Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The Future of Alliance Missions

Comments

• TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    @sexybeast one part of the change is about the gold, but the other part is about simplification.

It's a gigantic headache having to organise and monitor the donations of 18 people.

In terms of simplification, I dare say this is the best possible thing to have ever happened to the game. No other area was as needlessly complex. Goodbye excel! :D
  • Anything on mods? They currently seem like a dead end in the game.. can’t even level up the 4* mods..
  • Terminal wrote: »
    @sexybeast one part of the change is about the gold, but the other part is about simplification.

It's a gigantic headache having to organise and monitor the donations of 18 people.

In terms of simplification, I dare say this is the best possible thing to have ever happened to the game. No other area was as needlessly complex. Goodbye excel! :D

I do agree completely with you about the issue of organisation with donations. Fair enough. But for me the gold is actually a far bigger issue in this game. When it was tied to arena before all the changes, you had to work for it, but if you did, you were rewarded with plenty of it. Now it is extremely hard to come by to keep forging and ranking up continual bots.

I made my comments based on the mod saying that this was done because so many were complaining about not having enough gold in the game. And this was a direct way to counter that, which is just completely not true. They need to do far more than this.
  • If you don't see the benefit, then it is because you are running low enough difficulty that your maps are gold neutral. This is not the case at higher difficulty, at all.

If they remove the gold cost of maps and lower the gold reward, we are all still getting more gold as a result. This is an improvement for everyone, at every difficulty.[/quote]

I don't agree sorry. I run quite high maps and they are not neutral. At higher maps you are losing around probably 10k per day or so. Not even that much. So a whole savings of around 50k is nothing in the large picture.

As I stated in another response, it needs to be changes elsewhere rather than this small amount. A lot of gold is needed to progress at the highest levels in this game. Not a small drop in the ocean.
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    edited November 2017
    @Kabam Miike with this map update can we get more of a heads up then a day or 2, please. It'd be greatly appreciative to the leadership of alliances, I'm sure.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    edited November 2017
    sexybeast wrote: »
    I don't agree sorry. I run quite high maps and they are not neutral. At higher maps you are losing around probably 10k per day or so. Not even that much. So a whole savings of around 50k is nothing in the large picture.

As I stated in another response, it needs to be changes elsewhere rather than this small amount. A lot of gold is needed to progress at the highest levels in this game. Not a small drop in the ocean.
    50k? You crazy? At what we used to run AM donations minus AM rewards was a net loss of a bit over 100k. Taking into account lower gold rewards, but being allowed to keep it all, that’s a net positive per AM of about 100k. Total difference of 200k in our advantage. That’s a very noticeable change.
  • Dircules wrote: »

50k? You crazy? At what we used to run AM donations minus AM rewards was a net loss of a bit over 100k. Taking into account lower gold rewards, but being allowed to keep it all, that’s a net positive per AM of about 100k. Total difference of 200k in our advantage. That’s a very noticeable change.

Yeah but we're at the top top. Not everyone runs d100.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Either way net gain of 200k or 100k or 50k is all a net gain either way it’s for the better

As well with no cost to start am alliances no longer have excuse donations are too high versus rewards and I’d imagine more allies will push higher levels
  • You hope*
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    This just takes one less excuse out of equation for people to run harder am, I’m sure there’s still a million other reasons
  • Totherkins wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike with this map update can we get more of a heads up then a day or 2, please. It'd be greatly appreciative to the leadership of alliances, I'm sure.

I'll try and get more information as soon as I can and give as much notice as possible, but I can't promise anything unfortunately.
  • Dircules wrote: »

If you think they will give us 100k in lower gold rewards you are crazy. But lets see once its out and talk again then lol
  • Totherkins wrote: »
    Dircules wrote: »

Yeah but we're at the top top. Not everyone runs d100.

If thats what hes running then Im not even listening anymore. Lets work with most people. How many run d100?.......
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    I don't quite understand this change with the gold. If the issue is that we don't have much gold, then removing the actual gold return to a lower amount in AM will make this whole thing moot. It only works if you KEEP the gold returns the same, but don't charge any gold to start AM. Otherwise we are back to square one with nothing gained in gold anyway. If the point was so we could have more gold, then we actually need to earn the gold in AM and not lose it. Currently running high maps evens out anyway with return vs expenditure, so I don't really get the point of this. If you really want to reward us gold so we can level up (since you have basically hamstrung gold since the new arenas), then actually leave the gold rewards the same and lose the startup cost at the same time. You don't reduce the gold return, as it makes this a useless exercise. Please comment on this. thanks.

There is more than enough gold in the game right now, you just have to work for it. With Kabam getting rid of the AM costs, you now have a “net gain” every single AM.

“50% of something, is better than 100% of nothing” statement goes quite well in relation to this topic. If they got rid of AM costs but continued to pay out the same return, the gold balance in this game would quickly get out of control.

There was more than enough gold to go around before this change, now it will even be better.

• SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    it was written in one of the threads that experienced alliances will have the new map unlocked. what counts as experienced alliance?
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Odie21 wrote: »

There is more than enough gold in the game right now, you just have to work for it. With Kabam getting rid of the AM costs, you now have a “net gain” every single AM.

“50% of something, is better than 100% of nothing” statement goes quite well in relation to this topic. If they got rid of AM costs but continued to pay out the same return, the gold balance in this game would quickly get out of control.

There was more than enough gold to go around before this change, now it will even be better.

Please teach me how you get more than enough gold. I use up all my energy to run story and spotlight missions when I’m awake, send for all away missions except for raid chips, and leave my bots on base to collect gold from them. Yet I constantly find myself sometimes even running out of gold to send for an away mission and have to sell ore or sparks to raise funds. Leveling up 4* bots and 3* bots to forge takes up massive amounts of gold. Right now, AM is also costing more than the gold rewards we get. I haven’t even bothered to upgrade any mods in the past few months cos no gold. Is there some secret that I’m missing here cos I’m desperate for gold... :|
  • Faithz17 wrote: »
    Odie21 wrote: »

Please teach me how you get more than enough gold. I use up all my energy to run story and spotlight missions when I’m awake, send for all away missions except for raid chips, and leave my bots on base to collect gold from them. Yet I constantly find myself sometimes even running out of gold to send for an away mission and have to sell ore or sparks to raise funds. Leveling up 4* bots and 3* bots to forge takes up massive amounts of gold. Right now, AM is also costing more than the gold rewards we get. I haven’t even bothered to upgrade any mods in the past few months cos no gold. Is there some secret that I’m missing here cos I’m desperate for gold... :|

personally I run a lot of arena for the crystals because it's the best source we have at the moment.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Staying top of the Arena gets you 13 Crystals, averaging 26k Gold's worth. A week of top rank equals to 200K at most. With that amount, you can't even max a 3* bot (maxing a 3* bot to 40/40 with Class Ore requires 264k Gold). If you claim there's more than enough gold, that's because you've maxed almost all of your needed bots.
  • Those who are talking **** about gaining more than enough gold , I don’t know what game do you play, cause i give 18hrs to game and cant even upgrade more then 1 bot a week and thats a 3star . How do you think you gonna rankup new bots from every months.

At moment only new players are having little bit of upgrade while old veteran are stuck with bunch of rosters .

And every single day i have think which ore to keep which to sell. Cause i have tons of ore but not the gold to upgrade.

Talk about gold from crystal

Crystal -2 star bot duped -1000 gold
    3 star bot duper -1500 gold —- seriously dude
    4star duped —2000 maybe I don’t remember

Just tell me from where to farm the gold
    Don’t you dare say from arena 13 arena crystal every day-13000 gold *30days

- 390000 to 490000 man to much gold in a whole month .....lol i can upgrade too many 3-4 star
    - Now forget about forge its far from wasting gold either you upgrade bot or do forge

Kabam what you think , what should we do ??
    @kabam @Kabam Miike
    -
    I was going to ignore the last few posts because I can’t stand people that complain in my normal life let alone the “video game” word but, this has gotten WAYYY out of hand because of one sentence.

The reason why some of you are “gold poor” is because you’re spending irresponsibly. Because of the current game economy, let me repeat, because of the current game economy...you can’t spend and upgrade 20 bots a week. You have to be smart with the way you’re spending. Between the Arena’s, Away Missions, grinding out SM and/or Chapter runs several times per day which provide quite a bit of gold, is more than enough on a daily basis to focus on a bot or 2.

In the past month or so, I have taken 3 bots to 4/5, 4 bots to 3/5 and many 3* & 2* full upgrades etc. This isn’t boasting, but you see a pattern? I didn’t spread myself out, I spent wisely. I have a bank account of 50k in Arena Chips alone. I will only dip into this if something important comes up.

Now of course, there’ll be some math wizard that will attempt to dispute my claims. Whatever. Stop spending irresponsibly and you’ll be fine. Spend it as soon as you get it...well what in bloody hell do you think is going to happen?
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    edited November 2017
    “Not enough gold” is purely relative

It’s relative to the number of bots and low-level sparks and the amount of ore, meaning the binding constrain on people’s ability to rank and level bots is very often gold

That’s what people mean when they say there isn’t enough gold - it has nothing to do with spending wisely or otherwise, and it doesn’t even have anything to do with the absolute amount of gold available
    Trailfire wrote: »
    “Not enough gold” is purely relative

It’s relative to the number of bots and low-level sparks and the amount of ore, meaning the binding constrain on people’s ability to rank and level bots is very often gold

That’s what people mean when they say there isn’t enough gold - it has nothing to do with spending wisely or otherwise, and it doesn’t even have anything to do with the absolute amount of gold available

Gold has ALWAYS been the constraint on people, well before any updates. If people were able to have a plethora of gold, then the grind would no longer be a motivating factor.

What people also seem to forget, is that this is a business. Kabam is looking to make money, not to completely appease the F2P players. In fact they want THOSE players to spend money. Buy Energon for Gold Crystals.

If there is any limitation on growth, it’s the available ORE, especially as you get into the higher Rankings on the bots that require an insane amount.

If you look hard enough, you can find some kind of “constraint” in every aspect of this game. Yes, is it more difficult for the newer players in certain areas? Yes, I don’t debate that. But on the flip side it’s also easier due to all the available resources with T2A, T3, etc. I remember paying $100 for the Alpha deals back in May/June timeframe just to grow my bots. That’s laughable now as you can get a “Free” Alpha in 2-3 days in the store. So I don’t completely feel sorry for the newer players due to the new Arenas, new store items, access to T2A, T3, etc.
  • @Odie21 , I'm not sure your comment makes sense.

You started by saying Gold is ALWAYS been the constraint, but then you say the constraint is ORE (not sure why you need all caps, but whatever). It can be true that both ore and gold are binding constraints sometimes, but it doesn't make sense to say one has always constrained, then that the other is currently the real constraint.

Then you say people (presumably including me) forget this is a business and that without a constraint there'd be no point to grinding.
    I think you're misunderstanding what a "relative constraint" is. If you've studied economics before it's very easy: just think of ranking and levelling up as a production function (or consumption function).
    Ore, gold, sparks, and bots, are all inputs to a fully ranked, levelled, forged, awakened Super Bot.
    You need all those resources/inputs in specific ratios to continue ranking/levelling/forging/awakening your bot. If you have plenty of bots, and loads of ore and sparks, but you don't have the gold needed to use your ore, then gold is your binding constraint.
    If you have plenty of bots and loads of gold, but no ore, then ore is your binding constraint
    If all your bots are fully ranked, then bots are your binding constraint
    If you have plenty of bots, and loads of ore and gold, but you don't have a t2a, then that's your constraint

These are all relative constraints because what makes them binding is their availability relative to the other factors/inputs to a massive roster of Super Bots. They're not absolute constraints, because you can always get more of each of them, and you can even substitute some for another (by selling them)

No one is saying Kabam shouldn't make money off their game (well, I'm not anyway). But if you have an economy with four different key production factors you want their availability to be fairly well balanced. You don't want people having loads of 3 things and none of the last, it just irritates people. If people get all of them roughly in proportion to their relative need, then the absolute pace of acquisition is less frustrating because you aren't facing particular irritating constraints from just one input

Hope that clarifies a bit
  • The simple reality is that with AM going free, players will gain gold instead of losing it. The net difference is heavily based on what difficulty you have been running in AM. Lower difficulties are not going to notice the difference as much as those at higher difficulties. I for one will be glad to see an extra 200kish gold a week and I'm certainly glad I don't have to pester my alliance mates for donations. Also quite excited to throw down on the new map come the 30th.
  • Hired_Goon wrote: »
    The simple reality is that with AM going free, players will gain gold instead of losing it. The net difference is heavily based on what difficulty you have been running in AM. Lower difficulties are not going to notice the difference as much as those at higher difficulties. I for one will be glad to see an extra 200kish gold a week and I'm certainly glad I don't have to pester my alliance mates for donations. Also quite excited to throw down on the new map come the 30th.

Completely agree with this it will be a weight lifted to not worry about donations
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Just wondering, what affects the AM scores? Why do 3 BGs in same alliance, obviously same difficulty, have 3 different scores? Is it based on items used, time taken or? The fastest BG to complete, also the same BG with no items used, has the least amount of points. Is it based on number of advantage fights vs non advantage fights?? Or just completely random? :D
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    Just wondering, what affects the AM scores? Why do 3 BGs in same alliance, obviously same difficulty, have 3 different scores? Is it based on items used, time taken or? The fastest BG to complete, also the same BG with no items used, has the least amount of points. Is it based on number of advantage fights vs non advantage fights?? Or just completely random? :D

The Sharkticons.
  • BurbamBurbam Posts: 27
    When can we get the details? I'd be happy with lanes drawn in crayon on a bar napkin, or fancier if you got time.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    edited November 2017
    Faithz17 wrote: »

Each class of sharkticon is worth different points and they are randomized for each BG every day. This is where the slight variation of points comes from. So in a way, it's always random as to which BG will end with the highest score.
  • Burbam wrote: »
    When can we get the details? I'd be happy with lanes drawn in crayon on a bar napkin, or fancier if you got time.

If you're asking for a map of the new AM, there will be one in the 411 Bot within a day of map3 being released. The 411 is player generated though, so someone will actually have to play the new content before anyone can make and distribute the map :)

(the TFTF 411 Bot is a Line chat bot, but also has a FB page)