Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Purifying Brawlers....who's best?

Grimlock is my top Brawler because if the basic immunity to DOT damage, but each brawler seems to be amazing in their own way..
My main focus right now is MV1 vs Tantrum. I ran across Tantrum on a raid equipped with an exo-filter and lemme say...that's an effective combo. He was a challenge.
Who's better? Tantrum shuts the HA down, MV1 gains health but is still affected. Grimlock gains melee buffs from it...idk what Monkey Prime does.

Comments

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Primal purifies and then heals, right? I don't use him much.
  • 8% less duration per Armor stack. HA bleed last 60 secs.
    With one armor, HA bleed Will last 55 secs. With 10 Armor it'll last only 12 sec.
    Bleeds also fuel his SP1.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Primal heals once the bleed expires, that’s all you really need to know. Also, because of this it makes beast purification synergy very strong and helpful to him.
  • Yeah, with Primal you need two other Beasts with him to enable his purification ability when using a heavy. Monkey Prime can also purify a bit more quickly than Grimlock but then you have to "risk" using a heavy with Primal where as it is automatic with Grimlock.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I say go with the Brawler you like the most
    I went with MV1 Optimus to rank 5 never regretted it he’s awesome
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Jazz.
    Kitten wrote: »
    Jazz.

Kitten has a rainbow Jazz that takes each and every spark...
    Im jealous..I never get anything good :( ha
  • Best depends on what your fighting style is with that bot. Duped Grimlock doesn't have to do anything to purify the bleed, but it still affects him for 1-2 seconds before its converted to melee buff. Tantrum gets his purify every 3 melee buffs, which he gets by dashing into the enemy and he doesn't just get it right away, but his purify remains in effect for 6 seconds (plenty of time to get 3 more melee buffs to keep his purify going).

If Grimlock gets hit by 3 different bleeds, he's going to take some damage from each of the bleeds before purifying. If Tantrum gets hit, he only takes debuff damage if he's at less than every 3rd melee buff and once his purify activates, as an example, he could get hit with Rhinox's SP2/SP3 (which cause at the least 2-3 bleeds) and not take even a single bleed within that 6 second window.

I don't mention MV1 because he doesn't really purify. He doesn't even cancel bleeds, he heals to either reduce or overcome (and heal) bleed damage. Burn, shock, acid, etc., still work normally on him unlike Grimlock or Tantrum.
  • Best depends on what your fighting style is with that bot. Duped Grimlock doesn't have to do anything to purify the bleed, but it still affects him for 1-2 seconds before its converted to melee buff. Tantrum gets his purify every 3 melee buffs, which he gets by dashing into the enemy and he doesn't just get it right away, but his purify remains in effect for 6 seconds (plenty of time to get 3 more melee buffs to keep his purify going).

If Grimlock gets hit by 3 different bleeds, he's going to take some damage from each of the bleeds before purifying. If Tantrum gets hit, he only takes debuff damage if he's at less than every 3rd melee buff and once his purify activates, as an example, he could get hit with Rhinox's SP2/SP3 (which cause at the least 2-3 bleeds) and not take even a single bleed within that 6 second window.

I don't mention MV1 because he doesn't really purify. He doesn't even cancel bleeds, he heals to either reduce or overcome (and heal) bleed damage. Burn, shock, acid, etc., still work normally on him unlike Grimlock or Tantrum.
    You've forgotten to mention that MV1 does purify all bleeds but one and converts them into power. So if a rhinox hits you with a sp2 and inflicts 7 Bleeds on you, 6 of them will be converted into power and you'll probably have an SP3 straight away
  • Unlike Grim, MV1's Damage Output is quite reliable.
    Unlike Tantrum, He can move freely without any disbenefit. And you can play wisely.
    So basically they're all superior in their own right, just depends on playstyle and synergies.