Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

5*s in the store!?!?!?!?

Hello everyone! I saw this and thought "What!? 5*s are gonna be in the store? They are probably gonna be like 1million chips" and while this is a shock I also have a question for kabam

Are 5*s gonna be in the store for every new bot?
Tagged:

Comments

• Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    yrl2kkq60zkj.jpg
    Here is proof
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Probably a visual bug
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 783
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Probably a visual bug

Kabam wouldn’t put it there if it wasn’t true. I assume they are lowering the 4* cost and putting the 5* at 200k chips
  • PyrusPrimePyrusPrime Posts: 177
    yrl2kkq60zkj.jpg
    Here is proof

I don't think it's a typo like some are suggesting as there are extra lines added I would assume the previous ones were a standard scripts where a specific $ = featured bot then the name would be inserted so again as there are additional lines added I think it's more probable (sp) they are adding it to 5* as to the amount of chips I think they may keep 3 and 4 * the same and make 5* 300k to 400k to get the spenders to spend more.
    But just my opinion
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    Whatever the 5 star is with chip wise it should be feasible to get with grinding hard. 500k is too steep imo, but time will tell.
  • Y'all found out a little too early, but there's no harm in that. We'll have information for you guys soon. That said, be prepared... This is not going to be an easy accomplishment.
    hoolienwee wrote: »

Ahh my bad...didn't see it
    Y'all found out a little too early, but there's no harm in that. We'll have information for you guys soon. That said, be prepared... This is not going to be an easy accomplishment.

Of course we found out too early! Remember we are always watching..
  • GojuanesGojuanes Posts: 46
    @Kabam Miike

With the intro of 5* Tantrum obtainable via chips, would the monthly objectives be updated with any 5* related achievement and rewards?
    Gojuanes wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike

With the intro of 5* Tantrum obtainable via chips, would the monthly objectives be updated with any 5* related achievement and rewards?

I would assume so
  • lilbeastielilbeastie Posts: 89
    Gojuanes wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike

I'd assume that completing the rewards will be a large part of getting enough chips to buy the 5* by the end of the month if you're lucky - and a good way to get us to still spend resources on upgrading 4* and 3* versions of the bot rather than just saving for the 5*. I doubt they'll be changed (though I may be wrong - it has happened once before I think, so my wife keeps telling me...)
  • Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    Y'all found out a little too early, but there's no harm in that. We'll have information for you guys soon. That said, be prepared... This is not going to be an easy accomplishment.

Ok let's take bets on how many chips its going to cost to buy a 5* Tantrum!
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    250k chips
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Because Alot of you dupe the 4* that's 240k already lol
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited July 2018
    I would be shocked if it went for less than 500k chips....in fact, my guess is its going to be closer to 700k.

While getting a 4* is fairly easy to do without spending money, I dont think that will be the same for 5*s. If you want to buy a 5* with chips, youre going to have to spend a good chunk of energon on Raid refreshes since that is the only place you can earn an unspecified and nearly infinite amount of the monthly bot chips. Probably will need to spend a good chunk of gold buying Away Missions that reward Chips also.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I'm guessing it'll follow the same multiplier as crystal shards, so 500k for the first one.
    That's what I was thinking, ~2x the cost of a duped 4*.
    Man how am I going to get 500k shards without buying? Like I'm going to need a bunch of R5s and raid my life away.
  • Docholiday321Docholiday321 Posts: 102
    edited July 2018
    Well actually we are finding out late since we shoulda already known by today. But tantrum is delayed a week so why dont ya just throw us a bone and tell us at this point. Knowing now or next week ain't gonna change anything.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2018
    Man how am I going to get 500k shards without buying? Like I'm going to need a bunch of R5s and raid my life away.

Thats interesting... Why should earning a 5* feature be easy? Please explain. It might be a game but it's also a business. There's nothing wrong with making it so you either have to hoard crystals for a couple months or spend money to get there.

Imo, I don't think making it feasible to get a 5* bot relatively easy every single month is a good move for the longevity of the game.

This makes it so you have to pick and choose what you really want, and that's smart business.

This opinion also comes from a f2p player, btw. I just been around a long time.
    I am going to wait till they release how many chips the 5 star is before I comment anymore....so hard though.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    Just remember, that while a 5* sounds nice, you are (probably) going to have to give up getting the 4* version (and duping it as well).

You should also determine how far you can take that 5* to, compared to how far you could take a 4*. Most people cant even rank up 5*s past R1, and after that the mats become even more substantial and hard to come by. Whereas you could rank a 4* up to r5 fairly easily now assuming you are a regular player who is in an Alliance completing AMs on a weekly basis.
    Manthro wrote: »

Thats interesting... Why should earning a 5* feature be easy? Please explain. It might be a game but it's also a business. There's nothing wrong with making it so you either have to hoard crystals for a couple months or spend money to get there.

Imo, I don't think making it feasible to get a 5* bot relatively easy every single month is a good move for the longevity of the game.

This makes it so you have to pick and choose what you really want, and that's smart business.

This opinion also comes from a f2p player, btw. I just been around a long time.

Calm your tots Manny. I did not imply that it was going to be easy. I asked how will I get it without buying. Don't you have some alliance mates to talk down to?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Stitch626 wrote: »
    Just remember, that while a 5* sounds nice, you are (probably) going to have to give up getting the 4* version (and duping it as well).

And don't forget those sweet monthly obj's!
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    I believe @Stitch626 got it right, I think Kabam will give the f2p who can get 250-300k chips a hard choice between getting a duped 4* or a 5* which is not cool because in this way the spenders can take them both every month by grinding for one & paying $200 for the other one which will make the biggest imbalance in the game history between the spenders & the f2p.
    I wish they make it stupidly expensive (500k-1m)
    so the f2p forget it & the spenders think twice before opening their wallets.
    If they make it impossible for f2p to get both 4* & 5* but easy for the spenders ($100-$200)
    that’s will have a huge impact on every aspect in the game not just the am but the spotlight & the arena too.
    This game has been always fair for f2p grinders & I hope it stays as it is.
    Mufc14 wrote: »
    I believe @Stitch626 got it right, I think Kabam will give the f2p who can get 250-300k chips a hard choice between getting a duped 4* or a 5* which is not cool because in this way the spenders can take them both every month by grinding for one & paying $200 for the other one which will make the biggest imbalance in the game history between the spenders & the f2p.
    I wish they make it stupidly expensive (500k-1m)
    so the f2p forget it & the spenders think twice before opening their wallets.
    If they make it impossible for f2p to get both 4* & 5* but easy for the spenders ($100-$200)
    that’s will have a huge impact on every aspect in the game not just the am but the spotlight & the arena too.
    This game has been always fair for f2p grinders & I hope it stays as it is.

I don't disagree but I don't think losing out on a 5* vs a duped 4* is a bad choice. 5*s aren't super useful in the game yet.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    @Booster_Blue we were in this situation when we have to choose between using 1 alpha spark to rank a 3* or waiting to get another spark to rank a 4*.
    Duped 4* is the right choice now but in few months you will find they become a forging materials for 5* you don’t have.
    It’s the present vs the future, releasing the 5* was too soon for the game but make them available for buyers will just end it for the f2p.
    Imagine 6 month from now you have 6 duped 4* & your teammate have 6 ranked 3 5*, that’s would mean you should step down for a smaller alliance.
    We see f2p playing for top 1 alliance but in 6 months I can’t imagine they can.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited July 2018
    Let's face it: if a game company decides f2p players should leave, then leave. But I don't feel ashamed being f2p because since there aren't many p2p aspects in this game where spenders can humiliate me: my base is always crushed within minutes (not because you spend but because the base's too weak for all) and if I failed in a raid, it's not because you've built a 30k+ base but because I was autofighting lol.
    If it takes you 6 months to get 6 duped 4 stars...you're doing it wrong whether you're f2p or p2p.