Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What triggers arena "easy streak"?

ReworkRework Posts: 122
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
I wasn't sure this even existed anymore, but triggered this a few weeks ago on battle 16 or so... But haven't gotten it to happen since.

I remember it used to start after a 15 streak, but there's clearly more to it than just that. Anyone know what else it takes?

Or is it just random?

Comments

• asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    At around 15 or 16 or so streak you "break through." The term was coined in mcoc. You'll see megatronus and Optimus teams there, then you'll draw easy teams from there on out as long as you run a strong enough squad. If you run a weak enough squad you'll draw a death squad again.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    asparagus wrote: »
    At around 15 or 16 or so streak you "break through." The term was coined in mcoc. You'll see megatronus and Optimus teams there, then you'll draw easy teams from there on out as long as you run a strong enough squad. If you run a weak enough squad you'll draw a death squad again.

Is 15/16 only point??Or it recycled every 15/16 streak?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited April 2019
    asparagus wrote: »

I think if you run a team of 4/40 4 stars and above you should be good. Not sharks though. I had a team of 4/40 sharks and then got Jay32.
    Does it refresh at 30, 60... rounds?
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    It's one point. Once you "break through," as long as you run a strong enough team you'll only face easier squads, but also, at a certain point, a.i. strength increases. Darmok mentioned that he ran into a jay32 death squad running 4/40 sharks. Sharks have lower p.i. That's probably what triggered it. As people get stronger teams, the minimum threshold requirement to draw easy teams will increase. Its a cool setup because once you "break through" you can either run strong teams for easy matchups and easy points or run a weak team and draw a death squad for a nice challenge.
  • You can face easy opponents from serie 11 if you can align a 15k team till serie 15.
    Series 16 and 17 require 5r2 or 4r5 I think.
    After that you can use the usual "strong enough" teams.

Note that if I remember well, teams of "min" bots also face opponents that are easy to defeat till serie 15.
    This reset mechanic is just so wierd.

Have no idea how it works

Have no idea how people runs 200 win streaks
  • Once you get win 15, you trigger the 'easy streak'. However, I believe you need to run a really strong squad for fights 16 - 18/19/20 (not sure of the exact match as I haven't fully tested).
    From the 20th (approx) fight onwards if you run a squad of 3 bots of 2,500 rating or more you should get an easy match-up (so 4* Rank 4/40, or 5* Rank 1/10 or higher).
    I have noticed if I run a squad of that strength in the 16-20th fight they hit a death squad though, but I don't have that problem if I run my top bots of 3,800ish upwards (4*R5/50, 5*R3/30) in those fights.
    I'm sure some others know more detail than that but I hope that helps. 🙂
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    I triggered it this past weekend in the Thundercracker 4* Arenas at a 5-win Arena Streak. Basically, my bots were Max 4*s at that point of the Challenge. Of course, after two Easy Arena wins, I had to use my Sharkticons which threw me back into Medium Matchups.
  • hoolienweehoolienwee Posts: 159
    For series 6 - 12, if ur team total rating is high enough, you will get easy streak like Megatron's or Optimus' team. My guess is 20k above as i have no strong enough 5* to test.

On 13 - 15, you will need min 15k, since i start getting medium matchup.

Then 16 - 20, you will need minimum 10k rating to get easy streak (at 10k, i start seeing medium matchup).
    Not sure of min rating from 21 onwards, as I never test.

The min rating is raised when global players start getting stronger 5* bots.

Example, last 2 week i get 3 medium matchup at series 13. Next week, i get 2 medium, 1 hard at series 13. But this week 1 medium, 2 hard teams.

This indicates min rating is start raising.
  • GungnirGungnir Posts: 81
    I genuinely had no Idea this was even a thing in the game.
  • Jhn314 wrote: »
    Last year, I have done some experiments on the arenas to collect data and to figure out how the system works. In a nutshell: the arena system always tries to find you a suitable opponent based on the total rating of your squad and a multiplier that depends on your streak.

For the first few rounds (streak 0 to 3), that multiplier is smaller than one, meaning you always get a lower rated opponent, i.e. an easy match-up. At streak 4 to 5, the multiplier is around one, giving you an opponent of roughly equal rating. Above that, the multiplier increases further, giving you progressively more difficult opponents as your streak increases. But since the enemy teams are always based on the teams that are used by actual players, with the increasing multiplier, you inevitably arrive at a point where the system can no longer find an opponent of sufficient difficulty for you. At that point, it gives you an opponent of roughly equal strength (i.e. multiplier one) instead. That is where the 'easy' streak starts.

If you only use max levelled bots with the maximum rank allowed in the arena (e.g. a team of maxed 4* in the 4* Thundercracker arena), that point is reached quickly, because significantly higher rated teams simply do not exist. A maxed team like that will always get an easy match-up in the appropriate arena.

In a 5* arena, this would be true for a team of fully levelled 5* bots as well, but of course, very few people have multiple bots like that at this point in the game. But together with the multiplier, we can use a team like that as an 'upper bound' to find when the easy streak will start for a lower rated team.

A fully maxed 5* team will have a rating of roughly 30k. Teams rated significantly higher are simply not possible in the game at this moment. In comparison, a fully maxed 4* team has a rating of roughly 14k, which means the maxed 5* team is about 30 / 14 = 2.14 times as strong. So, to know when that 4* team will get a guaranteed easy opponent, we need to find the point where the multiplier becomes higher than 2.14. From the data I found during my testing, I found this happens around streak 14, meaning from streak 15 and onwards a maxed 4* team will always get easy matches. And of course, this is no surprise, because we already knew this.

What I can do now however, is to use the upper bound of 30k and the multipliers I inferred to calculate the minimum team rating you need at any point in a streak to get an easy match-up. For example, a team of 19k rating will already get you a guaranteed easy match at streak 11. I use this to start my 'easy' streak earlier, by using my strongest bots between streak 11 and 14 in my arena runs, before switching to the maxed 4* teams at streak 15.

These are the multipliers I found, together with the minimum rating you would need for a guaranteed easy match at that streak:
    Streak - Multiplier - Recommended min rating for guaranteed easy
    0      -  0.6       -  (Any)
    1      -  0.7       -  (Any)
    2      -  0.8       -  (Any)
    3      -  0.9       -  (Any)
    4      -  1.0       -  (Any)
    5      -  1.1       -  27500
    6      -  1.2       -  25000
    7      -  1.3       -  23000
    8      -  1.4       -  21500
    9      -  1.5       -  20000
    10     -  1.6       -  19000
    11     -  1.75      -  17000
    12     -  1.9       -  16000
    13     -  2.1       -  15000
    14     -  2.2       -  14000
    15     -  2.4       -  12500
    16     -  2.8       -  11000
    17     -  2.9       -  10500
    18     -  3.0       -  10000

I did not collect any data for streak 19 and above, but as far as I can tell, the multiplier keeps increasing, so the minimum rating needed for easy keeps decreasing too.

Disclaimer: This list is based on my personal observation and interpretation of data during multiple arena runs. Multipliers and ratings are my best guesses based on that data, but always keep in mind that these may be wrong. There was considerable variation in the opponent team ratings in the game, so even when sticking to these minimum values, an easy match is not always guaranteed. Please use your own judgement and don't come here crying in case these values turned out to be wrong. Corrections and suggestions are always welcome, though.

Disclaimer 2: Also please keep in mind that this list is based on an assumed maximum team rating of about 30k (i.e. 3 fully maxed 5* bots). That should be fine for the current state of the game, but as soon as higher powered bots (e.g. 6*) are introduced, this list will no longer be valid.

My apologies for this long post, but I hope it may help some people!

You're a genius my friend.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    There are other factors to be accounted for based on @Jhn314 's wonderful research. For example, a team of three 5*'s will need less rating to meet easy teams. In short, the lower stars your team has, the higher the rating threshold becomes.

And the threshold drops further after 19, then after 40, wins.

Some other fact: if your fight the same opponent team with a same team of yours, it doesn't matter how you arrange the three fights. Advantage or not, the sum of round points will be the SAME.
  • hoolienweehoolienwee Posts: 159
    I presume the min rating excluding boost and synergy bonus?
  • ReworkRework Posts: 122
    Jhn314 wrote: »
    Last year, I have done some experiments on the arenas to collect data and to figure out how the system works. In a nutshell: the arena system always tries to find you a suitable opponent based on the total rating of your squad and a multiplier that depends on your streak. ...

Wow, great information. Triggered a streak at 15 this morning.
    Will try and do it earlier by saving my top 3 bots and see how it goes.

Thank you!