Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Better rewards for away missions

Since a lot of us are bottled up for gold, it would be nice for missions that require more difficulty but pay a lot more in gold. A mission that nets me 500 gold does nothing with have 4* bots and in an alliance competing higher level ams
Tagged:

Comments

• Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited October 2017
    I 100% agree. Away Missions need a lot of love. Here are a few of my suggestions:

- Missions that award Featured Bot chips
    - Missions that require a specific bot class and reward sparks
    - Missions that require a minimum PI
    - Missions that require more than 4 bots that are not considered "Epic" and make the bots unuseable for 5 hours
    - Missions that reward things like AM potions, energon, or energy refills
    - Missions that earn you a new type of currency that you can spend on "Special" items

The reward system in general for Away Missions is messed up IMO as well. You get more rewards per gold spent on the lower level Missions compared to any of the higher level ones. People have argued in the past that higher level Missions are worth more points - but thats only a valid reason when an Away Mission quest is running. Yes, if you are about to go to bed, selecting the Rare/Epic is probably the best bet. But if you are playing and able to check your game every 30-45min, its better for you to do the smaller quests first. In my opinion, you should get better rewards for the harder Missions that make doing that mission more valuable to you than the lower tiered one. A good comparison would be if people were still running Story Mission 1-1 because it offered more exp per run than the higher level maps. Doesnt sound right, does it? Well neither does giving more value to rewards done at a lower level.

Here is a perfect example of what im talking about:

COMMON Mission
    Time 16min
    Cost 547g
    Rewards 250g + 996g
    Total Rewards after cost = 699g

RARE Mission
    Time 2hrs
    Cost 2,096g
    Rewards 955g + 3,819g
    Total Rewards after cost = 2,678

Heres where it gets messy....I could do 7 COMMON Missions in the time that it would take me to do 1 RARE Mission, which would earn me a total of 4,893g....thats over 2,200g more than the RARE Mission. Im not sure how many points Common vs Rare missions award since that Event isnt running at the moment, but unless Rare missions awards more than 7x the points Common missions do, it would still be better to do the lower tiered ones.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Epic away missions are also terribly scaled in terms of rewards vs cost.. extremely outdated.
    .how many times have I seen 200 PBC shards or 70-90 t2 class spark essence for 6000g?
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Taking away the gold cost of the away missions would be an easy way to basically double the reward.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited October 2017
    I'd like to see;

1. Multiple away missions at once, maybe linked to level limits.
    2. Automatically filter bots that can't be selected to the bottom
    3. Reuse previous bot / mark some favourites to be at the top of the list
    4. Paying to refresh resets the number of available missions instead of just rerolling what is left.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Fully agree. Epic missions are the worst - they're never worth their cost in gold. 6k gold for some t2b essence? No thanks. Not only is it not worth 6k gold, it's far from worth the other forgone away missions.

Also, the 10e refresh option is kinda crimped by only refreshing the number of missions you have left. If I get all common missions, and 3 are for raid chips, 1 is for gold, I'm only interested in the gold one. But if I do it, I don't want to pay 10e to only refresh 3 missions, I want a new full hand of missions.
    Or if I do 3 of the missions in 45 mins, I don't want to pay 10e for a new roll on just one mission, I want all 4 back. (And I want to know that the refresh thing actually works).

Oh, and tbh, I don't get the difference between "guaranteed" and "bonus" rewards. It isn't clear whether you always get the "bonus" if you use strong enough bots, or whether its random. If it's random, then away missions would rarely be worth the cost. If it's always, why is it differentiated?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited November 2017
    @Trailfire I think "bonus" is if you choose the recommended class, you can hit "guaranteed" with lower PI bots. But well, I always blindly assign strong bots like 800PI per slot and never worried about it not being guaranteed.
    That said, some real bonus beyond guaranteed will be appreciated.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    seconded! while i do not have any complaints on current away mission reward, it would be nice if we got a slight boost if we used the recommended bots..
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I don't feel like they add much to the game. The only welcome rewards from away missions for me are the arena chips and maybe sometimes the raid chips. It's not that they are bad, doing them in the background is fine and they only tie up a couple of bots at worst, but I just don't see that they add much value to most players. After 3 weeks I think they are kind of worthless - I'm not going to log in for them for sure.
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Again, people the away missions aren’t a “get rich quick” aspect of the game. Yes, should the “Epic” Missions that involve the T2 be changed, absolutely. But the missions are very useful.

Example:

I always keep a reserve of 50k in arena chips as my emergency backup for bot upgrades, AM costs, etc. Less than a week ago we had that T2A offer in the store. I wasn’t expecting to upgrade my MV1 to 4/5 until the next T2A Arena when I got 1-2% which will be what next week? Point is, that I was able to upgrade him last week due to the offer and had my reserve fund to dip into which took me down to 20k. Due to the Away Missions since then, I’m now back up to 50k+ again.

Don’t discount the away missions...
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    To those who think away missions are useless...

I routinely get 20 extra arena crystals from them every week, plus whatever gold and ore are offered.

It adds up to quite a bit.

The only complaint is the cost/reward ratio of epic ones, and rare to some extent
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    @Kabam Miike any chance the new update can have some scaled up rewards for Epic Missions?

Getting an epic mission does not happen very often, so it's disappointing to see they still give T2B as a reward (and only a partial T2B at that).

• Hey gang!

Thanks for the feedback about the rewards! I'll go ahead and take this to the team so they can hear all your thoughts towards it! :)
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I think the common and uncommon missions are fine, but the rare and especially epic missions don't feel, well, epic. The rewards are okay I guess, but 700 or so crystal shards isn't really doing much for me when it rolls around once a week. Maybe there could be "linked" away missions where you have a day to complete a set of five 1hr missions or something for an epic reward.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    I prefer the rare ones so I don’t worry about it for 2 hours. I don’t check in every 15 minutes so it’s great for that. Better returns than the 1 or 2 common missions I’d otherwise run in 2 hours. The epic ones are ridiculous though.
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    Every mode in the game awards bot chips at some point except for away missions. Set away missions to reward bot chips during week 1 so that week 1 has a way to farm chips similar to weeks 2-4. Common mission gives 100 chips, u common mission gives 1000, rare mission gives 5000 and epic missions give 10k. During the week remove the ability to refresh missions so that whatever is rolled is all you get for 2 hours so players can't spam refills for epic missions.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    If that’s how they’d want to spend energon then more power to them imo.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    To those who think away missions are useless...

I routinely get 20 extra arena crystals from them every week, plus whatever gold and ore are offered.

It adds up to quite a bit.

The only complaint is the cost/reward ratio of epic ones, and rare to some extent

Yep, it's more like 10 arena crystals a day with fairly regular checking on mission refresh times. Common is 700, uncommon is 1.3k ish, rare is over 3k. Just clear the arena chips first no matter what is on there, then do the rest if you are playing or just check back in a few hours. Epic ones do suck, there is no reason to do one other than for away mission event milestone.