Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Stupid thing - player's bots rating

Why they make the list of players in the alliance according to their bots rating?
It doesn't have any sense. Someone can have the best bots in the alliance but after forging his place is at the end of the list.

Comments

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Why does this list matter to you? It doesn't say it's top player or worst player or anywhere in between...
  • BeniaminBeniamin Posts: 28
    It doesn't say, it suggests.
    And this suggestion has no sense in this game.
    Maybe in MCOC has it more.
  • Hey Beniamin!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! Just to let you know, I have moved your thread into the correct forum section to help keep the forums clean and organized.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Well what other way should they list players? Alphabetical?
    Top 10 bots total rating.
    Forging is for having even greater bots so measuring 10 best would say whose potential is better.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Just create your alliance and your name will always be on top of the list as leader, problem solved.
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    Just create your alliance and your name will always be on top of the list as leader, problem solved.

Did I write anything about my position on the list?
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Well from your first post it looks like your concerned about the bottom of the list, so you feel that your the best in your alliance but someone forged or has more mods, bots etc, and you got bumped down, maybe you should have worded you concern with a bit more specific information like the amount of arena fights, win streak, missions completed, even commander level, with all those factors taken into consideration by kabam that should justify what the player list should look like, but it just seemed that you were more worried about where you are on the list.
    But for now it's just the way it is, if you know your good at the game and your alliance sees that, why does it matter to the rest of the world?
    I don' t care about my position in the alliance. But I do care about logic of game functions.

In the profile there is one of the main stat called rating and in some cases it's not adequate to the actual strength of the player. It's about that. ;)

They could combine all stats like you said in one, something like total power. Could be cool
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    The way I see it, my alliance is one team and we all contribute as best we can according to our bot levels. The order never really mattered, I've been tossed up and down the list since we formed, but I'm always involved in AM and that's what is important.
    To answer your original question a bit, I think the idea was that stronger total PI will correspond to a stronger "army" and thus a stronger player, hence why the list is ordered the way it is. Maybe.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited June 2017
    I think that some people are missing the OP's point. The player rating system in this game is very similar to the rating system in MCOC. In MCOC, your player rating is a good gauge for not only how powerful your fighters are, but also how long you have been playing the game, and such. I dont see the OP complaining so much about his rank, necessarily - but more that the system itself seems wonky.

The problem arises when players start to Forge their bots - instead of increasing or even maintaining the same rating after the bot has been forged, the rating actually goes down because you have essentially gotten rid of an entire bot (same as if you had sold the bot, or if you had never received the bot in the first place).

So, because of that, the rating system is essentially useless as you can only see what top 4 bots the player has from their profile look, and if the player is a heavy forger, their rating might be significantly below another player who has not forged a single bot. This becomes somewhat problematic as many Alliances will say something like "Minimum requirement to join this alliance is 15k" - when the fact of the matter is, is that a 12k player who has forged the crap out of all his 2* bots into his 3*/4* bots could have significantly stronger bots than someone with a 15k rating.

The solution to this would be to add more rating value to forging to match, or at least come a lot closer to matching the value the lesser bot had before it was forged.
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    The only problem I have with this is that it automatically sets your most powerful bot as your profile portrait by default. It'd be nice to have the option to cycle/choose our own avatar. Although, not much to do with the alliance predicament, just something I thought I'd share :).
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    If you didn't care about your spot in the alliance you wouldn't have made this post...
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    I agree, the rating doesn't make sense in this game due to forging. I think it was just taken from MCOC without further thought, because there it's a little more telling.

I think in TFTF a number equivalent to MCOC prestige would be more interesting to evaluate the power of player or alliance.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Agree w/ Zapper. It was taken from MCOC. In that context it actually shows something meaningful. Intrducing forging makes the overall rating irrelevant. It's not a problem though and no fix or change is needed. Anyone who's forged understands the rating doesn't indicate anything substantive and so everyone ignores it. So who cares? Not a problem
  • SmirkyDrewSmirkyDrew Posts: 118
    Lots of people judge people by rating though ignoring the fact that forging lowers rating substantiually. This affects people wanting an alliance because higher up alliances expect certain ratings otherwise you won't bw chosen.
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    If you rate people by their ranking, you completly miss the point. All the important info are on the next tab where you can see how active a player is in raids and arenas, plus you can see the three top bots on the first tab. So I don't see where the problem is here, you just have to use ALL the stats available. I have seen high ranking players doing no arena at all, so one number without the other is useless.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    SmirkyDrew wrote: »
    Lots of people judge people by rating though ignoring the fact that forging lowers rating substantiually. This affects people wanting an alliance because higher up alliances expect certain ratings otherwise you won't bw chosen.

Higher up alliances know how the game works and won't go off rating but top 3 bots.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Dircules wrote: »
    SmirkyDrew wrote: »

Higher up alliances know how the game works and won't go off rating but top 3 bots.

True, our alliance judges by:
    - Top Team
    - Activity (i.e. number of arena rounds)
    - Soft criterie (i.e. is he/she a nice person)

Ranking ist mostly irrelevant, though you seldom see somebody who is really active in arena who forges away all of his 2* bots.
    I have an idea. To solve the problem they should do excatly what they are doing with numbers of bots. I know some guys with total 800 bots. Why so many? Because forged bot is counting to total number and the same should be with bots rating, it should stay even if we forge. We were leveling up this bot so it has sense and I see logic in that.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    If an alliance says "must have at least χ rating" you know it's a beginner alliance. They usually also say "and lvl.20" or maybe 25 if they're moving toward mid tier
    If they say "must have at least 3x3/30 bots", you know it's upper-mid tier
    "Must have at least 3x4/40 bots" is a high tier, probably top 20 or so
    Top tier will want to see your entire roster and probably will already know you by reputation at least

So yeah, no one who's at a stage of the game where forging is relevant could care less about rating. TBH, I haven't looked at my own rating for nearly two months, I have no idea what it is

A more extreme example: Nergury (alpha) who is the guy with 800+ bots mentioned earlier I believe he only has 2 3* bots. The rest were fed to 4*. Of course his rating comes down a lot, but everyone in the top 10 alliances knows he was first to finish RoK and almost always sits at the top of the raid leaderboard and is in the alliance that almost always tops AM.

Rating just doesnt rate, but that's not a problem