Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Tired of overheating after 2 AM fights. What devices have been tried and tested by Kabam developers?

Bottom line. Your developers will never address the overheating issues, perhaps because the game requirements are more than the average device can handle for an extended period of time, or because they just dont know how.

I am not asking about troubleshooting it...
I am not asking the community what everyone else uses...

I am asking quite simply, what do KABAM developers recommend. I am not asking for specs.

I am asking for specific devices (brands/models) that have been tested repeatedly by Kabam development or whoever does testing at Kabam as certifiably successful on playing without dealing with overheating which then inevitably leads to lagging and crashing mid-fight.

If u won’t fix the issue at least tell us what devices run flawless or near flawless without encountering that issue.

I mean the way i figure it, kabam never would have put out a game that wasn't at least fully successful on the devices they tested on. I wanna know what devices those are.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    massimo51 wrote: »
    Bottom line. Your developers will never address the overheating issues, perhaps because the game requirements are more than the average device can handle for an extended period of time, or because they just dont know how.

I am not asking about troubleshooting it...
    I am not asking the community what everyone else uses...

I am asking quite simply, what do KABAM developers recommend. I am not asking for specs.

I am asking for specific devices (brands/models) that have been tested repeatedly by Kabam development or whoever does testing at Kabam as certifiably successful on playing without dealing with overheating which then inevitably leads to lagging and crashing mid-fight.

If u won’t fix the issue at least tell us what devices run flawless or near flawless without encountering that issue.

I mean the way i figure it, kabam never would have put out a game that wasn't at least fully successful on the devices they tested on. I wanna know what devices those are.

This is not specifically accurate.
    Weirdly, mid-tier to high end (SD625, 801, 805, 810, 820 and iPhones in general) tend to run the game on HIGH settings, thus the complaints from Moto G5 Plus, Moto Z, Samsung S7 & iPhone 7, 8, X users of overheating, crashes, etc.
    Entry level phones with MTK or RK processors run just fine!
  • Options
    May be the developers run this game on some low-end device and just guess what happens when they turn up the goodies on the high end phones?

I think the reality is they know it overheats on better devices but they don’t care - the push is to make the game as pretty as possible to stand out and lure new players in. At the start when you’re doing low-end content and fights last 15 seconds it won’t matter about the overheating. And by the time you’re getting to the harder content you’re too heavily invested (in what is actually a very good game) to give up so you keep soldiering on.

We all know the game has different graphics levels as different devices offer differing levels of effects. So they’ve already done the hard work in coding the game to account for different devices. What I can’t understand is why Kabam don’t offer a way to dial down or switch off these effects of what the players want is smoother gameplay and better battery life rather than eye candy.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    lilbeastie wrote: »
    May be the developers run this game on some low-end device and just guess what happens when they turn up the goodies on the high end phones?

I think the reality is they know it overheats on better devices but they don’t care - the push is to make the game as pretty as possible to stand out and lure new players in. At the start when you’re doing low-end content and fights last 15 seconds it won’t matter about the overheating. And by the time you’re getting to the harder content you’re too heavily invested (in what is actually a very good game) to give up so you keep soldiering on.

We all know the game has different graphics levels as different devices offer differing levels of effects. So they’ve already done the hard work in coding the game to account for different devices. What I can’t understand is why Kabam don’t offer a way to dial down or switch off these effects of what the players want is smoother gameplay and better battery life rather than eye candy.

That seems too obvious!
    People have been asking for a graphical setting since i joined in late March.
    Really sounds like a simple fix, @Kabam Miike .
    C'mon guys!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I've tried this game on the following:
    1. Nexus 6 (ugh)
    2. Moto Z Play (crash galore)
    3. Moto G5S Plus (crashes since 6.0+)
    4. Moto Z Force (fine, but battery hog)
    5. Moto E⁴ Plus (fine, but long loading times)
    6. Moto C Plus (good, but loading times)
    7. Moto X4 (excellent)
    8. Moto E5 Plus (decent)
    9. Moto Z2 Play (fine)
    10. Moto Z2 Force (excellent, but battery life)
    11. Moto Droid Turbo 2 (decent up till 6.0)
    12. iPad Pro 12.9 (overheats after 4 fights in AM)
    13. iPhone 8+ (overheats after 3 fights in Spotlight)
    14. Razer Phone (excellent, but battery life)

Out of all of these, I've stuck to the $80 Moto C Plus for my daily grind.
    Great battery life, but low GUI settings; which is a good trade off.
  • Options
    I'm running Samsung S9. High end graphics and no over heating.
  • Options
    Best bet is to buy an Ipad or another tablet to play on. Loads of surface area for cooling which is the main issue. I only play mainly on iPad now, some may say that it's not good for playing on the go and that is somewhat true. Sometimes I will have to resort to my phone when I'm out but that is usually only when absolutely necessary. And in them cases I'll most likely be in my car so I'll be blasting the A/C at my phone😂
  • Options
    Hopefully this game runs smooth on the new iPhone Xs - iPhone Xs Max - iPhone Xr
  • Options
    SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    jonezyx wrote: »
    Best bet is to buy an Ipad or another tablet to play on. Loads of surface area for cooling which is the main issue. I only play mainly on iPad now, some may say that it's not good for playing on the go and that is somewhat true. Sometimes I will have to resort to my phone when I'm out but that is usually only when absolutely necessary. And in them cases I'll most likely be in my car so I'll be blasting the A/C at my phone😂

Normally I would agree with you however my iPad Pro 10.5 may not burn up like other devices, it still suffers from input lag after a high end fight or two, swiping and the bots don't move, tapping and the bot either blocks or does nothing etc. There's lots of surface area that doesn't heat the device up as much, but it still suffers similar symptoms.
  • Options
    Hi There,

This is about a lot more than just "what device to use". For instance, a few of us here (me included) use an iPhone 7plus. Some of us will notice this heating and lag, while others will not. I have personally witnessed the heating, but lag is much rarer for me, and I've never personally had any control input issues.

We're continuously working on improving the performance on all devices, but if you can give us information on your device (Model Number is always very helpful), we can look into what might be causing the issues on a device by device basis.
  • Options
    ÆnigmaÆnigma Posts: 296
    Hi There,

This is about a lot more than just "what device to use". For instance, a few of us here (me included) use an iPhone 7plus. Some of us will notice this heating and lag, while others will not. I have personally witnessed the heating, but lag is much rarer for me, and I've never personally had any control input issues.

We're continuously working on improving the performance on all devices, but if you can give us information on your device (Model Number is always very helpful), we can look into what might be causing the issues on a device by device basis.

I also use a 7+ and I get EXTREME amount of lag and now I even get lag spikes in middle of fighting which makes playing very difficult when it shouldn't be.

This is also causes us to use a lot more items and energon then necessary.

I can understand kabam is still looking into these issues but it's been over a year and a half and we don't see any improvements in the performance.
  • Options
    I actually just remembered my phone heats up when spinning crystals and then starts lagging as well. Seems odd.
  • Options
    willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    edited September 2018
    OnePlus 6 ($550) runs amazingly well.
    It has a Snapdragon 845 and 6 or 8gb of RAM (Same as S9, Note9, LG G7, LG V40, other 2018 flagships)
    But only a 1080x1920 screen (Half the pixels, for better performance and battery life)
    And it also boasts the fastest wired charging of any phone on the market.
    This phone only works for AT&T and T-Mobile though, not Verizon or Sprint.
    https://www.oneplus.com/6
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Hi There,

Once it gets hot to the point it is too hot, that is when the lag and input problems start. I think you need to just play a little longer.

I don't get any issues with a 7+ until it gets too hot.

With my gen 5 ipad, it generally runs ok except for input issues and temporary freezes. So for example, I may think I've swiped to dodge and it will dash in. I'm guessing it's something to do with the screen size - maybe my swipe up is more of a diagnol and is more pronounced due to screen size and the input area.

On my Huawei P20 Pro - good resolution, no overheating, no lag as such and it runs ok, but it feels like it has a tiny bit of latency. It doesn't feel as smooth as ios. Very much the same as mcoc suffered from terrible loading times on android but none in ios. The gfx aren't quite as good, but the high resolution really makes up for it.
  • Options
    WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    Just give us the option to turn off the moving background and all the other eye candy background objects. That takes unnessasary processing power for stuff we have to record and watch after a fight to actually appreciate. I don’t understand why we can’t have that.
  • Options
    0VERKILL0VERKILL Posts: 75
    edited September 2018
    This may seem like a corny work-around (and agreed, one that shouldn't be necessary), and I'm sure a lot of people will refuse to do it, but if you're really sick of overheating and the resulting problems, this is the best way to go until Kabam comes up with real solutions.

2zgdh0yli6xi.jpg

They come in a variety of sizes so you can find one to fit any device from a phone to the biggest tablets, they don't actually freeze so you don't have to worry about ice, they stay cold for up to an hour, they have soft thick outer material (that is made to protect skin) so it won't damage your device, they are generally leak-proof, and they are super cheap so you can buy 2 and always have a cold one ready when the first one warms up if you're going on a long playtime binge. Any Walgreens or general drug store will have tons of them.

Just strap it to the back of your phone with a couple of rubber bands or Velcro straps, or you can even use those reusable double-sided peel-and-stick strips. If you're using a tablet then just lay it on whatever surface you lay your tablet on and place the tablet on top of it.

Sure it may seem silly, but until a fix comes out, do you got a better idea?
  • Options
    Yeah, our AC in our apartment isn't great, and this summer was very hot, bringing our indoor temp to around 75-80 F on the hottest days. Before I bought my new phone, I did actually use an ice pack, just laid my phone on top of it and it really worked well for an hour or so... If you had two you could be using one while the other is freezing.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    0VERKILL wrote: »
    2zgdh0yli6xi.jpg

I’m surprised Kabam hasn’t started selling phone cases made out of this.
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited September 2018
    0VERKILL wrote: »
    Sure it may seem silly, but until a fix comes out, do you got a better idea?

I do the same thing. i use a Mcdavid gel pack that i use for my shoulder when playing sports. Esports is a big thing now..i guess this can apply :smirk:

i found it quicker to cool the back of the phone then flip it to cool the screen... they will dissipate all the heat within the phone. it's the only way I can do a AM run after a bunch of arenas on my Iphone without having to wait 30 or so minutes for it to cool naturally
  • Options
    Try playing in battery saver mode. It turns off background processes, and makes a big difference for me in both heat and stutters.
  • Options
    splendic wrote: »
    Try playing in battery saver mode. It turns off background processes, and makes a big difference for me in both heat and stutters.

Doesn't do anything for me
  • Options
    We are MacGuyver'ng our massively powerful pocket phones to run something that does JUST FINE on a $80, Motorola Moto C Plus with it's earth-shattering 1.3GHz quadcore MediaTek MTK6737M.
    All while giving no FCs, plus 8% battery usage per HOUR of F2F.
    What's that say about software optimization on DECENT hardware?
  • Options
    For this version 7.0; the only device that runs the game well is the iPhone XX Supreme.

But it will only be released in 10 years.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike you address the fact there is an issue but avoid commenting on a graphic setting. Is there any reason there cant be a setting in game to change the graphics manually? so many other games already have this option.

thanks