Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What is going to be done about game glitching and costing items in AM?

13»

Comments

• ∆∆∆∆. I agree, Serapth. I'd be willing to bet that something like this is happening. It's been mentioned that kabam has recently taken steps to catch cheaters. It sucks that it has to be this way, but an alliance was almost screwed out of a top rank because of cheating. I'll bet Kabam knows its effect on game performance but they can't publicly acknowledge. If they did, I think some would understand. Kabam shouldn't let that crap interfere with the game though. Cheaters and hackers think it's fun and games, but it's not. They're truly hurting people.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    It wasn't just one alliance that was screwed out of top rank because of the cheating alliance. All alliances are affected... like the 2nd should be 1st, the 4th should be 3rd, the 11th should be 10th... and so on...

I'm noticing a lot more "sticky feet" in AM... like my bots can run perfectly fine in arena or SM or raids, but when I head in to AM, suddenly my backstep/ sidestep is not connecting and my bot is dead.
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    asparagus wrote: »
    ∆∆∆∆. I agree, Serapth. I'd be willing to bet that something like this is happening. It's been mentioned that kabam has recently taken steps to catch cheaters. It sucks that it has to be this way, but an alliance was almost screwed out of a top rank because of cheating. I'll bet Kabam knows its effect on game performance but they can't publicly acknowledge. If they did, I think some would understand. Kabam shouldn't let that crap interfere with the game though. Cheaters and hackers think it's fun and games, but it's not. They're truly hurting people.

They went through the same thing with MCoC and it sucked just as much there. It used to be you could play and if your game disconnected you’d be fine as long as you didn’t close it before eventually reconnecting. This was pretty awesome actually, as it enables you to play on the subway etc where connections might be kinda spotty. The game was also buttery smooth back then, oh it was a thing of beauty, somewhat like TFtF was on day one.

The problem with the setup is it’s a heck of a lot easier to cheat. You basically just have to forge a response to the server along the lines of “yep, I won, didn’t take any damage either, pretty sweet”. And lo and behold, the cheaters came in mass.

So the answer to this is move more and more of the process server side. Your game is probably locally doing the AI for both bots etc, but all the key values, health most of all, is probably only authoratively stored on the server. So periodically during the fight it has to call back to the server and compare local values with the server value. So what happens when the server is overloaded, slow to respond or sending bad packets? Well... this stuff does.

This also explains why server issues increase during load for two reasons. First, the security checks are most likely higher in AM mode than all the others. This would make sense, that’s where cheating has the most impact. Second, you’ve got more players doing more requests and it seems the servers are crapping out.
  • Seeing a number of complaints from my alliance members running various devices. I have asked them to open support tickets, but its still an unneccesary/unfair drain on resources during missions
  • Billups1201Billups1201 Posts: 118
    edited February 2018
    @Kabam Vydious still waiting for an update on this. Game runs like [Removed by Moderation], especially on iPhone 6. Really getting tired of the auto response [Removed by Moderation] then waiting for a reply that never comes. Rewards are trash, pull rates for good bots/items is garbage, with how terribly the game is running the only thing keeping people around is the relationships they have formed with other players. It’s only a matter of time before people move on to another game that they can play and stay in touch. All I’m asking for is an update.
  • You guys are quick to issue me with a warning, I get it profanity isn’t needed, but at least give us some sort of update on what’s going on. All I’m doing is stating what everyone else is saying. Players are quitting the game, others are considering it. Even just popping into this thread and saying “hey guys we are still looking into these issues, sorry for the delay” is still better than the silent treatment. I’d much rather have false hope about you guys fixing things than sitting here hopeless. Players around the world that I talk to everyday are losing hope in the game and losing hope in Kabam. Sorry for being honest and being the guy that has to say it, but it’s true.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    edited February 2018
    You guys are quick to issue me with a warning, I get it profanity isn’t needed, but at least give us some sort of update on what’s going on. All I’m doing is stating what everyone else is saying. Players are quitting the game, others are considering it. Even just popping into this thread and saying “hey guys we are still looking into these issues, sorry for the delay” is still better than the silent treatment. I’d much rather have false hope about you guys fixing things than sitting here hopeless. Players around the world that I talk to everyday are losing hope in the game and losing hope in Kabam. Sorry for being honest and being the guy that has to say it, but it’s true.

He has a point here @Kabam Miike it’s alittle out of hand now. We need some help here guys. Maybe we are the only ones crashing, which obviously that’s not the case but maybe we actually like the game and want to keep playing it. If it doesn’t run right or even at all, how are we going to play? You can forget the spending and more players are going to quit and leave as these issues drag out.

It’s up to you guys, no one wants to quit man but it does seem ridiculous that we have to beg for an update. Honestly it’s kind of sad.

Mike we know you are the messenger and you and the other admins are doing the best you can but frankly something has got to give here. Someone needs to do something
  • Username619272981Username619272981 Posts: 138
    edited February 2018
    I believe the mods have passion for transformers, want the same thing we want but the upper guys that make decisions just dont have the passion for the game.

Not messengers' fault if they are told to brush us and this topic off. They wrote the same thing almost a year ago when people were reporting crushes and lags. Considered this a wash lol but dont lose hope?
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    testing 1,2,3
  • Had an officer quit until the next update because he was tired of the crashes and health penalty. I personally haven't experienced the crashes, but it was costing him too much energon to stay alive during higher level AMs from the game crashing. Its frustrating as alliance leaders to have good members leave for this reason and basically being helpless (aside from telling them to log tickets with support).
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    He doesn’t need to quit. Just go to a lower level alliance where the levels are more forgiving so the lags don’t really matter.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Been 12 days since an Admin response. Thanks Kabam
  • Hey All,

We've already said that we're working on improving the stability and performance of the game. I know it can be frustrating to not hear about something for a while, but this is not an easy fix, or a quick one. it's a long term thing, and will be an ongoing project.

We can't keep checking in and saying the same thing over and over, and if there is nothing new to share, we won't be able to share anything.

In the interest of keeping the forums clean and organized, i'm going to close this thread, and ask that we try not to create multiple threads on the same subject. Please use a thread that already exists.
This discussion has been closed.