Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

More Alliance Energy For Alliance Missions

PrimeHackerPrimeHacker Posts: 134
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
I mean, you only have like 3 Alliance Energy when you start alliance mission and you say you have to finish in almost one day!! Seriously!! And you can get only ONE alliance energy per hour!! I cant even finish alliance mission!! (Unless you are a crazy gamer and do gaming for 24 hours).

So PLEASE PLEASE increase the amount of alliance energy!! :s
Tagged:

Comments

• dtorreskaterdtorreskater Posts: 118
    What map do you run and how many guys in your battle group? Yeah Map 2 takes a bit more planning, definitely use more energy, but if all 6 guys are running it you can use taxis and strategize your missions. Map 3 I have zero issues of the amount of energy we have available in 24hrs.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    edited May 2018
    Ditch that "the first few joined lose 2 energies immediately" policy first. I see no reason behind that other than hamper us players.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Was there a reason initially for having people who join at the start only begin with 3?
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    is there anything at all in this game that people will not complain about?? It isn't a problem at all. Just log in once every so often to use it. You absolutely do not have to play 24 hours a day.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    I agree with removing the 2 energy tickets to join a AM. You don't have to give energy when joining a mission, why so for AMs?

You don't have to play 24 hours but you definitely need to commit your time over the course of your day. I don't think getting the 2 extra energy will make a big shift in the grand scheme of Alliance rankings but the 2 hours saved from having to wait for energy on a Sunday night will be a huge win in my book.
    I like the idea that was mentioned sometime in the past, an AM energy pool for everyone in the battle group to use and refilled based on the number of people currently joined.
    what is this 2 energy sacrifice that people are talking about? I've only ever joined AM with 3/5 ever, and it was exactly the same mechanic in MCOC so I'm unsure as to what people mean when they say they are losing 2 energy when joining?
    Like the OP's 24 hours comment, i think you fully understand what people are trying to express but just nitpicking the words. If you can't figure out what people mean by the 2 energy sacrifice from your own post above, then.. :|
    Voltron wrote: »
    Like the OP's 24 hours comment, i think you fully understand what people are trying to express but just nitpicking the words. If you can't figure out what people mean by the 2 energy sacrifice from your own post above, then.. :|

to say it is sacrificed would imply that someone at some point started at 5. As far as I am aware, this is not the case and it has always been the case that you start at 3/5, which means there is no sacrifice because you aren't losing anything, you just simply don't start with full energy and it is designed this way.

You say that you "give" 2 energy. To me that implies that someone starts with 5. This isn't true, you start with 3.
    ..... :|
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    I think the reason for only having 3 at the start is so it provides a bigger window for everyone to join. You can join 2 hrs later and won’t be 2 moves behind the guy who joined right at the start.

It would be nice if the opening node was removed. That’s always a waste of one energy. The node could be there but make it a free node.
    ..... :|

how about you just try and explain yourself rather than being a child?

Everyone is saying the first few who join "lose 2 energy"

that is absolutely incorrect - everyone starts at 3/5. If you join late the reason you start with more is because the energy timer has ticked over by two hours. Similarly if you join after an hour you will start with 4. It is not costing you anything, it is done by design and everyone starts at 3/5, so you are not losing anything.
    edited May 2018
    how am I the child? you're the one that's nitpicking everything that people are writing just for the sake of debating your point it when it's extremely clear what people are trying to express. I don't need to try to explain myself to you who has no intention of understanding.

:| is a perfect response. if there was an avatar that shake his head, i would use that one instead.

i understand your point of view but my preference remains the same, regardless if it was never there in the first place. You can continue your debate but i wont be participating.
    how am I the child? you're the one that's nitpicking everything that people are writing just for the sake of debating your point it when it's extremely clear what people are trying to express. I don't need to try to explain myself to you who has no intention of understanding.

:| is a perfect response. if there was an avatar that shake his head, i would use that one instead.

i understand your point of view but my preference remains the same, regardless if it was never there in the first place. You can continue your debate but i wont be participating.

the fact is it's NEVER been a problem that players start with 3/5 and I'm guessing they make it that way for a reason. You don't "lose" energy like you and others have said.

I'll put it down to a lack of understanding and familiarity with the game, which I've concluded after surveying your account.

Players just love to whine and criticise and find problems when there aren't any. 100's of alliances have managed with no problems for a very long time with the current system and the problem is that players like you and the others just want to make this game as easy as possible so it no longer requires any commitment, skill or thought.
    so hardcore - to even look my account up. lol
    DaveJL wrote: »
    what is this 2 energy sacrifice that people are talking about? I've only ever joined AM with 3/5 ever, and it was exactly the same mechanic in MCOC so I'm unsure as to what people mean when they say they are losing 2 energy when joining?

Well, if you start a couple hours later, you do begin with 5/5 energy. :)
    JKL wrote: »
    I think the reason for only having 3 at the start is so it provides a bigger window for everyone to join. You can join 2 hrs later and won’t be 2 moves behind the guy who joined right at the start.

It would be nice if the opening node was removed. That’s always a waste of one energy. The node could be there but make it a free node.

I think that’s the most reasonable explanation I’ve heard (okay, it’s the only explanation I’ve heard, but it’s a good one).
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    I kinda agree with @DaveJL. His explanations are on point.
    I am not trolling - I've played Mcoc for over 3 years and this game since October, and I've never had a problem with starting an alliance mission or quest with only 3 energy, ever. In MCOC it added some very tactical choices as the order in which everyone moved was very important - it encourages team work, planning and communication. There is simply nothing wrong at all with the current system. Every alliance I've been in is pretty much finished about 8 hours early and I've been in a few. People start to freak out if we aren't 100% with 3 hours to go.
    Nathen14 wrote: »
    @Voltron dont bother getting into it with that guy, he is just trolling to antagonize.

@Nathen14 - thanks! yeah, no point

• Hey Guys,
    Please remember to respect other users in the forums. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2018
    So, I'll try and explain this.

Most games use this system of starting global events without a full clip of energy, or movement, attacks or whatever rechargeable resource it is you need to complete the event.

The reason behind it is very simple.

Timezones.

If you started an event with a full clip of energy, you have a distinct advantage over other alliances that may not be active at that same hour in other parts of the world.

This minimizes the scoring advantage players have for being active during event start over inactive alliances that may be sleeping.

It is particularly important in PvP events such as Alliance Wars..

It is less important in PvE events like Alliance missions, but it still keeps things as fair as can be reasonably expected across the community, so developers generally choose to implement it on the main global events.
    But the scoring has nothing to do with whether you finish earlier or later, right? I remember it's all about having more scout sharks if two alliances are playing on the same level. I don't know if people check "realtime" score or not, but if they do, they have nothing to compare with if people from other alliances choose not to give out theirs.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Y2K wrote: »
    But the scoring has nothing to do with whether you finish earlier or later, right? I remember it's all about having more scout sharks if two alliances are playing on the same level. I don't know if people check "realtime" score or not, but if they do, they have nothing to compare with if people from other alliances choose not to give out theirs.

You are missing the point and only looking at what you want to see.

If they start AM with full energy, any player awake at the start of it gets two (or more) extra moves over a player/alliance that isn't in that timezone, because the player awake at the start of AM can use all their movement immediately and take advantage of recharging it right away.

A player asleep loses the ability to use 1 move per hour they are asleep while a max energy.

This is a distinct advantage and it isn't really fair.

By starting all players with 3/5 energy, it allows for a 2hr grace period amongst all players to join AM and use that energy before it caps.

That's the reason why we start without a full clip. It's both a fairness thing, and a quality of life thing.

I much prefer not having to be ready with phone in hand the very minute AM is started by my officers. I have two hours to join before I start wasting energy.
    OK I see the point.
  • Last_FrontierLast_Frontier Posts: 290
    The only "problem" I know of with starting 3/5 is kabam changing the AM start time every 4-6 months. If your alliance is still running map 2, the current start time is extremely hard on European members for dropping links in mixed timezone battlegroups.

With the switch to map 3 the problem disappeared because each side only affects the other with links at the very end.
    The only "problem" I know of with starting 3/5 is kabam changing the AM start time every 4-6 months. If your alliance is still running map 2, the current start time is extremely hard on European members for dropping links in mixed timezone battlegroups.

With the switch to map 3 the problem disappeared because each side only affects the other with links at the very end.

this is exactly the reason why I agreed with the suggestion (not complaining). our group is from all over the world and we're running map 2. We have no problems finishing but the last AM of the week can be very time (attention) consuming for certain members because of the mixed timezone. As grownups, we know Sun/Mon tend to be busy with real life stuff and a couple hours saved from having to keep your eye on the line chat notification will be nice (and not remind me that my priorities are in the wrong order :# ). If some people can't understand that and think that defines game skills so be it.

@Manthro - Thanks for the explanation! I actually had the same thought as Y2K. I totally get the point you are saying. It's more of a supplemental question. Not getting a full clip is to level out the fairness but if scoring is based on completion not time, does it still matter? I guess the better question is; does getting a full clip allow Alliances that couldn't finish to finish and then make things not fair? My initial thought was no because it's really only a couple of players (officers) that start at the beginning but upon further thought, certain groups will definitely try to take advantage of it and it could have an effect - more for the floor vs the ceiling.

I guess the solution for our group is to keep getting stronger and go to Map 3. B)
  • PrimeHackerPrimeHacker Posts: 134
    :'(:/:|:#:s:po:)

I can only do a battle or two..... :'(