Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Focus Repair timer reset bugged on L3s

tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
edited April 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
So, as most know and understand, the way the focus repair mechanic works is that the bot will get a buff and heal for an extreme amount if you fail to hit them with an unblocked melee hit every 6 seconds.

Unfortunately, though, in the case of some bots, their L3 melee hits are not pushing back the timer. I don't think all melee bots are broken, but g1 optimus definitely is, and I know I've had others do the same thing. You can clearly watch the timer, lead in to your L3 with a combo, and watch as your melee hits don't affect the timer. Before your L3 is completed they have started healing and a large amount is healed before you get any chance to hit them.

This is already a pretty lame mechanic, since you basically have to rely on the AI being dumb enough to let you hit them... It's very easy for them to just fire off a special and then run away from you healing up. This bug just exacerbates the issue.
Tagged:

Comments

• ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    I've 100% all the challenges, and the focus repair is not really a problem.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    Okay, but the bug I pointed out still exists.
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Don't use sp3 bug solved
    Guys this is a bug report thread, not a post your opinion on workaround solutions thread.

I know it's a slow day on the forums, but can't you find something constructive to do?
    tekkn1kal wrote: »
    Guys this is a bug report thread, not a post your opinion on workaround solutions thread.

I know it's a slow day on the forums, but can't you find something constructive to do?

Don't be ignorant we are entiltied to an opinion, your issues won't be fixed within 24 hours so we are giving you some solutions to get around it.

And yes you're welcome for the help
    So your helpful solution is don't do that? Clearly I get that, and I have avoided using L3. I'm here to report a bug in the game, not whine about it.

And seriously you flagged my post asking you to be constructive and not TC a bug report?

Thanks though for your help bumping my thread, I assume that's what you mean.
    Sp3 bugged? How so?

Sp3 is not a melee attack. It's a special power up. Same with ranges, they fix in a different class.

Melee attacks are melee attack. Why Timer resets only when stuck by a melee. Not by a sp1,2, or 3.
    Toughnut wrote: »
    Sp3 bugged? How so?

Sp3 is not a melee attack. It's a special power up. Same with ranges, they fix in a different class.

Melee attacks are melee attack. Why Timer resets only when stuck by a melee. Not by a sp1,2, or 3.
    Exactly is special attack is "special" not considered ranged or melee considered special
    If that is the case, then why do L1 and L2 melee hits push back the timer? Why do some L3s push back the timer but others don't?

If I'm wrong, that's fine, no problem with that. But there is a lot of evidence indicating that L3 hits are intended to push back this timer.
    edited April 2017
    So3 must be bugged after all. I don't think they are supposed to set the timer back. So if what you say is true. Then sp3's are bugged.
    zfo7f5fjx5nl.png

Backed off him and let him heal before the special so it was a 100% clear example.

or4asu7id84l.png

Now after the melee hit in the special, the buff was stripped off.

1ackycsddfog.png

Same thing with prime, heal is up...

yqx3e0mudk1a.png

Three hits in to the special and the buff remains.
  • Hey guys!

Just a reminder.. lets keep this thread on topic and avoid personal attacks! Disagreements are super ok but not when it goes past that onto insulting others. Make is positive not negative! That way we all have a constructive and awesome experience!
    edited December 2017
    Old thread but...

@Kabam Miike this is a bug that I let go because it wasn't really extremely impactful, outside of spotlight missions, but given the new Phase 5 buff on MG map 3, I think it is time this was looked at. I haven't run in to it yet, but I can see this bug making OG a bit of a liability on this fight.

As noted above, plenty of bots in their SP3 are counted as "melee" hits, and reset the timer on this mod. OG is a clear example of one that does not.

Btw, hey TN and Amano :dizzy: Glad to see we ended up on better terms than some of this crap ^^ :wink:

• Hey guys. The original intent of this buff was to strategically time your melee attacks to reset the heal timer. That being said, it is pretty awkward when your Special 3 incorporates a melee attack and the timer remains active. I'll take a look at this and provide an update to you soon. I know this is an old thread, but this buff is still being used and will also be available in future content, so we'll make sure it plays nice.

In the meantime... maybe throw in a couple of love taps before activating your special 3 :)

@Kabam Miike this is a bug that I let go because it wasn't really extremely impactful, outside of spotlight missions, but given the new Phase 5 buff on MG map 3, I think it is time this was looked at. I haven't run in to it yet, but I can see this bug making OG a bit of a liability on this fight.

In regards to the Phase 4 (I think you meant this one) of Evolved Power in AM Map 3 - This buff works slightly different in that the heal timer is actually reset by both melee AND ranged attacks. That being said, I'm not sure that a Special 3 Attack would also reset the heal. I'll take a closer look and get back to you guys on that.
    edited December 2017

Hey guys. The original intent of this buff was to strategically time your melee attacks to reset the heal timer. That being said, it is pretty awkward when your Special 3 incorporates a melee attack and the timer remains active. I'll take a look at this and provide an update to you soon. I know this is an old thread, but this buff is still being used and will also be available in future content, so we'll make sure it plays nice.

In the meantime... maybe throw in a couple of love taps before activating your special 3 :)

In regards to the Phase 4 (I think you meant this one) of Evolved Power in AM Map 3 - This buff works slightly different in that the heal timer is actually reset by both melee AND ranged attacks. That being said, I'm not sure that a Special 3 Attack would also reset the heal. I'll take a closer look and get back to you guys on that.

I agree with what you are saying, regarding the intent of the mod is to melee the opponent, however, the issue is even if you hit them immediately before your SP3, they will usually start healing before you finish the special. Ideally you don't let yourself get to SP3 in that case, but it doesn't always work out that way.