuals.’

How will this work in conjunction with the HA? Will the repair block know which bleed is from the S1 and which is from the HA? Connecting with a special seems to stack the bleed with the bleed from the HA. Will, say MV1 be repair blocked for the remainder of the battle?
    iuJacob wrote: »

Primal is not a ‘direct descendant’ of Prime. They share the same first name, but not much beyond that. It has nothing to do with why he was able to house Prime’s spark. That was due to his sheer will and determination alone.

The ‘ancestor’ came from a line from BM that people take far too literally, when he’s just referring to the overarching idea that the Autobots are the ancestors to the Maximals.

‘Primal meant "descedant" in the way we are descended as a race from earlier proto-humans, not individuals.’

I'm not so sure about that. There's an actual line from Primal in BM when he reaches Iacon where he says "that's a holographic project of MY ancestor... The original Optimus Prime."

While Primal may not have been actually chosen as a Prime and bestowed the matrix of leadership, he does refer to Optimus Prime as being his direct ancestor.

• iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    iuJacob wrote: »

I'm not so sure about that. There's an actual line from Primal in BM when he reaches Iacon where he says "that's a holographic project of MY ancestor... The original Optimus Prime."

While Primal may not have been actually chosen as a Prime and bestowed the matrix of leadership, he does refer to Optimus Prime as being his direct ancestor.

That’s the exact line I was referring to, and the one Bob Skir said was not supposed to be taken literally... I explained that in my post.