Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The last knight challenge, how and how much

Hello guys, I wanted to ask who managed to complete de 4* challenge. I managed to finish the first 2 chapters but in the 3 rd bots where allready 3500+! I was very thrilled when the rewards where announced and I was very eager to use that T2 Alpha Spark on my Optimus.
This is the reason why I am probably so dissapointed now, because I was thinking that this event is meant to help people that are in lower bracket alliances to have acces to 1(one as in "not 2 but 1") T2 Alpha Spark. Clearly that is not the point, 7k bots in chapter 4 I think is just... no words.
As a huge fan of the transformers univers and mmo at the same time, I embraced this game and sometimes I really had alot of fun, but this event really started me thinking about the fact that the game is not fun anymore, so in a final attempt to overcome my toughts of deleting the game and leave this community I ask you all, with what teams and how much energon did you spend in order to finish and get the Spark!

Thank you very much for the answers, I uploaded a picture with my best team.

Honest regards, Bogdan7x9c9dsndfuf.png

Comments

• From the very first announcement Miike has said that completing this event is not for everyone. Your team is maybe just above average? Keep on grinding for those T3b's to upgrade 4*s. You have plenty of room to grow before requiring T2a, and by the time you do, I'm sure they'll be more available.
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Dircules wrote: »
    From the very first announcement Miike has said that completing this event is not for everyone. Your team is maybe just above average? Keep on grinding for those T3b's to upgrade 4*s. You have plenty of room to grow before requiring T2a, and by the time you do, I'm sure they'll be more available.

Exactly. You have a good team brewing, just spend a bit more time on your 4* bots and use your 3* bots (if you have the roster to do so), as forging material without totally killing your arena teams.

I would imagine that by year's end, we'll be at the point of 5* bots being introduced and the 3* bots will be looked at like we look at 2* bots now.

Also, @Kabam Miike with these new mods in the Prime Challenge, you have some Fantastic "Mastery" ideas. Like the Light Attack that you recover health... ;)

• TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    edited September 2017
    Dream team

Duped grimlock
    Duped og
    Ratchet
    Wb
    Mirage

Team I used

Mv1 r3
    Og(unduped) r3
    Mirage r4
    Bc r3
    Wb or IH r2

600 energon so far. Got 3 rounds left.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    If you thought that the 4* challenge was for lower bracket players, you didn't read the Announcement.

Truth is, even players with 5x rank 3 4* bots will have some trouble completing the challenge, mostly because the mod/bot pairings are heinous... I applaud kabam for pairing bee w/ absorb ranged, absolutely hilariously maddening, lol!
  • Totherkins wrote: »
    Dream team

Duped grimlock
    Duped og
    Ratchet
    Wb
    Mirage

Team I used

Mv1 r3
    Og(unduped) r3
    Mirage r4
    Bc r3
    Wb or IH r2

3 rounds you mean 22/23/24? Thanks for thw info
  • Manthro wrote: »
    If you thought that the 4* challenge was for lower bracket players, you didn't read the Announcement.

Truth is, even players with 5x rank 3 4* bots will have some trouble completing the challenge, mostly because the mod/bot pairings are heinous... I applaud kabam for pairing bee w/ absorb ranged, absolutely hilariously maddening, lol!

Hello man,

I don't consider this an event for upper bracket players, because the reward is for mid bracket players. I have 7 4* Bots and I am in a small alliance with good friends. They don't have the amount of time or level of commitment as I have, so for us to get food rewards from Alliance mission is imposible. We play level 10 AQ, and also I will not abandon my feiwnds, who I am having fun with for some big alliance. Thats why I consider that players like me must have the xhance, even if its 2 times a year to forward in the game by themselfes.

Upper bracket reward would have been the spark need to fo from r4 to r5, in my opinion. I would never even consider getting that from an event, but the T2 Alpha hits closer to home
  • WunWun420 wrote: »
    Totherkins wrote: »
    Dream team

Duped grimlock
    Duped og
    Ratchet
    Wb
    Mirage

Team I used

Mv1 r3
    Og(unduped) r3
    Mirage r4
    Bc r3
    Wb or IH r2

3 rounds you mean 22/23/24? Thanks for thw info

Yes 22,23, 24 it's doable with r3s. You're gonna have to use energon though or have been touched by Bruce Lee.
  • Even doable with r2 or r4 3 stars but you're gonna be looking at over a grim or so. If you think this reward is worth it, go for it t2as are rare atm and no clue when they'll be available for the majority of the community to farm.
    edited September 2017
    WunWun420 wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »

Hello man,

I don't consider this an event for upper bracket players, because the reward is for mid bracket players. I have 7 4* Bots and I am in a small alliance with good friends. They don't have the amount of time or level of commitment as I have, so for us to get food rewards from Alliance mission is imposible. We play level 10 AQ, and also I will not abandon my feiwnds, who I am having fun with for some big alliance. Thats why I consider that players like me must have the xhance, even if its 2 times a year to forward in the game by themselfes.

Upper bracket reward would have been the spark need to fo from r4 to r5, in my opinion. I would never even consider getting that from an event, but the T2 Alpha hits closer to home

The biggest problem with lowering the requirements to finish content is simply this:

If it's easier for the more casual players, the top players will still get those same rewards, and you don't catch up anyway. Then, if they provide even harder content with the t3 class sparks needed for r5, the same casual players will complain they aren't getting access to those resources, and the top players widen the gap even further.

It's never enough, unfortunately.

At least this way, the upper-mid to top class players get resources that will either expand their bot choices for missions, or get them to that next level while still restricting their progress a bit (rank 4)

If you've ever chatted with players in a top alliance, you would come to realize that they really didn't get ahead in beta all that much. I'm a beta player, I know this firsthand.

The amount of money these guys spend to get to the top and stay there is borderline crazy. I'm a very light spender and I'm in a top alliance. I have 4 3/30 4* bots and I have trouble fighting in alliance missions at the difficulty they set. If I don't improve my skills (it's doable with ninja thumbs) the energon I farm in game won't be enough to keep up.

I accept the fact that I may need to step down if I can't pull my weight, which means resources aren't as plentiful.

Keep in mind these guys aren't getting a t2A per week. It takes a long time to farm those, and they spent hundreds, if not thousands, to complete ROK and get a leg up on resources for ranking bots.

To simply hand those materials to everyone would be a slap in the face to those who dropped the $. I'm sure kabam will open it up, but they need time to enjoy the benefits and exclusivity of what they earned for a while.

This is why kabam chopped up the reward payouts across multiple chapters instead of end loading them, so you could still earn a decent amount for trying to get as far as you can. It's the same rationale for how AM rewards are now paid out.
  • NeoNeo Posts: 21
    IMO

MotorMaster-Grimlock-IronHide(dp)
    Optimus OG and one Tech...Soundwave perhaps?

All R3 at least.
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 222
    edited September 2017
    Neo wrote: »
    IMO

MotorMaster-Grimlock-IronHide(dp)
    Optimus OG and one Tech...Soundwave perhaps?

All R3 at least.

I would prefer mv1 over mm.mine r4 3* mv1 defeat warrior bots in ch3 without dying thanks to his SIG ability too,one sp2 or s3 saved and opponent dead.
  • I call BS. I'm bitter.
  • How many times did they say this event was hard and not for everyone? God, I lost count I think. Enjoy life, it's silly to get this upset over any game.
    I don't understand...

If you got to the point of the challenge where you had to spend that much to complete a battle, that's when you're supposed to stop...

Also... The nice part about the challenge missions is that you can quit and start again if you have a bad round. All it costs is mission energy.
  • the event is too hard at medium too. I know players that can benefit from tier1 alpha spark but are having a brutal time trying to complete 3*. and they are using maxed 3* bots. I'm not convinced the rewards are a good enough fit to the difficulty. maybe it would be more fun if the BS AI didn't hold onto its special until S3.
  • Surprised Kabam isn't selling that mod the medium difficulty bots at the end have. Probably make a killing if they did. I know it's not supposed to be easy, but until now I've only had problems with the max difficulty events. At this rate I'll need 4 stars just to do the basic difficulty in the future.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I beat it with:

Three r3 4 stars (OG, IH, and Soundwave) and two r4, max forged 3 stars (MV1 and BC)

Any bot using DoT (burn, bleed, shock) is a must have to complete this (unless you just have mad skills).

Use IH on the shock-block mod and the mod that generates power for the enemy when they're hit with a heavy (IH's ranged heavy won't trigger the mod). Other than that, it's just a grind (especially chapter 4). That last Bumblebee is probably the toughest because he's so hard to hit, but he's first, so you can always just restart if you flub the fight. I found the final boss (MV1) and Drift before him to actually be some of the easier bots in the game, so there's that.

Good luck everyone!
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    edited September 2017
    I just beat it cost 1000(ish) energon. Honestly would've cost less if I ranked up Ih sooner.
  • Guys, the bottom line is, this event probably isn't going to reward you your first of anything. If you've never acquired any t2a essence before now, this is probably not going to be your savior. If you haven't acquired a tier 1 alpha yet, don't expect to finish the 3* challenge.

This is not like the other events. It is meant to be a challenge you can be proud of completing, and a rewarding one at that.

Further, in this type of game you should never expect to get your first r4 before you have at least several r3s. It's just the way the game goes. There are exceptions for the very skilled, but in general you will have to form a "base" of bots at one level to go up to the next level.
  • you are correct. we have to accept that it is not a rank up event. that's why I'm disappointed. I think we were all hoping it would be a good way to get rank up materials. the AI is so dang hard though.
    Synthwave wrote: »
    I beat it with:

Three r3 4 stars (OG, IH, and Soundwave) and two r4, max forged 3 stars (MV1 and BC)

Any bot using DoT (burn, bleed, shock) is a must have to complete this (unless you just have mad skills).

Use IH on the shock-block mod and the mod that generates power for the enemy when they're hit with a heavy (IH's ranged heavy won't trigger the mod). Other than that, it's just a grind (especially chapter 4). That last Bumblebee is probably the toughest because he's so hard to hit, but he's first, so you can always just restart if you flub the fight. I found the final boss (MV1) and Drift before him to actually be some of the easier bots in the game, so there's that.

Good luck everyone!

IH ranged heavy indeed triggers the heavy block mod... You must have been lucky
  • ist doable for f2p player like me...i completed it with r3 4* x3 and r4 3* x 2 ...cost 650 energon to finish the 4* challange...patient and restart when you have a bad start each round..good luck guys
  • Hey all! The official discussion thread with details on this topic, as well as discussion, is located here.

To help keep the forums more organized, I'll be closing this one down.
This discussion has been closed.