Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Blaster is entirely SUPERIOR to Soundwave?

I have been playing since Blaster was released and I think Blaster is the strongest Tech with his very fast second special attack and his Interference Ability. While Soundwave hardly ever touch me, Blaster made me struggle to win

Comments

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Yea, Soundwave is underpowered now. He was a meta, but since the introduction of Geewun Bee and Blaster (way better power gainers), he has become stale. Some may argue that Soundwave is still "God tier" for his power gain. Other bots have power gain and their own good abilities (Geewun Bee has crit rate increase and shield break), what does SW have? A ranged reflect buff that barely procs? Ha
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Soundwave's nerfed heavy still makes him superior than Blaster.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Yeah Soundwave is still quick with that heavy
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Yea, Soundwave is underpowered now. He was a meta, but since the introduction of Geewun Bee and Blaster (way better power gainers), he has become stale. Some may argue that Soundwave is still "God tier" for his power gain. Other bots have power gain and their own good abilities (Geewun Bee has crit rate increase and shield break), what does SW have? A ranged reflect buff that barely procs? Ha

G1 Bee absolutely rips trough Soundwave, chain laying S1 until he’s down.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Yeah,With coming of new bots and. MODs , avoiding attacks by just Dash back sidestep is getting harder for ranged attack. You now need Super Attacks for quick finish fights.
    With three inference on, it is easier to be saved if you are shooting and opponent sidesteps and counterattack.
    Blaster is best tech for those who are excellent at offense but their defense skills are not much.,like ME,.
    It just happens that while I'm maintaining a high combo, I just get caught in the act, it cause a lot pain, even more if they are throwing special.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    With prowl, just drain him to zero twice or thrice, his power gain will be funny to see how many years it will take to fill a bar :D:D
  • DaveJL wrote: »
    Gunz0 wrote: »

What do you mean it barely procs? It procs every time he fills a power bar - it's reliable, controllable and easy to time, as it runs out just as he fills another power bar if you have his power gain on.

You've clearly not got a high enough sig Soundwave to see the absolute havoc he can wreak on ranged bots either... Those waspinators with ranged buffs? They kill themselves.

Pair Soundwave with OG Mega and Shockwave and you've got another holy trinity. He also has the hardest heavy to evade in the game if you are backed up and the most reliable heavy for hitting the AI.

Seriously, he's God tier and he is better than Blaster for sure.
    Thank you. Some one who sees how good soundwave is. I only have him as a 3* (and any moment i get i will snag him as a 4*) and when i use him in arenas against r5 megatrons he wrecks.

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    soundwaves inferior now