Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

No more raid blitz?

As per title.. How are we gonna reach all milestones in raid ascent then? Do u devs know how difficult it is without Blitz?
Tagged:

Comments

• DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited October 2017
    @Terminal
    You're the man bro.. Hope kabam reads this and understands. Your maths is so awesome!
  • I have no idea what that meant but agree that the milestones seems unachievable, so why not simplify the math so it makes sense:

450.000 point (to get all milestones) divided by 18 people =
    25000 points divided by 7 days =
    3571 points Per day, per player

Which is
    18 raids Per day for 18 players with medals between 2000-2499
    20 raids Per day for 18 players with medals between 1500-1999
    24 raids Per day for 18 players with medals between 1250-1499
    29 raids Per day for 18 players with medals between 1000-1249

So how is any alliance supposed to achieve these milestones without raid blitz or 18 people without a life?
  • I agree... This makes raid week crap..other than trying for galv chips
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Dan.. I like your simplified one more, why didn't I think of that. :'(
    @Kabam Miike

Let's keep this at the top so more people and the devs realize.
  • kelsuskelsus Posts: 38
    Some really good info - thanks for bringing it forward.
  • DanhansenDanhansen Posts: 47
    edited October 2017
    Still nothing. Well, since they are in no rush to answer I may as well ask what the point was in the previous week event as well?
    For some reason it does not seem that alliances doing below level 91 was meant to get the points to qualify for rank rewards. That was the only possible reason I could see for including a boost in points for alliances doing 91+ that would at minimum get double the boost than anyone else after 4 AMs (as shown in the attached image)
    And as far as I recall the amount required to unlock all milestones was a million

fs30zlghfccd.png
    Yes, the new weekly alliance milestones are all poorly balanced.
  • Danhansen wrote: »
    Still nothing. Well, since they are in no rush to answer I may as well ask what the point was in the previous week event as well?
    For some reason it does not seem that alliances doing below level 91 was meant to get the points to qualify for rank rewards. That was the only possible reason I could see for including a boost in points for alliances doing 91+ that would at minimum get double the boost than anyone else after 4 AMs (as shown in the attached image)
    And as far as I recall the amount required to unlock all milestones was a million

There was alliances that got all milestone and weren’t doing lvl 91 or above in AM. I do agree it’s impossible for alliances that are doing under lvl 81 to complete all the milestones, but that is part of other threads saying the stronger only get stronger while the middle to new players have no chance.
  • 3571 points per day... that's more points than I get, and actually (based anecdotally on how many points I have) that's more than you would get buying out all alpha purchases and all daily exclusives (which is the point I stop raiding for the day... not counting very expensive ones like all purchases of 4* shards). You'd be long into raiding for nothing but points. That's almost guaranteed to never be a common alliance goal at all :P
    the only way in this new raid ascent system to get more points is to use 3* or 4* Galvatron in raids... i do not support this idea. Devs shouldn't push us to upgrade Galvatron just for the sake of a mission's milestone. Just isn't right. Plus all that gold shortage and materials shortage this isn't feasible for majority of alliances. At my raid medals now at 1.8k+ , a 3* bot would need to be near max forged, and a 4* bot at least rank 3 in order to do well in raids.
    edited October 2017
    They appear to be gearing everything towards the top 5% of the player base and don't seem to care about the 95%.

50% nerf to arena rank rewards, pushing the old rewards up to 2-20% in to 3-7% and almost 50% of milestones unattainable for regular players.

Milestones are supposed to be achievable, the crazy rewards should be in the ranks where alliances can choose to push crazy points for crazy rewards.. not milestones.

It's not a positive experience for 95% of the player base to be unable to achieve milestones.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    My alliance usually scores top 25 in every event (including AM). We are getting nowhere with the raid event, even though we do a lot of raids. This was just completely miscalculated without Blitz, even with the new store items.
  • Hey All,

When we changed up the entire Alliance Event system, this was one of them. This is not the same as it was before. The Raid Blitz event doesn't exist anymore, but that's because we wanted to move the emphasis from the Milestone to Rank Rewards. We've reduced the entry to Rank Rewards quite a bit.

Keep in mind that some of these Milestones are pretty ambitious, and is meant to be something that Alliances can grow into. Not every alliance should be able to hit the last Milestone in every event. That is not future proofed content.

All of that being said, we're going to be making sure we keep an eye on this event after the first round is run, and I've already raised your concerns about this to the team.
  • God is this global launch again.
  • Totherkins wrote: »
    God is this global launch again.

I know this is said in frustration, but while not entirely the same, a lot has changed, and there will be kinks to work out again. We know it's been a period of ups and downs, but we're working our hardest to get this cleared up and functioning as best it can as soon as we can!

For instance, we're looking at the points for this event right now. While we will probably have to wait until the next time this event comes around before we can make any changes if we need to, we are already taking a look at what is up with the points.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2017
    Hey All,

When we changed up the entire Alliance Event system, this was one of them. This is not the same as it was before. The Raid Blitz event doesn't exist anymore, but that's because we wanted to move the emphasis from the Milestone to Rank Rewards. We've reduced the entry to Rank Rewards quite a bit.

Keep in mind that some of these Milestones are pretty ambitious, and is meant to be something that Alliances can grow into. Not every alliance should be able to hit the last Milestone in every event. That is not future proofed content.

All of that being said, we're going to be making sure we keep an eye on this event after the first round is run, and I've already raised your concerns about this to the team.

I can assure you that no alliance will ever spend energon on raid ascent for any reason, which is precisely the thought behind the change to raid ascent, even though it will never be admitted.

There's nothing wrong with gearing the event to some spending, but the nature of raid ascent is you get very little ROI for the cost of extra raid tickets. The points you get for spending 10 energon are miniscule.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that without raid blitz points the event doesn't come close to being attainable without massive energon spending... It was difficult even with the blitz bonus points.

• Totherkins wrote: »
    God is this global launch again.

I know this is said in frustration, but while not entirely the same, a lot has changed, and there will be kinks to work out again. We know it's been a period of ups and downs, but we're working our hardest to get this cleared up and functioning as best it can as soon as we can!

For instance, we're looking at the points for this event right now. While we will probably have to wait until the next time this event comes around before we can make any changes if we need to, we are already taking a look at what is up with the points.

It was...i just want raids to give something. I'm glad for the daily rotating items...truly. I'd love it though if you could find a way of making raids competitive or my base defense mattering a bit more. Now it's just to help people get a lot of chips.
  • Hey All,

And that was a great thought, however, in order to qualify for rank rewards, you need to achieve all milestones
    Hey All,

No one is asking for a freebie, however, before it was actually possible for alliances to qualify and get some rewards. But when you make a system where you need an alliance for 18 people to be ready 18 times a day, 7 days in a week, are those who can not do that not being ambitious? Do I have to ask each member to be prepared 24 hours of a day for a mobile game? People are willing to waste time of this but I think a lot are getting tired of always getting told we either to just get better or now get more ambitious.

I am sure you meant nothing by it but you are admins, sometimes just try and see it from the players perspective. We are as dependant on you as you are of us.
    edited October 2017
    We wanted to move the emphasis from the Milestone to Rank Rewards.

Keep in mind that some of these Milestones are pretty ambitious, and is meant to be something that Alliances can grow into. Not every alliance should be able to hit the last Milestone in every event.

Choose one, you can't have both. This is a huge contradiction. First you say we're not supposed to focus on milestones and to focus on rank rewards, how are we supposed to not focus on them when they're ambitious goals to grow in to, and goals that no one can even obtain yet? So which one is emphasised or are we just supposed to ignore them?
    Not every alliance should be able to hit the last Milestone in every event.

No one is arguing everyone should be able to hit everything every time. To even say so is just ignoring what has been discussed and the point that is being made, it's actually a bit insulting. However, the rank rewards list 51-100% which implies at least half should be able to get rank rewards.

If half or less are able to hit rank rewards then the company has failed. What's the point of this new content if half of less get access to it. In fact, what's the point if only half can get it. You've got half your player base unhappy.
    Not every alliance should be able to hit the last Milestone in every event. That is not future proofed content.

It's time for a serious rethink on the purpose of milestones. There will be no future for the game if you keep adding content that 0% can actually obtain. You can't future proof rewards, you need to change them after the growth has happened. There is no point adding content for things that don't even exist, what a waste of time and money.
    We've reduced the entry to Rank Rewards quite a bit.

Categorically false. The removal of blitzes means the new 'lower' number is actually significantly higher. Better check that math again. The entry is 300,000 points for rank rewards. This is the 6th milestone. Are you expecting more than half the players to hit 300,000? This is impossible. It's not even close to realistic.

12 raids per day for 18 people at a 2k rating JUST to qualify, not even aiming for a high rank. Just qualification to access 51-100% rank rewards.

But a 2k alliance shouldn't be 51-100% anyway right?.. so what about a normal alliance that should fill 51-100%?

14-16 raids per day JUST to qualify for rank rewards.

Not to mention if you don't have 18 people, the requirements just increased dramatically.

I'm not the best at math but this is in no way, shape or form a reduction by 'quite a bit'. It's a significant increase.

Honestly Miike, look at the math and how unreasonable everything is about this event, from milestones to qualification. I don't know how you can say or defend that position when the numbers very obviously don't line up with what you're saying.
    We're going to be making sure we keep an eye on this event after the first round is run

It will be too late by then. You're going to lose players. A very obvious mistake has been made with the calculations where blitz points weren't properly factored in to it.

An extremely tiny portion is going to qualify, the majority of your players are/will be unhappy, even the ones that will qualify won't be happy about it. Basically no one is happy about it. Is it worth having 100% of your player base unhappy and lose players over it? The company needs to act quickly on this painstakingly obvious mistake.

You keep saying things are supposed to be easier, more access, more rewards for people with this update, but it's just words that don't match reality. It doesn't matter how many times you say it, it doesn't make it true. The fact is EVERYTHING has been made harder and ALL REWARDS have been reduced except for the top 5% in every grind/point based event.
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    @Kabam Miike the problem with removing the Blitzes is that there's no way alliances are going to get the 300k required to unlock rank rewards. Either the points per raid need to increased drastically or the unlock requirement needs to drop drastically otherwise you'll see 0 alliances getting rank rewards and you'll have just removed rewards from players.
    edited October 2017
    Danhansen wrote: »
    Hey All,

And that was a great thought, however, in order to qualify for rank rewards, you need to achieve all milestones

just checked.. you don't need to achieve all milestones to get rank rewards.

Pretty sure after this first raid ascent they will realize nobody is willing to spend energon to make points on the event itself.

So... Meh. We miss out on one week of rewards, which is fine by me if that's what it takes to show the raid ascent is unattainable.

Sometimes they know its unrealistic, but they need the data to see where to actually put the goal line afterwards.

No big deal.
    The company sells entertainment. They've created content that not even half can achieve. That's a negative experience for the majority of their players. People actually quit games because of things like that.

That's fine if it's no big deal for you and you have the patience and inclination to pay for a negative experience, others won't. It's just not good for the health and success of the game to act slowly.

It does nothing to grow the game or even retain the current players. The only possible result is the potential to lose players.
    edited October 2017
    I just don't see the benefit in stressing over something that is not going to be changed this week, no matter how many tirades players write.

The message sent by the mods was clear:

They are collecting data, and evaluating where alliances land in terms of the benchmark set. Only then will they consider adjusting the requirements accordingly.

We got that answer many times, it just wasn't the answer we wanted to hear.

It is what it is for now. Save the piss and vinegar for the next one if nothing changes.
  • Davien wrote: »
    Danhansen wrote: »
    Hey All,

just checked.. you don't need to achieve all milestones to get rank rewards.

Ok, sorry, it have changed so it now is on the sixth milestone, my bad, however, seeing as you are the first to correct me, no one seems to have been aware of this lol. Overall, it still excludes most if not all from being able to qualify for it
  • DanhansenDanhansen Posts: 47
    edited October 2017
    Manthro wrote: »
    I just don't see the benefit in stressing over something that is not going to be changed this week, no matter how many tirades players write.

The message sent by the mods was clear:

They are collecting data, and evaluating where alliances land in terms of the benchmark set. Only then will they consider adjusting the requirements accordingly.

We got that answer many times, it just wasn't the answer we wanted to hear.

It is what it is for now. Save the piss and vinegar for the next one if nothing changes.

Hahaha, are you serious.
    Funny how there is always that group that says, “just forget it and wait for next time”, a lot have been saying that since it went out of beta, that is a few updates ago. If people just shut up, everytime, nothing happens. And since it seems at every update, we are promised one thing and given another, every single time, over and over and over. People will stop waiting for the next one because we will be told the excact same thing when the next update is released in 14 days with even more errors or setbacks

I am tired of waiting and being told the same repeatedly since april. Just wait for the next one? Which one of them? At which version are we allowed to say something?
  • It does not excact help seeing that if Kabam loses stuff, everything is put to a stop and the players get punished and matters are fixed swiftly. However, when it is the other way around. It always seems to be something that can wait