Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Transformers vs. GI Joe

Transformers vs. GI Joe 24 votes

It’s happening!
29%
French_BakerDrShotgunBodyopus79VavatronBlackRazakSlayerSycko5 7 votes
False hope... never gonna happen.
70%
BeastdadRaptor22Barricade1776serdoodTracked_SignalBntyhntr3232_Jazz444CeltHungarrScarredArachnid333OptimalOptimus_MV1DeadMemeBoiKittenNorthernLightRCsinatraJKINHijacker2531 17 votes

Comments

• VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited February 2019
    It’s happening!
    I’m convinced this is happening.

My home office:

obo1ry7ssrvo.jpeg
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    M8.

I’m still trying to figure out whether this is a joke or not.
    edited February 2019
    It’s happening!
    atchmerbpqm6.jpeg

From earlier.

q82pq6fmg4nb.jpeg
  • Starscream vs cobra comander
    It’s happening!
    ...also G.I. Joe memes are most NSFW.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited February 2019
    I never really liked how Transformers and G.I. Joe interacted (from what I've heard). In all of their crossovers, the Transformers always get the short end of the stick, despite the fact that they're more powerful. In one Bumblebee instantly dies. In another Cobra Commander is bossing Megatron. And in another, all of the Transformers die because the Matrix of Leadership was destroyed by Snake Eyes.

I like G.I. Joe, but would prefer if it was just Transformers.

And I will confess, I want the Predacons to be added before another Franchise is added.
  • False hope... never gonna happen.
    "Knowing is half the battle" was part of the 'how to be a good person' shorts that were shown at the end of GI Joe AND Transformers cartoons in the eighties (amongst others). (I specifically remember one with Tracks, telling kids not to steal cars)
    I'm guessing Miike was just referencing this rather than teasing introducing GI Joe. At lot of the 'Generation 2' Transformers stuff (like Megatron being a tank) has been retconned into Generations anyway.
  • "Knowing is half the battle" was part of the 'how to be a good person' shorts that were shown at the end of GI Joe AND Transformers cartoons in the eighties (amongst others). (I specifically remember one with Tracks, telling kids not to steal cars)
    I'm guessing Miike was just referencing this rather than teasing introducing GI Joe. At lot of the 'Generation 2' Transformers stuff (like Megatron being a tank) has been retconned into Generations anyway.

So it sounds like it was a Hasbro thing. I'm cool with that. I know those little PSAs stick with you because I still remember most of them. And also, all of the show theme songs are burned into my brain. Gummy Bears is probably the GOAT.
    It’s happening!
    Big Gummy Bears fan... series finally was monumental.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited February 2019
    I think it's only just a reference to the yo Joe! PSA and all. I'm guessing he's saying the job (or the fight) is half the battle. The other half, knowing, is the part he is posting about and sharing mastery tips will help fill that half.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    It’s happening!
    Vavatron wrote: »
    Big Gummy Bears fan... series finally was monumental.

I'm pretty sure most women in Hip-hop are HUGE Gummy Bears fans.
    Well, looks like it
    edited February 2019
    It’s happening!
    Newsflash:

My Little Pony teaches little girls about tramp stamps, on the arse.

Gummy Bears literally invented booty awareness/appreciation/power.

I have no idea where this is going
  • I watched Gummy Bears back in the day mostly because I remember Gruffy (the tough gummy) not just looking (same colors, I think) like Brawn but acting like him, and Gruffy was voiced by Corey Burton too!

And speaking of Brawn (sly segue):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbUirkulDIM

Bring him in the game for next month's, or March's bot! Plus that clip has two awesome catchphrases for activating his specials, "I don't take so easy!", "Prepare for a very large headache!" Lol!
    edited February 2019
    It’s happening!
    More to the story...

yntfrvku2hk1.jpeg
    edited February 2019
    It’s happening!
    Paramount Would Be Smart To Build A ‘Transformers’ & ‘G.I. Joe’ Cinematic Universe

https://heroichollywood.com/transformers-gi-joe-crossover/

Notable quote...

“Agent Burns (from BumbleBee Movie) could really be an alias of Conrad “Duke” Hauser.”
    It’s happening!
    Best GI Joe story ever

https://youtu.be/GbANBxbmLfw
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited February 2019
    It’s happening!
    Hasbro would be smart to make this happen. Pulling TWO of the most successful 80s franchises into one game?Kabam might as well just start printing their own money.
    Plus GI Joe:Ever Vigilant will be in theaters in 2020.
    Nevah knowwww
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited February 2019
    If this happens I guess it’s ok, but G.I.Joe wouldn’t be able to fight against a robot
    Any human could never fight a robot, especially a Transformer
    It would definitely be best to stick with Transformers this is my opinion
    Captain Lennox would say you shoot ‘em in the nether regions. All it takes is basically one shot.
  • I never really liked how Transformers and G.I. Joe interacted (from what I've heard). In all of their crossovers, the Transformers always get the short end of the stick, despite the fact that they're more powerful. In one Bumblebee instantly dies. In another Cobra Commander is bossing Megatron. And in another, all of the Transformers die because the Matrix of Leadership was destroyed by Snake Eyes.

I like G.I. Joe, but would prefer if it was just Transformers.

And I will confess, I want the Predacons to be added before another Franchise is added.

As much as i love your ideas vav, im gonna have to agree on this. From what i have heard from the comics, the transformers always get sh*tted on. I would much prefer to see another game from kabam that is probably called 80’s brawl or something. That way we can have G.I joe, transformers, gundam, he man, voltron marvel, dc and all 80’s cartoon characters. That would be good

As much as i love your ideas vav, im gonna have to agree on this. From what i have heard from the comics, the transformers always get sh*tted on. I would much prefer to see another game from kabam that is probably called 80’s brawl or something. That way we can have G.I joe, transformers, gundam, he man, voltron marvel, dc and all 80’s cartoon characters. That would be good

You said Gundam, I’m in.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    It’s happening!
    If it happened it would have to be a different game mode, or it be human vs human and bot vs bot only. Like the old 1/2* & 3/4* arenas of the olden days.
    It’s happening!
    Or they could just bring in a story line about cobra harnessing alien tech by cooperating with the Decepticons.
    It’s happening!
    Again, from my other post, Black Widow beating Thanos with punches and kicks is far more ludicrous than Destro hurting BumbleBee.
    It’s happening!
    ly74jhzrap50.jpeg

hlz4w0dij32k.jpeg

4d2cgryau0v9.jpeg
  • JmdJmd Posts: 45
    edited February 2019
    The daughter of Flint and Lady Jaye is already in this game, so why not bring in Old Snake too? ^_^
  • False hope... never gonna happen.
    I personally hope it doesn't happen...it should be a separate game