Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Ultra Magnus ability

Does this work on base defense?
6khrafjz39qa.png
Tagged:

Comments

• LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    As a defender “alone” he only gets the 20% physical resistance.
  • Maybe @DrShotgun means: if I put him in base and he is the very last bot, does he acquire +35,2% because most "teammates" are already dead (because 4 bots on the base have already been defeated)?
    If so, that's the same question I've been asking myself some weeks ago... can anybody give an answer for sure? What do you say about this @Kabam Miike ?
    Can bots on the base be considered as teammates of UM? Otherwise I think that his sig. on the base would be quite debuffed.
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    Maybe @DrShotgun means: if I put him in base and he is the very last bot, does he acquire +35,2% because most "teammates" are already dead (because 4 bots on the base have already been defeated)?
    If so, that's the same question I've been asking myself some weeks ago... can anybody give an answer for sure? What do you say about this @Kabam Miike ?
    Can bots on the base be considered as teammates of UM? Otherwise I think that his sig. on the base would be quite debuffed.

The answer is no. It would make him unbalanced as a defender. It was like that for about 2 weeks once upon a time, but they quickly changed it.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Yeah I meant as the last bot. I mean, that's great in missions and AM but it leaves him at a distinct disadvantage on defense...that's basically a bot without an ability.
  • No synergies or benefits from team mates like UM has apply to base defences. I agree with a lot of folks that's not right and should be fixed
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    @Kabam Miike can you shed some light on this subject? Since UM relies on the well-being of his teammates, is his ability basically nullified on defense? I use him quite often on base because he's my only 5/50 tactician right now.
  • Hey all, I thought I knew the answer here, but wanted to be 100% sure, so I asked some questions of the Bot Design team, and we have an answer!

When on Base Defense, Ultra Magnus's Signature Ability treats him as if he is "alone", so he will gain the Physical Resistance. This is because we can't take into account all of the other Bots on the board (same reason there are no synergies on Raid Defense.)
  • Ok, thanks @Kabam Miike for the answer