Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Ratchet's Self-Diagnosis

Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
My Ratchet lacks the "Self-Diagnosis" ability for some reason. I can't find it on the skillset.
He's 2-Star version, Rank 2. Does anyone knows why?

Comments

• MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    You have to hit rank 3 then repair 2 turns into self diagnoses 3
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    is rachet strong? I have his 3*.. but I have Rhinox and Mirage 3* too so i'm focusing on them first.
  • Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    Davien wrote: »
    is rachet strong? I have his 3*.. but I have Rhinox and Mirage 3* too so i'm focusing on them first.

Ratchet it's the weakest among the 3 Tech-class bots. Not to mention he's one of the worst bots currently. Focus either on Rhinox or Mirage.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Davien wrote: »

Ratchet it's the weakest among the 3 Tech-class bots. Not to mention he's one of the worst bots currently. Focus either on Rhinox or Mirage.

yeah prefer mirage now as his synergy with other autobots in my team is good (team bonuses).
    hard to fit in Rhinox anywhere.. likely he'll be a lone ranger in most teams. I love his bleed damage tho.. but still will try out Mirage heavily first to see which I will settle with in the end. Currently Rhinox at 770 PI and Mirage 500.
    If you got Wasp at Arenas, you could pair him with Rhinox.
  • vucachonvucachon Posts: 30
    Ratchet is a beast. learn to use him. Duped even better. His heals are handy. I have both 3* rhinox and ratchet duped. What ratchet may lack in atk, he makes up in his heals. Saves energon, saves potions... saves money.
  • MootMoot Posts: 52
    vucachon wrote: »
    Ratchet is a beast. learn to use him. Duped even better. His heals are handy. I have both 3* rhinox and ratchet duped. What ratchet may lack in atk, he makes up in his heals. Saves energon, saves potions... saves money.

Yeah he is really good. One of the best bots to use in high level AMs.

I kinda disagree, his heals are kinda weak and his sig rarely triggers.
    I kinda disagree, his heals are kinda weak and his sig rarely triggers.[/quote]

What level, rank, and tier is your ratchet? if you want to control his heal, all you gotta do is complete a heavy (alt form) or lvl2. mine is level 5 sig, which is 12.5% chance to activate emergency repair. i dont rely on that. i rely on his alt form and lvl2.
    2-Stars, Rank 2, duped with Level 5 sig, Level 12. He heals around 5 HP per second if I use alt-mode, and also he doesn't heal that much neither generates that much Power Bar with his SP2
    2-Stars, Rank 2, duped with Level 5 sig, Level 12. He heals around 5 HP per second if I use alt-mode, and also he doesn't heal that much neither generates that much Power Bar with his SP2

Obviously the higher the rank, level, and tier the better. mine is a 3* rank 3 almost maxed. at these low levels, they won't heal like crazy since the heals are based off a % of max hp, but used the right way he is a super useful. Sometimes if i have a lvl3 available, i will alt mode to gain his heal buff then activate lvl3. during the whole animation of lvl3 he will continue to heal. Spam his alt mode and lvl2 and his hp will make its way up. spamming alt mode will quickly get you to lvl2 since he will gain some power.

Learn him. a healer is always helpful.
    He also has nice synergies.

• MootMoot Posts: 52
    edited May 2017
    yes plz bring back prenerf ratchet
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Ratchet is one of the biggest hitters in the game. I'd hate to see him nerfed, but he's a beast as is. He's my #1 bot and I have 6 3* 3/30 and every 2* bot rank 3 except SW and Wasp. Only Windblade will supplant him tomorrow when the scout spark is available
    I think he needs to be buffed. He can't be pure healing and dealing almost no damage. At least buff his Ranged Crit Chance so Shock and Stun would proc more often
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited May 2017

I don't want to explain why you're wrong for fear they will nerf him ;)

Now if you are highly focused on arena I could see why you may not be crazy about him, but for other game modes he's debatably the very best champ, let alone tech champ.

EDIT -- NM I just realized you are using a 2* ratchet r2. Once you get him R3 it is a game changer. His heal in the current form is repair only, the one you need has power gain built in as well.
    tekkn1kal wrote: »

I don't want to explain why you're wrong for fear they will nerf him ;)

Now if you are highly focused on arena I could see why you may not be crazy about him, but for other game modes he's debatably the very best champ, let alone tech champ.

EDIT -- NM I just realized you are using a 2* ratchet r2. Once you get him R3 it is a game changer. His heal in the current form is repair only, the one you need has power gain built in as well.

I've recently Rank him up to Rk3. Honestly his heal's still being really weak, however his Power Bar build I have to admit, it's beastly.
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    Ratchet is the single best bot for questing in my opinion. He hits like a wimp but other than that he's rock solid.

You take some damage you can simple use alt mode, heal + power gain and evade, until you hit l3 then rinse and repeat. The only challenge Ratchet faces is power gain opponents.