Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Parry?

I've been playing this game for awhile. I know in MCOC they have a mastery called parry. But I don't know the name for it in Transformers Forged to Fight
Tagged:

Comments

• Oroku_SakiOroku_Saki Posts: 85
    There isn't one thankfully. I prefer the different play style of this game over parry - combo - parry - combo - parry - maybe special...
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    Please refer to this thread:

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/5198/parry-move/p1

Being somebody who thought it was a bright idea, some other players shed some light on why it wouldn’t be great for the game. If you’re interested, you can review the comment section of said thread.
  • NgtngtNgtngt Posts: 1
    Its Kabam, parry will come, however.
    You can find serious indications in the
    „Mastery-section“!!
    .....‘ve been searching for it although ,)
    there‘s no need to parry if you can intercept,
    parrying is just another way making the gameplay more „various“ ....like this it‘s useful for us and them!
    its right that parrying is an essential mastery in MCOC
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Parry just strikes me as something more suited to making a 2D game like MCOC more interesting. With TFTF you have sidesteps so it offers a little more versatility in the counterattacking department.
  • Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    Oroku_Saki wrote: »
    There isn't one thankfully. I prefer the different play style of this game over parry - combo - parry - combo - parry - maybe special...

Agree to disagree. Parry = game on easy mode.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Mixmaster and dinobots perfect block synergy is more or less parry, as others have said there isn’t much need for it with other functions.

That said, it’s a shame mix can’t launch straight into a combo after perfect block (I forget its actual name). Would give him so much more utility instead of opponent managing to get the block up.

If they really wanted more bots to have a parry-like ability, they could incorporate the other sword masters into the mix-dinobot synergy. Being a ‘master’ could incorporate more than just an offensive boost, and would give skilled drift users a new way to keep the combo count high. Just a thought
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Synthwave wrote: »
    Parry just strikes me as something more suited to making a 2D game like MCOC more interesting. With TFTF you have sidesteps so it offers a little more versatility in the counterattacking department.

You can also dodge against the wall so parry doesn’t seem necessary for this game.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    It's Mixmaster's signature ability, that's it.
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    If they want to add party then make it like Mixmaster. Just leave it as an ability for certain bots(that do various things aside from stunning). In Mcoc Parry is a crutch that players use to avoid getting better
  • As @Bumblebee mentioned, this has already been addressed in another thread, and since they were kind enough to link it, I'm going to shut this one down to keep the discussion consolidated in one location.
This discussion has been closed.