Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Is this a bug in the forums or what is it?

Every once in a while, someone’s posts disappear. You can see they made a post in a thread as so:

g8ml93os2ah3.jpeg

In this case, you can see that Warrior2410 made the last post in some of these threads. However, if you go to the thread, you don’t see it. If you view the user’s profile, you see this

ja74cf4wjif8.jpeg

At the bottom, there’s the error message about not having access. This happens if I’m logged in as me or if I’m signed out and anonymous.

Whenever you click on a link to read a thread and there’s one of these posts by someone who’s gone “missing,” instead of taking you to the last post, it takes you to the top of the page and you have to scroll down.

I guess I’m wondering if this is a bug in the forums, the user has been banned (but the avatar doesn’t have the bars or the banned image), if the user is blocked, or something else.
Tagged:

Comments

• VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited January 2019
    I'm curious about this too. It happened to me once and i thought I was temporary banned. All my post would show up a day later (like someone had to review it). Thinking back, my assumption on what may have caused this is that I was editing a bunch of different posts when it happened. Maybe there's a spam protection and if you try to spam posts, the forum will suspend you for a bit. Just a guess..i can be totally way off.
  • GtronGtron Posts: 117
    Haven’t had that but my screen will flash & refresh a lot & freezes up not responding. Only with forums since I got the maintenance warning.g1lrnwnq25i0.png
    w3vbrt7si2cf.png
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    Yeah, I noticed this too.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    To @xJamesss

Just a heads up. I noticed that this is affecting your posts too at the moment.

Saw this, but when viewing the thread, your posts don’t show up.

37za8ohf148f.jpeg

And your profile has that no access message.

noqbnwxpbha7.jpeg
  • Hey y'all, just some further insight on this one. This is the result of an active Spam/Abuse filter. After a certain number of Spam or Abuse tags, Users can get caught in the spam filter, and need to be manually approved. This is a safety feature.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Hey y'all, just some further insight on this one. This is the result of an active Spam/Abuse filter. After a certain number of Spam or Abuse tags, Users can get caught in the spam filter, and need to be manually approved. This is a safety feature.

Thanks for the info on what’s been going on. Hopefully there are some checks and balances on the flagging so it isn’t misused for nefarious purposes.