Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Demo Bot Choice? Ironhide vs. Megatronus

Ok, here's the setup: I've had a 5* Megatronus since he was first released. Never really used him much because my main team isn't a Demo team and my maxed out 4* Ironhide or Galvatron was better than my level 10, rank 1 Megatronus (unduped) and I've been slow as heck collecting demo sparks/ore for advancement.

When that Ironhide 5* crystal came out a few days ago, I had enough shards to get it (if it hadn't come out, it would have been just another spin on the regular 5* crystal). And I got that 5* Ironhide (unduped). With that Fog of War going on, I've got enough T3 Demo sparks to rank up one of my demos, so...Ironhide or Megatronus? Oh, and I also have one of the 5* awakening things to activate their sig. On the positive for Ironhide, I have a 4* maxed out Ironhide that I could also forge into the 5* to make him even a little more tougher. I do have a 4* Megatronus, but haven't done anything with him at all.

Also, I know a lot of players swear by Megatronus but he's not really uber to me. I can take him out pretty easy with anyone in my swordmaster team (even Dinobot, though not as easy) or my Tantrum. I know he's powerful and top tier, but I don't see him as the best bot on the roster either. Point is, I now have a choice between two good 5* Demos and would like some input.

Comments

• Iq2312Iq2312 Posts: 35
    G1 optimus is the best bot I would say
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Iq2312 wrote: »

Did you even read the post? He has demo sparks, not tact, which is why he is asking about demo bots.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    And personally, I would rank the bot that you would actually use, or fits best into your team. Megatronus is a much more versatile bot, but if you would never use him......
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited August 2019
    Look. If you make some effort, you can have two demo 4c sparks in this event since its yield outweighs all other classes. Then you'll not be troubled by this question.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Megatronus for sure. He can heal, thus will last a lot longer than ironhide. His damage is also pretty high and he has dark burn.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    Megatronus for sure. He can heal, thus will last a lot longer than ironhide. His damage is also pretty high and he has dark burn.

"pretty" high? Is there a bot that actually does more damage without DOT?

Megatronus without a doubt is the bot to rank up
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    I hate to say it, but Megatronus. I don’t like him either for a variety of reasons, but he’s certainly better than almost every other bot.

Naturally high health and damage, and he’s constantly boosting one or the other with his relics. Plus his armor break, dark burns, power steal and life steal are all very strong. And if he’s duped, he now counters everyone. Either they have weaker buffs/debuffs, or they can’t activate any. It’s arguably the best signature around and protects him from all of his “counters.” Whenever it’s some sort of choice between him and anyone else, pick Megatronus.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Break the cycle! Using Megatronus makes things easier and will make you soft!!
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Both and also take the time to learn Tronus. As others have mentioned, he has a lot of utility between his Dark Burn and heal (Master the SP2 repeat method).
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    You have Megatrounus from the start and didn’t use him? Well you should start sometime soon
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited August 2019
    Ironhide is the bot to rank up here.

Because:
    Megatronus doesn't need to be duped.
    Ironhide is a special critting MONSTER duped .
    Looking at megatronus's special damage, it's not AMAZING, as ironhide is better in special damage.
    Ironhide crits and burns on every heavy.

Both bots are fantastic, they both deal a good amount of damage and are one of the best demos out where. but for me personally, i would rank up megatronus if ironhide wasn't duped. Otherwise i would probably do ironhide. But it's your choice in the end.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Ironhide is the bot to rank up here.

Because:
    Megatronus doesn't need to be duped.
    Ironhide is a special critting MONSTER duped .
    Looking at megatronus's special damage, it's not AMAZING, as ironhide is better in special damage.
    Ironhide crits and burns on every heavy.

Both bots are fantastic, they both deal a good amount of damage and are one of the best demos out where. but for me personally, i would rank up megatronus if ironhide wasn't duped. Otherwise i would probably do ironhide. But it's your choice in the end.

Meanwhile Megatronus just has quite a lot of utility, what with healing, damage capping and 10 seconds of invincibility.
    Really whichever in the end because I acknowledge both
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    edited August 2019
    Nightpath: Its not that I wouldn't use Megatronus, or Ironhide, its just that my 3 and 5 bot teams both don't have Demo spots. I can sub in my maxed 4* Galvatron or Ironhide right now if I need a Demo, but since I landed this 5* Ironhide a few days ago, I'm actually considering using a Demo more and getting up to speed on them.

DaveJL: Actually, with Bludgeon, I can outdamage Megatronus pretty easily and have done anywhere from 11-27k on heavy attacks, and on basic attacks, I've popped out single hits over 30k damage, and did over 60k damage on an sp2 if I remember right and Galvatron seems to out-Dark Burn Megatronus. That said, I otherwise agree that he is one of the heaviest hitters in the game.

BaRdYaAmN: I like the way you think!

OptimalOptimus_MV1: Neither are duped, but like I stated, I have an awakening thing that I can use on whichever one I decide to rank up. I'm kinda confused by your response. You start by saying Ironhide, finish by saying Megatronus and in the middle give reasons for both.

And I will say its kinda tough decision for me as Ironhide was one of my first bots starting the game and I got good with him early on--my son's first draw was literally a 4* Ironhide, I was so jealous at the time! And admittedly, he's the only Bayverse Transformer that I do like. If not for that, it'd be Megatronus just because he's the G1-ish one of the two. I do recognize Megatronus' versatility, which is also why its a tough decision for me.
  • Iq2312 wrote: »

Too bad he ain’t a demo
  • Just to add another perspective, I'd pick Megatronus because he is more fun to play.

Ironhide is fun too, it feels good when his sig activates during an SP2. But I feel that he is a bit too straightforward to use.

On the other hand, because of his utilities (as others have mentioned), you can be a bit more creative with Megatronus. I only have a 4 star, so I pair him with my 5 star techs, and it's somehow kind of like playing as Robotronus.
  • @Halloweendm what i meant is that ironhide is the better choice when duped. I didn't tell you to rank up tronus after i gave reasons as to why you should do Ironhide instead, i only explained which i would rank up, as an unduped ironhide does way less special crit damage than a duped one, thus making IH not better than tronus until he is duped. In conclusion, Megatronus has a lot of utility, but ironhide is better if you use him more for damage.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    edited August 2019
    x92yaw53ykw2.jpeg
    Yes IH crits more often if duped but not that much more. He crits more when damaged. His awakened ability is the obliteration damage once per fight. I love IH but seriously Megatronous has way more utility.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited August 2019
    No, his sig doesn't contribute to his crit rate.
    I'd say if your fights are done within 50 hits, go with IH. But Tronus' damage is more constant when enemies have a lot of damage reducing tricks.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Something I haven't seen mentioned alot, megatronus gains power without doing anything as well. Could just dance your way to an sp3 and never land or receive a hit. Not that it makes him better as I like both bots mind you but being able to gain power like that is worth anything.
  • Alright, I've made my choice and I'll go with Megatronus, and unlock his sig too since I have a few 5* demo programs laying around to upgrade his sig once its unlocked. Thanks to everyone who responded, I appreciate the advice and opinions. And I'll start working him into my play and practicing more with him.