Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Can you use a different icon for the node Armor buffs in AM?

Guys, many of the bots on the armor lanes also have their own armor buffs. Armor buffs tend to be some of the most "replenishing" and stacking buffs in the game. With so many buffs cycling in and out, and stacking, it isn't ever really clear when it is the node buff that is up, or when the bot just has more than one stack of their personal armor buff.

This is mostly an issue on Grindor, but also an issue on Bludgeon, and potentially others. Bludgeon is really a problem if you use someone like MV1 or OG who has an armor buff of their own, because then he is replicating your armor buff, using his own armor buff, and has the node armor buff.

The mechanics are fun, so far, but more clarity would be nice.
Tagged:

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    MOAR CLARITY!!
  • tekkn1kal wrote: »
    Guys, many of the bots on the armor lanes also have their own armor buffs. Armor buffs tend to be some of the most "replenishing" and stacking buffs in the game. With so many buffs cycling in and out, and stacking, it isn't ever really clear when it is the node buff that is up, or when the bot just has more than one stack of their personal armor buff.

This is mostly an issue on Grindor, but also an issue on Bludgeon, and potentially others. Bludgeon is really a problem if you use someone like MV1 or OG who has an armor buff of their own, because then he is replicating your armor buff, using his own armor buff, and has the node armor buff.

The mechanics are fun, so far, but more clarity would be nice.

Thanks for the feedback, tekkn1kal! Yes, I agree that clarity on some of these overlapping buffs aren't great. We can look into separating each armor buff by their sources, but we also have some UI constraints that make this an issue for us (we've tested some fights that have so many icons, they extend to the opponent's health bar).

That being said, we can look into a solution where we can try to provide more accurate information through icons while keeping the number of icons within reason.

• tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    Has there been any progress on this? I understand your guys' concerns, but id take icons all over the screen 4 rows long over not knowing up from down. Timer icons for all timed mods should be standard as well.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    somehow i managed to read it as nude armor...

ahem yeah it would be great if we could have those icons.
  • Same_ol_GSame_ol_G Posts: 104
    edited January 2018
    Can we get a fix on this please?

I was facing bludgeon with my MV1 and I couldn't tell when to attack him... He was eating r5 sp2's like it was nothing. It would be fine if it was a low difficulty but it was map 3-35.

Becomes a little problematic and counterproductive when u have to guess if his shield is down or not.