Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

These bots need a buff

2»

Comments

• Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    BOFAD wrote: »
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Hot rod?

yes hot rod is awful and my brother maxed his 3* hot rod...#WastedMaterials

It’s the same as sideswipe drop prowl in with Sideswipe, hot rod and mirage

Hot rod is actually one of the better bots alone though. First if he is duped you gain acceleration which increases his power gain. Then you have deceleration, which cause evasion failure against bots like barricade, Arcee, kickback, sideswipe etc. that’s handy to have especially in AM. Deceleration also opens the crit while deceleration is active on your opponent. All and all a strong bot that just needs a little bit more finesse

Hot rod is loved mostly by noobs...pros dont like him...I'm not a pro or a noob I'm in between and I dont like him...my brother is...on the noob side he is more of a noob than a pro
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited May 2018
    Donno about you guys, but I think hotrod and soundwave are fine. HR becomes super strong with his signature and is so useful Vs sideswipe and arcee in AM. As for SW, I donno, his passive power gain is such a nice bonus, and I think his damage output is pretty decent; maybe just retool his special 3?

However, starscream is absolutely in need of a buff, his nullify doesn't seem to work as intended, as some buffs from masteries or even bot buffs don't get nullified (mirage buffs come in to mind). His kit seems to suffer from an identity crisis because it tries to do a little bit of everything and it just doesn't do the bot justice. He needs a rework.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Starscream is a coward so we need more skills favoring his ranged game. Give him a Hound-style switching between nullify and power burn.

Rework Hound to focus on melee, like switching between precision fist and burning fist, to begin with. Because Anti-evasion shots are pretty useless.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    that1guy wrote: »
    Donno about you guys, but I think hotrod and soundwave are fine. HR becomes super strong with his signature and is so useful Vs sideswipe and arcee in AM. As for SW, I donno, his passive power gain is such a nice bonus, and I think his damage output is pretty decent; maybe just retool his special 3?

However, starscream is absolutely in need of a buff, his nullify doesn't seem to work as intended, as some buffs from masteries or even bot buffs don't get nullified (mirage buffs come in to mind). His kit seems to suffer from an identity crisis because it tries to do a little bit of everything and it just doesn't do the bot justice. He needs a rework.

Hot rod is pathetic and needs a SERIOUS buff
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Thank you for that fantastic write up, would you like elaborate?
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    We have gotten pretty off topic from my original post....

But, it seems like everyone is in agreement that Soundwave is in need of some sort buff, I think making his power control features stronger makes the most sense.

Everyone also agrees that Starscream is in need of a buff, but his needs to be a little more dramatic.

Mixed opinions about Sideswipe and Wapinator. Thanks @BOFAD for sharing the gameplay footage of Sideswipe, I honestly didn’t think he was capable of that. I am going to play around with him more.

I think people are mostly afraid of wasp as a defender, but remember it is the mods they always pair him with, not wasp himself. I am still not convinced he has much, if any, use as an attacker. Admitatly, he was the first 5* I pulled and I was pretty bummed out so I would like to see him become more useable other then as a defender on my base.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    BOFAD wrote: »
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Hot rod?

yes hot rod is awful and my brother maxed his 3* hot rod...#WastedMaterials

It’s the same as sideswipe drop prowl in with Sideswipe, hot rod and mirage

Hot rod is actually one of the better bots alone though. First if he is duped you gain acceleration which increases his power gain. Then you have deceleration, which cause evasion failure against bots like barricade, Arcee, kickback, sideswipe etc. that’s handy to have especially in AM. Deceleration also opens the crit while deceleration is active on your opponent. All and all a strong bot that just needs a little bit more finesse

Hot rod is loved mostly by noobs...pros dont like him...I'm not a pro or a noob I'm in between and I dont like him...my brother is...on the noob side he is more of a noob than a pro

I would think a pro would love to take advantage of a bot that can’t evade because the “pro” players know how to tag their opponents with range attacks, and pull off the double fire dash with ease, tagging on wake up and knowing how to chip damage to land that crit stun on heavy with hot rod is what seperates the noobs and pros, there’s no in between, your either have the skills to play the roster with strategy and knowledge or you don’t.
    Learn the game and bot patterns and you will see that every bot have its advantages and disadvantages so you can use them to your benefit in a fight.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    I’ll second what @MaxBebop said he is more of a mid to pro bot. Kind of like a gateway bot. He is used a particular way similar to Hound, although hound is far more complicated.

Again more of a utility bot (similar to hound) or the 3rd bot in your AM team. He shouldn’t be your best bot because he is limited in what he can really which is something he can do better than anyone else but he is still limited. Example would be If I have to do paths 1.6, 2.6, and 3.6 in AM on Map3 hot rod would be a great counter if you lost your best bots earlier on because he would stop the evasion of Drift, Arcee, Bee and Barricade.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Here's a buff question:
    If Shockwave can't absorb projectiles from Bludgeon and Kickback because they aren't energy weapons, why do bot that use swords such as Bludgeon, Motormaster, Windblade, Dinobot, etc....all bleed when they hit Bonecrusher? They are hitting his "spikes" with anything that has energon flowing through it.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2018
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Here's a buff question:
    If Shockwave can't absorb projectiles from Bludgeon and Kickback because they aren't energy weapons, why do bot that use swords such as Bludgeon, Motormaster, Windblade, Dinobot, etc....all bleed when they hit Bonecrusher? They are hitting his "spikes" with anything that has energon flowing through it.

Yup, that's why I'm done playing this game. It doesn't conform to the laws of physics.

Robots with self awareness? That technology doesn't exist yet.

Blaster transforms into a boombox and defies gravity without jets? Nonsense!

And why doesn't a bot just have a water gun as a weapon? The war would be over by now. They're supposed to have superior intelligence, right? Apparently not.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Manthro wrote: »
    And why doesn't a bot just have a water gun as a weapon? The war would be over by now. They're supposed to have superior intelligence, right? Apparently not.

mclwwwo18jww.jpeg
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Here's a buff question:

This is what I have been wondering too. If it's Bonecrusher's exterior surface that causes the bleed then it makes no sense that a bot would Bleed if they hit BC with a sword.
    Here's a buff question:

Yup, that's why I'm done playing this game. It doesn't conform to the laws of physics.

Manthro sometimes you say great things but I have never met someone as condescending as you. You think because you are some high level player that you are always right and always have the right answers?? Sorry doesn't work that way.

It's very rare that I ignore someone but you've earned the honour. And yes I know you probably don't care but so be it. It doesn't seem possible to have an open-minded and intelligent discussion with you. DrShotgun presented some reasonable thoughts and arguments.
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    This is what I have been wondering too. If it's Bonecrusher's exterior surface that causes the bleed then it makes no sense that a bot would Bleed if they hit BC with a sword.

The whole robots with a sword doesn't really make sense in the game. Not all bots with swords cause bleed though you would think a sword attack would do so. Also, I guess not all sword users are sword masters since they are not all included in the sword masters synergy.
    edited May 2018
    Darm0k wrote: »

The whole robots with a sword doesn't really make sense in the game. Not all bots with swords cause bleed though you would think a sword attack would do so. Also, I guess not all sword users are sword masters since they are not all included in the sword masters synergy.

Well I guess there can be different types of swords although I wouldn't complain if they added a bleed to Grimlock's sword and/or made him a Swordmaster, haha. But that's not the point.

The point is that if the surface of your bot contacts Bonecrusher's surface his surface can make your bot bleed. Fair enough. But if your bot's surface doesn't contact BC's surface, i.e. you hit him with a sword, then how does BC inflict a Bleed on your bot??
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760

Well I guess there can be different types of swords although I wouldn't complain if they added a bleed to Grimlock's sword and/or made him a Swordmaster, haha. But that's not the point.

The point is that if the surface of your bot contacts Bonecrusher's surface his surface can make your bot bleed. Fair enough. But if your bot's surface doesn't contact BC's surface, i.e. you hit him with a sword, then how does BC inflict a Bleed on your bot??

Probably overthinking kabam’s ideas on bleeds caused by sword attack’s, but it’s known that they felt pain to parts of them even detached. Been documented in g1 that Optimus felt pain inflicted to the trailer and another part of him I can’t remember, even when physically separate. Don’t think it applies to soundwave though, as the cassettes were bots in their own right, but it’s there.
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    Grimlock and motormaster both use swords but to add them ro the swordmasters synegy (which increases the crit rate of sword attacks) would be counter productive against bots like bc and rhinox where crits cause bleed and shock dmaage by them sustaining critical hits with higher crit rates which is why scouts typically bleed to death hitting bc.

Probably overthinking kabam’s ideas on bleeds caused by sword attack’s, but it’s known that they felt pain to parts of them even detached. Been documented in g1 that Optimus felt pain inflicted to the trailer and another part of him I can’t remember, even when physically separate. Don’t think it applies to soundwave though, as the cassettes were bots in their own right, but it’s there.

Don't think so, even Kabam distinguishes between different the nature of different projectiles....Blaster for example can't absorb projectiles frrom Bludgeon because they aren't energy. Please tell me a how a bot can bleed by hitting with a sword. Don't know about the trailer pain but the swords aren't attached like the trailer or like Strascream's arm guns anyways, they are held.
  • Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    Here's a buff question:

Manthro sometimes you say great things but I have never met someone as condescending as you. You think because you are some high level player that you are always right and always have the right answers?? Sorry doesn't work that way.

It's very rare that I ignore someone but you've earned the honour. And yes I know you probably don't care but so be it. It doesn't seem possible to have an open-minded and intelligent discussion with you. DrShotgun presented some reasonable thoughts and arguments.

Don't mind Manny, I like to think of him like Grandpa Rick.

What’s even crazier than the contact/non-contact with a sword is that you can get bleed from hitting him with Primal’s heavy attack because of the damage type it inflicts.

What’s even crazier than the contact/non-contact with a sword is that you can get bleed from hitting him with Primal’s heavy attack because of the damage type it inflicts.

I could have sworn I noticed too in the last few days.
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    To be honest, I disagree with every bot listed. Soundwave is a nasty piece of work in the long game, Starscream wrecks more bots than I care to name (looking at you Primal!), Sideswipe is a sneaky bugger and a crit machine, Grindor is just a monster and Waspy is my main man demo, what a beast (literally).

If anyone needs a buff its feckin' Hound.
    SkBirdman wrote: »
    To be honest, I disagree with every bot listed. Soundwave is a nasty piece of work in the long game, Starscream wrecks more bots than I care to name (looking at you Primal!), Sideswipe is a sneaky bugger and a crit machine, Grindor is just a monster and Waspy is my main man demo, what a beast (literally).

I agree, Starscream wrecks Primal. But the point I was trying to make about him is that all top level content the fight is becomes more about countering the mods then the actual bot which is where Starscream is terribly pitiful.

Do you have some good gameplay with your wasp you could share? I would love to see it :)
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    Lapras wrote: »
    SkBirdman wrote: »

I agree, Starscream wrecks Primal. But the point I was trying to make about him is that all top level content the fight is becomes more about countering the mods then the actual bot which is where Starscream is terribly pitiful.

Do you have some good gameplay with your wasp you could share? I would love to see it :)

I dont do gameplay vids usually, eat a lot of space :) But I like Wasp because he doesnt play like a demo, he plays more straightforward, almost like a Tac. Theres no feast or famine with damage like say Mixmaster, his damage dealt is more constant and smoother.

• iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Here's a buff question:

@Red_Eyes what do your bots look like?

We could use someone with a mind like yours....
  • Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
    Thats it I’ve had enough. Hound needs a buff. Maybe faster change of ammo. I’ve given him a shot even r5 him forged him up. Dude is not good. I find he gets stuck when rolling at times. For instance, trying to evade IH sp2 he gets caught sometimes because of his roll.
    edited May 2018
    *sniff The truth hurts. ;)

But honestly, we greatly appreciate all your feedback and it's really helpful to have your insight as we look ahead to our future plans.

Keep the conversation going!
    -Concord

Thanks for joining the convo :)

One other thing I want to discuss is Primal’s sidestep. I think most people will agree that he is a little a unresponsive/delayed. It is really hard to sidestep multiple times and has been referred to as sticky feet. I really like his abilities, but I have a hard time playing with him.

Is this by design or a function of his animation? I don’t have a problem if it is by design intended to give a unique playing style, but if not I would love to see him become smoother to play with.