Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Cheetor & Kickback Evade Drift Focus?! WHY

I just got my butt whooped in am. And im very good at fighting cheetor. There’s a specific tactic i have to incorporate just for him thats very difficult on its own. BUT for cheetor to still evade and attack me mid combo, WHILE i have a combo of 20 going with drift(FOCUS on). That’s a bit too much. C’mon Kabam, im not tryna use energon everyday of am. Please fix this. They shouldnt be able to evade drift so easily as it completely ignores the point of Drift’s FOCUS ability.

Comments

• Options
    TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    In before someone says wait out the feral buff
  • Options
    BacteriumBacterium Posts: 22
    HE DOESNT GET POWER DRAINEDDDD?!!!
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Totherkins wrote: »
    In before someone says wait out the feral buf
    f

Well, yeah.. but let's do the math.

Drift's precision buff actually becomes less effective the lower an enemy's evasion rate is:

ez3kyxudsgfm.png

So.. it reduces evasion rate by 30%

Cheetor has a 25% evasion rate when feral strike is active
    Kickback has a 36% evasion rate when you dodge a dash in.

25% - (25%-30%) = ~16% chance for Cheetor to evade
    36%-(36%-30%) = ~ 26% chance for kickback to successfully evade

Now... It's possible that feral strike is suppressing the precision buff, but it shouldn't. Maybe the dev team can take a peek at that to be sure.
  • Options
    Focus is an ability, it suppresses it while feral strike is active. C mon now, manthro.
  • Options
    Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    edited June 2018
    It didn't say decrease the Chance of Evade by the same amount (c.f. BC's sig) so maybe it isn't -30%.

And @Manthro why isn't it calculated directly like 25%-30% but you put another 25%- before the brackets? The way you put it, it seems Drift kinda "helps" evasion, because 25%-(25%-30%) should give 30%, no?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Y2K wrote: »
    It didn't say decrease the Chance of Evade by the same amount (c.f. BC's sig) so maybe it isn't -30%.

And @Manthro why isn't it calculated directly like 25%-30% but you put another 25%- before the brackets? The way you put it, it seems Drift kinda "helps" evasion, because 25%-(25%-30%) should give 30%, no?

It's a 30% reduction of the original value, not a flat 30%. That's why the math looks the way it does.

BEDMAS my man... 30% of 25% is approximately 9%, so it ends up being 25% - 9%. 30% of 36% is about 10%.

And @Totherkins yeah, feral strike suppresses abilities, but I think it is only supposed to suppress abilities triggered by attacking.. that's why I said I'm not entirely sure how it should work against precision.
  • Options
    Seems to work both ways, only bot you can use against him that can prevent him from evading is hound. Alliance mates have said he is also prevent power drain. Which he isn't attacking in that case.
  • Options
    SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited June 2018
    Totherkins wrote: »
    Seems to work both ways, only bot you can use against him that can prevent him from evading is hound. Alliance mates have said he is also prevent power drain. Which he isn't attacking in that case.

Well, Hotrod is the bot that can Ignore Feral strike evasion as well.
    Power drain resistance is not part of feral strike, it's his passive ability in addition 10% energy resistance.
  • Options
    f0kk5n78ipcz.png
    Explain this, his bios don't mention it
  • Options
    But we can't say His focus don't help for eg.
    25% evade means evade on every fourth hit.
    15% evade means evade on every seventh hit.
    Yet many evade doesn't simply trigger.
    Most perfect precision are of arcee and hound, simply they can't evade
  • Options
    Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Manthro wrote: »

BEDMAS my man... 30% of 25% is approximately 9%, so it ends up being 25% - 9%. 30% of 36% is about 10%.
    You don't need brackets at all had you put it correctly:
    25% - 25% * 30% = 17.5%
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited June 2018
    f0kk5n78ipcz.png
    Explain this, his bios don't mention it

Maybe you don't have a duped Ramjet as it's in his Sig:
    for every Special Bonus Buff gained, the stun expires 10% faster.

>>25% evade means evade on every fourth hit. 15% evade means evade on every seventh hit.
    No it doesn't work like this, otherwise for every 100 PBC opened you're sure to have a 4*, which is not the case.
    25% evade means you're throwing a pyramid dice and hope for getting a 1. Statistically your have one chance of 4 but it doesn't mean on every fourth throw you'll get a 1.
  • Options
    Y2K wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »

You don't need brackets at all had you put it correctly:
    25% - 25% * 30% = 17.5%

Yeah, there's more than one way to get the right answer for that equation.
  • Options
    And I still remember the fight G1 bee in master Blaster Spotlight Boss, he had incredible CRIT damage buff.
    Once I managed to make two continuos combo we kinda got momentum.
    I got momentum to combo, dash combo, dash back, ranged, combo And He would use sp1 just as its available which I avoided by dash backs, or may be evades?, this continued till end of fight.
    He gather three CRIT rate and evade at start of fight which he kept till end.
    This kind of Perfect Fights happen once in a blue moon.
  • Options
    KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    wait out the feral buff
  • Options
    Waiting Feral buff isn't hard, this pain when you hit the hit of combo and he fills a power bar and then you realize **** is going to happen.
  • Options
    CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Yeah, isn't it great when he gets a Feral Strike buff that activates evade on the same hit that caused it, which leaves you wide open for an S1 that deletes your health bar?
    I'm not bitter about getting one-shotted, I swear.
  • Options
    CandKane wrote: »
    Yeah, isn't it great when he gets a Feral Strike buff that activates evade on the same hit that caused it, which leaves you wide open for an S1 that deletes your health bar?
    I'm not bitter about getting one-shotted, I swear.

When Cheetor gains a bar of power, the strategy is simple. Throw ONE more melee hit in the combo, which usually forces an evade, then dash back out of the way.

It's actually really easy to avoid his feral strike.