Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Already worried about Megatronus' power charge

1.2% of Max power per second means he gains a bar in about 27 seconds, and an sp3 in 80 seconds. If he goes into Room 3 of the AS map, can he outrun power conductor (hey but isn't it cool to have Relic of Fury all the time?)? Does Windblade's sp1 shut him down and apply shock?
@Kabam Miike

Comments

• Found some tweaks:
    * Relic of Preservation nerfed, from 10% to 20%
    * SP2 stun time increased, from 2.5 to 3 seconds
    * Immortality time increased, from 8 to 10 seconds
  • I wouldn't know, but I assume his ability is fine. Its a great ability, and I bet if you avoid windblades you won't have any issues with the power
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited September 2018
    His Power gain is only affected by Power Locks. Any ability which Considers power gains for its purpose will ignore this ability.
    Even if he doesn't get to fill a power bar..
    Relic of Fury + Heavy Dark Burn = Worst Nightmare.
  • @SparkShredder not exactly true. He’s also not immune to shockwaves power drain and prowls power drain.
  • Sorry. Power burn. Mirage also has that but I never took him in to see.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited September 2018
    @JayBird01 ,how they affect his Power Gain? They surely do drain power, and I'm pretty sure if prowl drain him zero, his Power gain will remain same though.
    By "not affecting power gain" I mean no ability can reduce its effectiveness or nullify it like Stormfall Blast.
    However Power Drains can counter its effect by draining same or more amount than power gained.
  • Shockwave can drain his power. I know this because I used shockwave against him extensively for that exact reason. Only when he’s immune do the shocks and power drain fail to work.
  • However Power Drains can counter its effect by draining same or more amount than power gained.

And so does Power Conductor?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    @JayBird01 ,how they affect his Power Gain? They surely do drain power, and I'm pretty sure if prowl drain him zero, his Power gain will remain same though.
    By "not affecting power gain" I mean no ability can reduce its effectiveness or nullify it like Stormfall Blast.
    However Power Drains can counter its effect by draining same or more amount than power gained.

It's pretty simple. If he gains 1.2% power/second and a mod drains 1.2% power/second (or more) then his power gain is effectively nullified.

Now that we've covered grade 2 math, is there anything else?
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited September 2018
    My Prowl gets a full power bar within 4 solid melee hits while his buffs are active. That means a full bar of power in like 5 seconds and drains a full bar as fast as you can say sp1. Use him.
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    My Prowl gets a full power bar within 4 solid melee hits while his buffs are active. That means a full bar of power in like 5 seconds and drains a full bar as fast as you can say sp1. Use him.

Yeah, but when paired with teasing MODs like Unstoppable Frenzy, UNBLOCKABLE etc. He won't let you charge up.
    But if you do, and he doesn't have replicate, then its very good.
    Don't why whenever Prowl charges melee buff, replicate generates a Power Gain.
    Isn't his Power Gain from sign a Passive Gain?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited September 2018
    Some observations since the release of Megatronus:
    * He charges to a bar of power in 16 seconds, so roughly 2% of max power per second
    * His power charge isn't interrupted by WB's sp1 (shock is applied anyway)

Therefore, his power gain isn't considered a buff. Supposedly he wouldn't charge like crazy when pairing with Tech Console. Yet there is Robot Resource...