Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Helpful tips

Can you give me some advice on how I can beat Soundwave on expert my team is r4

Comments

• XhibitAXhibitA Posts: 201
    R4 3* or 4*? Do you have Windblade on that team?
  • Orion_pax13Orion_pax13 Posts: 237
    I have 4* galvatron, prowl,motormaster,shockwave, and ultra Magnus
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Yeah that guy is annoying! You finally beat him down and then his last ditch repair kicks in and he goes right back to 40%-50% health. Then he knocks out my bot and when you go back in again, you beat him down again and again the last ditch repair kicks in. Unfortunately I'm not good enough to outlast him.
    That's my problem
  • BeerguzzlerBeerguzzler Posts: 104
    His repair mod is a royal pain. I used windy on him, worked awesome. If not use a DOT bot with a heavy bleed.
  • XhibitAXhibitA Posts: 201
    His repair mod is a royal pain. I used windy on him, worked awesome. If not use a DOT bot with a heavy bleed.

Yeah, my mains with him were Rhinox and WB. The bleed from those two help a ton when he was repairing. Prowl would actually be a good bot for him too. You'll have to dance with SW and keep draining his power but definitely doable if you have the patience.

I just got Prowl so I can't say I have used him but he would be good in theory.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    The last ditch repair thing is just like him having an extended life bar. I don’t think it gives any other bonuses. Just fight him like how you have been. You got him down to 20%, just keep doing the same thing and get him down again.

If anything, watch out for his sonic shield. Avoid specials that shoot things because you don’t want it activating in the middle of a special (I learned that one with Starscream’s S1).
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    He’s easy with CW Megatron, once he’s fused, you can steal his repair buff.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752

Use shockwave.... Fire off your s2 or s3 when Soundwave is near 20% remaining (which is where his repair kicks in)

Shockwave has repair block, it'll stop it from triggering.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    I found shockwave useful against him. Just play it patient and keep his power low, and spam sp2, it won’t be reflected by his shield. Can’t confirm if his repair block stops the repair mod, as I only went through him once, but may be something to consider if you soften him up with other bots first. If all bots are in good health by the time you get there, I’d go galv first, then motormaster and Magnus to get his health down. Try and finish with shockwave, keeping prowl as a last resort. Keep that class advantage for when you need it most if need be, unless your confident you can finish him.

Make sure you’re never cornered so he can’t land a heavy, keep baiting while sonic shield is active and control his power is the key to beating him. Play it safe and patient.
    I did that but shockwave got killed when Soundwave had like 3% health left I was so mad
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited May 2018
    Don't give up, keep trying! Try to conserve shockwave Vs megatron as mentioned before it'll make your life easier.

Moreover, watch YouTuber iNightSkies during his run for rulers of kaon where he runs through difficult fights to get a feel of how to sharpen your play.
  • UrAverageMalakaUrAverageMalaka Posts: 664
    edited May 2018

MAN YOU JUST SAID YOU HAVE SHOCKWAVE. HE IS THE ANSWER. As soon as soundwave is about 25% hp left, save the special two for that repair block.

Edit: my bad, didn’t see people already post that. Soz.

Another tip is just to keep an eye out from his heavies. His specials are easy to dodge
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Another tip is just to keep an eye out from his heavies. His specials are easy to dodge

Except for his S3. ;)
    I used shockwave special 3 since it has a guaranteed repair block
  • UrAverageMalakaUrAverageMalaka Posts: 664
    edited May 2018
    Darm0k wrote: »

Except for his S3. ;)

Seinfield music plays*