Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bases on Defense should have a minimum required rating when they are at certain medal rank

Had enough with bases with less than 5k rating defense. Not gonna spend 2 energon to search for another enemy!

There should be a minimum required defense rating before these players are allowed to do other game modes! That would force them to put on a stronger defense for their base!

Some manage to raid till 2000 medals and telling me they can't put on a stronger defense? a mere 1-2k defense?? (that equals to around 1-2k raid chips only!) lock them out of further raiding till they boost up their base then! Or better still disallow them of all game modes including spotlight, story missions and AM till they comply with a stronger base defense!
Tagged:

Comments

• CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I wouldnt mind seeing a base defense requirement for certain medal "ranks", or honestly a shake-up to the entire raid system. Right now I stick my C-level crew down with whatever mods seem to match and then forget them. Maybe use linked nodes like some have suggested, or extra rewards for using certain bots on defense during an event.
    I really enjoy the changes that they've made to the raid store, but there's still a lot more the could do to liven up my least favorite of the game modes.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, these people are worse than cheaters lol.
    A friend raided my base and earn 10K chips while I lost only 357. Having a base both strong and within reason really helps milking the system.
  • xxerexxxxerexx Posts: 96
    Some weighting of base def to medals would be nice. Having been given multiple bases that give less than 1k chips while in the ~1800 medal range is really annoying.

Seeing them get put into the lower medal pools at a significantly increased rate would be a nice punishment
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    I sense a distinct level of anger, but I don't oppose the idea of medal tiers being helped by defense so that base level and medals exist more equally. I've seen several bases with only a single 1 star bot yet have over 2000 medals and beat Rulers of Kaon.
  • ReworkRework Posts: 122
    I think the problem here is not that the bases are too weak - It's that the rewards for raiding are based on the defense level and not the medal level. And it sucks when you are close to getting a big ticket item from the store only to pull one of these base opponents with your last ticket.
    We know why people do this - They get to too high of a level and can't win raids. I'm sure it happens a lot now that they made ranking up Mods so much easier.
    A help for this would be to at least partially tie the base payout of rewards to the medal level.
    Of course, I'd really just like to see them go back to giving us a choice of 3 raids targets to choose from.
  • Hmm, I don't know about locking them out of other Game Modes, but I will bring this concern up to the team.
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    I run into this as well and it is super annoying. Considering the fact that spending energon for a new opponent doesn’t always give you a new opponent we need a fix.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Thanks guys for all your posts here.. Helps highlight a major loophole with the current raiding system. Hoping the devs will implement some sort of minimum requirement... Locking out game modes imo is the best way to go. Locking raids will not be enough as players can interchange their bots when they go raiding and when they are away.

If others have a better idea feel free to share.. Cracking my head too on how to solve this issue.
    edited January 2018
    Locking can be achieved if players are given an option to drop several hundred medals if they don't have sufficient bots (for defence) to go up a higher medal tier. Then they wouldn't complain saying they don't have enough bots to put as defence on their base. Most of players do have sufficient bots since they need spares to get higher scores in Arena.

Another option is to make them unsearchable during raids.. Make them completely hidden from the medal ranking battles.. But it has to have a downside to them being so. Maybe locked out of raids for 7 days? 3 days? Most wouldn't risk it due to limited time raid items being on sale on and off in the game. They don't wanna miss out on T2A shards being on sale! And maybe if they are low balling their defence for too long their medal count will continue to drop as well? To a point it matches the defence required for a medal rank e.g 1000-1500

Bottom line those who abuse this system by making things difficult for genuine raiders should be penalized. They freely raid others but are unwilling to put on a stronger defense.. With the intention of others not attacking their base or preventing medal drop. This is even when they have close to ZERO raid chips in their storage.
    The above suggestions are good for both players and Kabam. Players will enjoy raiding more.. And Kabam will have more players scrambling to get more bots for their defense. Win-win for both sides.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    I seriously don’t mind low rated bases esp for this week where we get Primal chips for every base we raid. This week quantity matters, not quality. I’m happy with getting 285-300 chips and beating 1k bases to get them :D I don’t care about raid chips much. They will somehow just add up anyway. I don’t even bother sending away missions for raid chips, complete waste of gold.
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    edited January 2018
    I don't think players should be locked from other modes because they're medels are high. [Removed by Moderation] Their medels are high not because their best bots are on defense? They're using them. Not only that, that would be horrible for players like me, ranging from 1000-1250 in medels. If i were forced to have my stronger bots on base defense, how on earth would I be able to contend in raid week or AMs?
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    i am all for bringing back 3 opponent choices in raids.. including Quint bases.