Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Should backfire work through the Force Shield?

Because it doesn't and that's not cool. I feel that's something that should push through the force shield because it's like DOT damage, or rather an internal damage.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hey There,

Quick question, do you mean it isn't triggering if it activates while the shield is up, or is the backfire triggering the shield?

In the first case, it should work, in the second case, it would still be capped.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    The backfire engeged when the shield was up and it didn't do any damage. I'm assuming this is how it's supposed to work?
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Backfire deals direct damage, it's supposed to ignore all defensive effects (well, maybe except for resistance)
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    Backfire deals direct damage, it's supposed to ignore all defensive effects (well, maybe except for resistance)

Well, not resistances too. And I sincerely believe it shouldn't be capped if it triggers the shield, contradict to as @Kabam Miike Said.
  • I used barricade the other day on him. His shield was up and he triggered a special and it did go through his shield.
    I used barricade the other day on him. His shield was up and he triggered a special and it did go through his shield.

That's weird because I specifically put backfire on him and bathed him so he would use his special while his shield was up and it did no damage
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    That's weird because I specifically put backfire on him and bathed him so he would use his special while his shield was up and it did no damage

Was he pretty clean after? :)
    Haha....just noticed the typo lol...baited..BAITED haha
  • Its not that Backfire should or shouldn't work through a shield, the shield shouldn't even be a factor for Backfire in any fashion. I haven't personally noticed if Backfire and Force Shield interact with each other, but consider the descriptions of each ability:

1) The description for Backfire is it causes the special abilities of the bot (with the Backfire condition) to backfire and damage himself.
    2) The description for Force Shield includes, "If an enemy attack...Force Shield will activate, reducing all damage from enemy attacks...."
    3) Backfire isn't an attack itself, its a condition delivered via an attack like Stun, Nullify, Repair Block, etc..
    4) Damage as a result of Backfire isn't from an "enemy attack", its self-inflicted damage (i.e., the bot's special attack backfires on himself) as a result of activating one's own special attacks.

Maybe these abilities don't work as described--like some masteries that also don't work according to their descriptions. If Backfire/Force Shield don't work as described, that's a bug that Kabam should either correct, or change the description to correctly match how they actually work.

@KabamMiike is wrong--based on descriptions for Backfire/Force Shield. Backfire should not be able to trigger the Force Shield since its not an enemy attack, and if the Force Shield is already active, Backfire should not be prevented from activating and operating as normal because, again, its not an enemy attack.
  • Or simply, it's more like instant damaging Debuff like Dark Burn and Instant Shocks.
    I don't Debuff damage has anything to do with Force Shield.
  • Backfire is delivered by ranged or special attacks therefore the means of delivery are what triggers the force field
  • Now if the devs wanted to keep true to WJ’s nature they would make him highly susceptible to backfire
    edited September 2018
    Backfire is delivered by ranged or special attacks therefore the means of delivery are what triggers the force field

Activating the opponents special is what triggers backfire. It's an internal damage, not external. The delivery is by ranged or melee but the activation is internal.
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    Backfire is delivered by ranged or special attacks therefore the means of delivery are what triggers the force field

Activating the opponents special is what triggers backfire. It's an internal damage, not external. The delivery is by ranged or melee but the activation is internal.

Correct, I got a little sidetracked.
  • And For Wheeljack, backfires must do 20% more damage!