Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Will Megatronus be a Non-Playable Character?

ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
It seems that Megatronus has been set up to be in the game, but by seeing how all the Characters treat him like a "god", he seems like he's being set up as just an Act 4 Boss. Of course, Shockwave was an Act 3 Boss and was playable, but looking at MCOC, their Act 4 boss is a Non-Playable (and overpowered) character. Megatronus does seem fitting for an Act 4 boss, but by looking at this logically, it seems as though he might be Non-Playable. Any thoughts?
Tagged:

Comments

• BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    Does seem plausible, but Kabam likes to make sure no character is too over-the-top.

In the beginning, I had the thought that Megatronus might not have a class at all (like S-1000). Although he could just end up being a Demolitions.
  • Bumblebee wrote: »
    Does seem plausible, but Kabam likes to make sure no character is too over-the-top.

In the beginning, I had the thought that Megatronus might not have a class at all (like S-1000). Although he could just end up being a Demolitions.

I'm thinking he's gonna be Universal Class like the Maestro in Marvel Contest of Champions (Kabam''s other Game)

3vp9zgsz4lfc.jpg

And if he is Universal, he will just be a Boss instead of a playable character.
  • I'll let you all talk this out, but lips are gonna be sealed on this one!
  • Just wanna point out that Maestro is in no way op. He’s actually fairly simple in act 4. Now, if you wanna talk LoL....
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited August 2018
    Just wanna point out that Maestro is in no way op. He’s actually fairly simple in act 4. Now, if you wanna talk LoL....

I was referring to Maestro when he first came out, when players were new to him. When there were no 6-Star Champions or Stark Spideys to make him look like a walk in the park. But Lol Maestro is a nightmare, and Collector... No words can explain how frustrating Collector is.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited August 2018
    Since there may be Unicron later, I don't think Megatronus the Fallen is too powerful to be playable. And it will be great if we have non-relic Solus Prime which is... tech?
  • I hope he'll be playable but I understand if he isn't. Although it has been awhile since we've gotten a demo bot and Megatronus would be perfect for that class.

True, if he is playable he would be perfect for Demolitions considering he's covered in fire most of the time, Lol
    Since there may be Unicron later, I don't think Megatronus the Fallen is too powerful to be playable. And it will be great if we have non-relic Solus Prime which is... tech?

Solus Prime would be great for Tech, since she is an inventor. And technology can be normal tools, like her hammer.
  • Since he is an original prime(I think) I believe he won’t
  • Just please give me Megatronus as a playable character, that’s all I ask.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    I wanna be able to fight with ALL transformers. That includes combiners and "gods" and primes.

Come on @Kabam Miike throw us just one statement so we can crack the code!
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited August 2018
    I’m going to go ahead and guess he’ll be playable.

He showed up the same month that POTP premeried, but we got Cheetor instead.

My theory is that the original plan was to release him in May when the Power of the Primes series started, as a promo for the series (or perhaps even July when the final episode dropped) but for some reason they changed their mind. I could be wrong on that, but I don’t think it’s much of a stretch since they did something similar when they used the release of Hot Rod and Drift to promo The Last Knight when it hit theatres. You would have to assume that Hasbro wants some sortof cross promo between their series/movies and this game.

Another reason I think he could be playable is one of the mods talked about cycling through the class wheel again soon. IF they’ve started that class wheel release order again this month with tech Wheeljack, then next month would be a demolition class with fits the POTP Megatronus perfectly.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited August 2018
    So let's say it's Megatronus next month and let's say he is playable, who would he synergize with?? Primal, Grimlock and Windblade as enemies?? Any allies??
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    So let's say it's Megatronus next month and let's say he is playable, who would he synergize with?? Primal, Grimlock and Windblade as enemies?? Any allies??

MEGATRONus.
    So Meg G1, Meg MV2, Galvy G1?
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited August 2018
    BlackRazak wrote: »

MEGATRONus.

LOL, I think depends more on the content where Megatronus is present, not on his name. The two Megatrons aren't direct allies, same with the two Primes and Primal. But who knows, maybe you're right.
  • BlackRazak wrote: »

MEGATRONus.

I think he should have a special synergy with Galvatron since they both are heralds of Unicron
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105

MEGATRONus.

I think he should have a special synergy with Galvatron since they both are heralds of Unicron

So we'll definitely have a new insignia?
    Let's see how they animate his terrible, Mojo-Jojo inspired design.
    Already know that Kabam animates better than Machinima.
    Not a Bayverse fan, but their version of the Fallen looked the best.
    Followed by Megatronus RID.
    The original comics version had him looking like a KO Soundwave
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited August 2018

MEGATRONus.

So we'll definitely have a new insignia?

I'm not too sure if there will be a Unicron insigna for his heralds, but if there is, it would probably look like this:
    4cbpjm0lxus2.png
    And it would be cool if they used the insigna in the future to recognize any Heralds of Unicron and they could get like bonus synergies or boosts or something.
    And if there was something like that, these are the bots I would pick for the Herald bonus (I even selected character's that aren't in the game)
    Galvatron
    Megatronus
    Bludgeon
    Tarantulas
    Cyclonus
    Scourge
    Sideways
    Thunderwing
    Sweeps

• AnnatarAnnatar Posts: 101
    Megatronus must have synergy with G1 Megatron and Beast Wars Megatron. And that synergy should be called Triple Namesake.

Cheeky
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I'll let you all talk this out, but lips are gonna be sealed on this one!

Nitpickers, analyzers, theorists and Gravity Falls fans, do your work
  • Next act boss. Non-playable.
  • BlackRazak wrote: »

MEGATRONus.

You were right on all three, good job!!!

MEGATRONus.

You were right on all three, good job!!!

Predictable, that's all! :smile:
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Megatronus is already on the bot roster. Confirmed.
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    Megatronus is already on the bot roster. Confirmed.

True, but this thread was made a looooong time ago, when I thought Megatronous wasn't going to be playable. Thank Primus I was wrong.