Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Who is the "Blade" of this game?

Blade is notorious for being arguably the best character in MCOC. So who do you guys think is the "Blade" of forged to fight?

Comments

• Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    edited March 2018
    I think I said it before when this was asked; it's an apples to oranges comparison. If they were the same type of game with the same mechanics, just different IP's, then you could probably get a straight answer, but this really is a different game than MCOC. I never played MCOC, but everyone I know who has played it has said that TFTF is way more balanced than MCOC is, so finding "the best bot EVAR!1!!" in this game is gonna be tough.

My guess is you'll get a lot of different opinions, which will be a good thing; it means the dev team has done their jobs.

That said, if you had to paint me into a corner I'd say I personally get the most bang for my buck from using G1 Optimus Prime (yeah, yeah, he's Combiner Wars, I know; he'll always be OG to me). He has lots of great synergies to work with and can handle pretty much anything that's thrown at him. He's just a great, all-around workhorse (which is why you don't see him on the 5-Star list; he'd be too powerful if he was).

Lots of great bots in the game though.

EDIT: Black Thought beat me to it, lol

• Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Hound, definitely Hound
    Or Grimlock but without his signature ability
  • Options
    Duped MV1 or Motormaster.
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I think blue Bumblebee (if he were a 4*) would be hands down the best bot in the game because of his balance between speed, evade, and damage. That's why I kinda think he's not available in a 4*, because he's easily God tier.
  • Options
    BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    Transformer doesn't need the typical combat crutches(defensive ability reduction, parry etc) because they take time to balance it before sending it out
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited March 2018
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    I think blue Bumblebee (if he were a 4*) would be hands down the best bot in the game because of his balance between speed, evade, and damage. That's why I kinda think he's not available in a 4*, because he's easily God tier.

That's interesting... I find his skillset to be the most lacking and irrelevant in the game. I personally rate him as one of the worst bots you can possibly have.

Even if you disagree, there is no arguing that there is absolutely nothing about tactician bee that puts him at god tier, no matter how you slice it

Having said that, many players love him. Many feel the same way I do. Always sparks good debate.

• Options
    KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Manthro wrote: »
    DrShotgun wrote: »

That's interesting... I find his skillset to be the most lacking and irrelevant in the game. I personally rate him as one of the worst bots you can possibly have.

Even if you disagree, there is no arguing that there is absolutely nothing about tactician bee that puts him at god tier, no matter how you slice it

Having said that, many players love him. Many feel the same way I do. Always sparks good debate.
    bBUt heS MOVIE bUmbLEBEE!!!!1!1!1!1one!1!1
  • Options
    ToughTough Posts: 237
    manthro, heavys stack attack buffs that don’t have a stack limit. if you’re skilled enough he can do insane amounts of damage, say if you have 20 stacks.
  • Options
    Also, his stacks do not expire.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Tough wrote: »
    manthro, heavys stack attack buffs that don’t have a stack limit. if you’re skilled enough he can do insane amounts of damage, say if you have 20 stacks.

There are enough ways to mitigate damage and nullify/steal buffs that I personally don't find bee to have the same impact he once did. On top of that, very few fights last long enough to really benefit from his melee buffs, just like Mirage... Only ROK.

I don't think he has kept up with the meta very well, and I maintain my stance that evasion is a liability on offense, not a beneficial skill.

Again, this is just my opinion because of my playstyle. He doesn't mesh well for me
  • Options
    Eveyone has opionions, all good. IMO he would have been my first r5 max forge 4* if i had him, same as 5*. fits with my play style amazingly.
  • Options
    While I’m not a big fan of dotm bee, he is very effective for high level AM
  • Options
    Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
    edited April 2018

So your using a 3* tac bee for high level am? By high level you mean d5 right? There’s no way anyone is using tac bee in high level am.
  • Options

So your using a 3* tac bee for high level am? By high level you mean d5 right? There’s no way anyone is using tac bee in high level am.

Yes it’s great fun using my 2* bee for d80! Just kidding, what I’m saying is his attack buffs will be more useful at high am because there’s longer fights
  • Options
    I personally think it’s primal, great synergies that allow him to purify DOT debuffs, immune to crits and mitigates a lot of damage at full stacks of armor, which can be converted at will into really high damage. And that’s without going into his sig (which I don’t have)!
  • Options
    AnakinPrimeAnakinPrime Posts: 229
    Duped OG Megatron. Maxed 4*... The power to steal buffs can turn the tide in any battle. Easily my go to bot. Expert is his playground
  • Options
    Duped OG Megatron. Maxed 4*... The power to steal buffs can turn the tide in any battle. Easily my go to bot. Expert is his playground

Big Megatron fan too, almost have him forge 100 and really hoping to dupe him
  • Options
    VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Be grateful there isn’t one.
  • Options
    My fav bots are ones that save you from mistakes, Like Soundwave, Shockwave and Rachet (With their duped abilitys) I recommend maxing one of those if your a new player.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    My fav bots are ones that save you from mistakes, Like Soundwave, Shockwave and Rachet (With their duped abilitys) I recommend maxing one of those if your a new player.

I’d add Arcee to that list as well. She regularly evades and bails me out of careless/distracted play.
  • Options
    MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Ratchet used to be a God...till they nerfed him to the ground
  • Options
    DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Ratchet still good.
  • Options
    Mutantdoc wrote: »

Only fools think ratchet is no bueno.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Galvatron is easily the Blade of TFTF
  • Options
    DaveJL wrote: »

I was a diehard MCOC’er with a Duped max sig 5 Star Blade. I also have a 4 Star Galvatron who is nearly maxed out...

Galvatron is no Blade.
  • Options

I don't like him at 3* and don't have him at 4* so I don't know what he's like
  • Options
    edited April 2018

I don't like him at 3* and don't have him at 4* so I don't know what he's like

He’s overrated
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Vavatron wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »

I was a diehard MCOC’er with a Duped max sig 5 Star Blade. I also have a 4 Star Galvatron who is nearly maxed out...

Galvatron is no Blade.

don't feed the troll