Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Update 4.1 is killing my shield tablet!!!!

After updating to 4.1 the game crashes ever 5-10 mins on my nvidia shield tablet 2014 LTE version. Most concerning is it crashes the tablet itself 25% of the time meaning my tablet restarts and have to wait for it reloads. Ive noticed that it will crash when a away mission completes and autoplay story it crashes every 2 fights. AM is no better. I have to make sure I restarts the game fight to make sure it don’t crash mid fight. And yes it happens anytime. Loading screen mid fight anywhere. This is disheartening cause this tablet it one of the most powerful tablet out there and this is happening. It was happening not very often before 4.1. I also play mcoc yall makes and i had it on and running for 4 hours and did not crash once and did not crash my tablet so i know its the transformers game most definitely. Please get back to me and explain why this is happening and if it will be fixed. I really like this game and want to play it offen but may have to quit do to this issue. Please help me out here. Ive wrote to support 2x with no reply at all. PS i have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game with no difference. @kabam miike HELP
Tagged:

Comments

• This didn't happen often before the update, correct? What OS Version are you using, and can you give us the exact Model Number of the Shield Tablet? You can find that information in your settings.
  • Yes it would crash alittle before 4.1 but not like this. Its madness now lol
    The model number just says SHIELD Tablet. Its running Android 7.0
  • SteelSHSteelSH Posts: 80
    edited November 2017
    Oh and the Nvidia Shield tablet is the 2014 LTE version
  • Just a update @Kabam Miike the game is also crashing in arena in almost every round now and mostly mid fight and when i loads back it its a ko for me. Story mode is still worse with crashing after every 2 fight. This is really getting to me now sadly.
  • As much as this will draw scorn from many, it honestly just sounds like you're trying to play the game on too old of a device. As cool as the Shield is, remember that your device is now over 3 years old. As the game gets newer updates and moves along, you will most likely find it crashing more and more often as Kabam cannot honestly optimize the game for devices beyond a specific threshold of age.

Same thing with PC. PC just tends to be more customizable so people can add this and that to try and keep up. Tablets and phones can't. And the tech powering these devices gets outdated pretty quick.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited November 2017
    Hired_Goon wrote: »
    As much as this will draw scorn from many, it honestly just sounds like you're trying to play the game on too old of a device. As cool as the Shield is, remember that your device is now over 3 years old. As the game gets newer updates and moves along, you will most likely find it crashing more and more often as Kabam cannot honestly optimize the game for devices beyond a specific threshold of age.

Same thing with PC. PC just tends to be more customizable so people can add this and that to try and keep up. Tablets and phones can't. And the tech powering these devices gets outdated pretty quick.

Im sorry, but IMO - thats a crap excuse. You cant download and play this game on every Apple or Android device. Some devices dont meet the "minimum requirements" to play this game, and thus, the app stores wont even allow you to download them.

If I can download the game on my device, it should be just as stable as whatever device you are playing on and never experience any crashes. Graphics can be different and general gameplay performance differences (latency in fights and such due to the devices lower power) are understandable. Constant crashing is not.

From what I see, it looks like Kabams standards for allowing a game to be played on a certain device is "Will this game get to the main loading screen on this device? Yes? Then its good enough!"

The game has been out for how long now? and Shield users have been complaining about constant crashing since day 1. And....nothing.
  • Stitch626 wrote: »
    As much as this will draw scorn from many, it honestly just sounds like you're trying to play the game on too old of a device. As cool as the Shield is, remember that your device is now over 3 years old. As the game gets newer updates and moves along, you will most likely find it crashing more and more often as Kabam cannot honestly optimize the game for devices beyond a specific threshold of age.

Im sorry, but IMO - thats a crap excuse. You cant download and play this game on every Apple or Android device. Some devices dont meet the "minimum requirements" to play this game, and thus, the app stores wont even allow you to download them.

If I can download the game on my device, it should be just as stable as whatever device you are playing on and never experience any crashes. Graphics can be different and general gameplay performance differences (latency in fights and such due to the devices lower power) are understandable. Constant crashing is not.

From what I see, it looks like Kabams standards for allowing a game to be played on a certain device is "Will this game get to the main loading screen on this device? Yes? Then its good enough!"

The game has been out for how long now? and Shield users have been complaining about constant crashing since day 1. And....nothing.

Dislike it all you want. Doesn't change that he is attempting to play on an outdated piece of equipment. That kind of thinking would have you laughed right out the door in the PC gaming community. It is not cost effective at all for Kabam to optimize this game for every Tom, **** and Harry device on the planet. But since you think it's so easy to optimize a huge game like this for every different device, why don't you submit your application to Kabam to work on their dev team. You're obviously more talented than they are.

You clearly have no PC experience or you would realize it is not a crap excuse. My old PC will meet minimum requirements for most modern latest and greatest games. But if I attempted to install and run them, guess what I would get. Lag, poor graphics and crashes. Guess what would happen if I went on to their forums and complained. Try to take that into consideration before you call foul. There may be a dozen people(I don't know) complaining about playing on the Shield but if they're 12 out of only 50 people playing on a Shield, again, it's not worth it for Kabam to spend money optimizing when that money can go towards optimizing for the thousands playing on the latest Android or Apple
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited December 2017

Dislike it all you want. Doesn't change that he is attempting to play on an outdated piece of equipment. That kind of thinking would have you laughed right out the door in the PC gaming community. It is not cost effective at all for Kabam to optimize this game for every Tom, **** and Harry device on the planet. But since you think it's so easy to optimize a huge game like this for every different device, why don't you submit your application to Kabam to work on their dev team. You're obviously more talented than they are.

You clearly have no PC experience or you would realize it is not a crap excuse. My old PC will meet minimum requirements for most modern latest and greatest games. But if I attempted to install and run them, guess what I would get. Lag, poor graphics and crashes. Guess what would happen if I went on to their forums and complained. Try to take that into consideration before you call foul. There may be a dozen people(I don't know) complaining about playing on the Shield but if they're 12 out of only 50 people playing on a Shield, again, it's not worth it for Kabam to spend money optimizing when that money can go towards optimizing for the thousands playing on the latest Android or Apple

Dude, first of all, I played WoW for nearly a decade, ive built my own computers since I was 13 and work in the IT industry. So, dont try and act like you know anything about me. We are all gamers. So get off your high horse.

You seem to like to bring up PC games a lot and use that as a real comparison. Let me ask you, what would happen if I tried to play a game like Wolfenstine 2 on a Windows XP computer? Do you think you would even be able to install it? No - the GAME prevents you from installing it on a system where it will not be able to run properly. If the game is unable to properly run on a device, WHY is it allowed to be run on the device? The fact is, they allow these games to be played on these devices knowing that they will underperform and have more issues than other devices because it makes the potential player "pool" much larger - which means more $$$$$$.

You think only 50 people play this game on the Shield tablet? Thats...hilarious. Do you think everyone that plays this game also comes on these forums? I would say that only maybe 1/10th (if even that) of this games population, at any given time, come on these forums on any sort of regular basis. Trying to imply that the Shield tablet is some archaic device is also hilarious. Have you looked at its stats? Its still a very powerful device thats running the latest version of Android and has a quad processor. And the crashing and overheating is not exclusive to the Shield tablet. MANY other devices, both Andriod and Apple, have a plethora of crashing issues associated with them. Game also crashes like crazy on my Samsung S7...guess thats too old of a device to play this game also?

To summarize - the entire world does not revolve around you or your experiences with this game. If they allow me to play this game on a device that plays their game like crap, then I have the right to complain about said game playing like crap on that device. You coming on here to apparently defend Kabam for allowing their game to be downloaded on devices that cant play their game properly is somewhat confusing...and honestly just feels like trolling.
  • Hey folks.

Let's remember that the purpose of this thread is to provide information about the specifics of the issues being experienced by the device in question, not denigrate into an argument between individuals. Let's keep things on topic and focused on addressing the issue at hand; if it degrades too far into personal arguments, the thread will have to be closed.
  • After yesterday’s update i was excited to see if it would help my tablet lol nope it got worse. Start a spotlight it crashes. Do few fights it crashes, closed game reloaded went to do AM and crashes on load screen. Arena crashes every round. Start a raid it crashes. Smh this is getting ridiculous. I do use my iPhone SE more now just for arena and story auto play no issue. I rather my tablet for AM & raids cause of the bigger screen. And most crashes now crashes my tablet alot more now. Please try to fix
  • I am having the same issue on my shield tablet k1 as well. 2 fights in the arena and it crashes. One fight in any other mode and it crashes. I do find it interesting that mcoc plays perfect if not better on my tablet than my phone really hope it gets fixed for tftf soon.

Yes it is an older device but I had no issues playing this game on my Jide Ultra Tablet which was an inferior device in all aspects and I am sure there were a lot less people using that device than a Shield device. Sadly I had to retire that device due to the developers ending support on it and moving on to other projects.

Please let us Shield owners know if there is an update coming for our devices when you can.

Thank you!