Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

RIP stan lee

No this is not marvel but the man wrote amazing comics and transformers has amazing comics so I thought I'd share this here. You will bee missed as will your stories. Which continue to spur other comics to achieve your level of amazingness.
Tagged:

Comments

• No words can express how creative Stan Lee was. He helped create one of my favorite fictional characters of all time: Spider-man. Spider-man and Marvel itself helped shape my childhood, and Stan Lee is one of the reasons why those characters exist. It's.... sad. I feel broken by this news, but sadly that's life. It doesn't last forever. But hopefully his dream will.
    R.IP. Stan Lee.
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    I thought 2018 couldn't get much worse, I stand very corrected and saddened, it had to be stan... I can't even describe how much I adored stan lee's creations, although I never had them in my childhood. May he rest in piece.
  • UrAverageMalakaUrAverageMalaka Posts: 664
    edited November 2018
    I am here to say Rip to a legend. Rest in peace to one of the most creative minds in existence. The One Above All will always live on
  • He will never be forgotten RIP Stan Lee
  • Its a terribly sad time. I am just grateful that I managed to meet the man and speak to him, if only for a few moments.
  • JmdJmd Posts: 45
    Without Stan keeping the ship together, Marvel would've folded in the '60s -- and without Marvel, Transformers wouldn't exist.

Thanks again for everything Stan. RIP.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Transformers were CREATED BY MARVEL.

Their names, origins, personalities, factions, etc.
    Otherwise they'd just be piloted mecha.

So, thank you, Stan Lee.
    God bless your brilliant imagination that forms the basis of every child's fantasies.
    Excelsior!
  • Now, We won't see those Better-than-the-movie-itself Cameos again
    Now, We won't see those Better-than-the-movie-itself Cameos again

I'm actually GLAD that Stan 'The Man' NEVER CAMEOD in any TF movie.

You see, Stan Lee (bless him) was all about STORYTELLING, PLOTS, IDENTITY (How else would you explain 2 teams of similarly dressed heroes: The X-Men and The Fantastic Four; having amazing, different personalities and character) and FUN.
    The movies never got this.

It's like camaraderie is an alien or taboo subject.
    The CARING, VALIANT Optimus Prime in the G1 cartoon (also MARVEL) is PURE STAN LEE. Also the brilliant dynamic of the Autobots!
    Even the Decepticon interaction, code of conduct and motivation REEKS of Stan Lee's principles for bad guys, making them truly three dimensional.

Which is something Michael Bay (and KABAM) could learn A LOT from. Intelligent design BEATS spectacle EVERYTIME.

Stupid people like stupid things. Which is why the movies only showcase FORCED badassery. No one cares about the turgid Autobots and their horrible, mean-spirited attitude towards each other, or Murdermus Prime, who's a combination of a fortune cookie and a chainsaw.
    edited November 2018
    Behold the Transformers Gods:
    - Stan Lee*
    - Bob Budiansky**
    - Floro Dery***
    - Herb Trimpe (G1 Artist)
    - Don Perlin (G1 Artist)
    - Derek Yaniger (G2 Artist, gave them bullets, machine parts)
    - Simon Furman (G1 till NOW!)
    - Bob Forward (Added intelligence, with BW)

* Marvel's Big Cheese
    ** Literally INVENTED TF lore
    *** G1 Aesthetic Creator

n41lb2mbub7w.jpg
  • JmdJmd Posts: 45
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    - Stan Lee*
    - Bob Budiansky**
    - Floro Dery***
    - Don Perlin (G1 Artist)

I'd add Jim Shooter to that list. He basically created Transformers, then gave the idea to Denny and then Budiansky to develop.
    edited November 2018
    Jmd wrote: »
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    - Stan Lee*
    - Bob Budiansky**
    - Floro Dery***
    - Don Perlin (G1 Artist)

I'd add Jim Shooter to that list. He basically created Transformers, then gave the idea to Denny and then Budiansky to develop.

D'oh!
    Mos Def

But i never understood why MARVEL (well, Budiansky, Shooter, etc) and FLORO DERRY never get the credit they DESERVE.
    Kinda makes me puke how this talented bunch never get as much as a mention or thanks in any of today's transformers media.
    Disgusting.
    Instead we get armies of Bay apologists THANKING him for making them 'badarse'.
    He KILLED THEIR PERSONALITIES.
    KILLED THEIR HONOR.
    STOP KILLING STAN LEE'S LEGACY OF WIT, HEART AND INTELLIGENCE.
  • Just to echo the sentiments here, Stan Lee was an inspiration to me. Super hero stories shaped a lot of my life, and it's going to hurt when we get to that first movie where there's no cameo.