Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Vegas Toy Con

Vegas Toy Con was in town this past weekend and they had a bunch of other stuff there, but it was definitely a place to get Transformers stuff and meet a lot of the actors. One of the best weekends of my life! Got to meet a lot of my childhood heroes and get some sweet deals on things. I apologize in advance for the length of the post, but here are some pics of the things I was able to get!

q7ruspK.jpgSweet deal on Windblade, and Slipstream (Chinese redeco of Windblade). Slipstream has snap on guns instead of a sword.

9Kmqhok.jpgThe last part of my Siege collection. Been looking everywhere for this guy!

EaF3AA1.jpgI saw Skywarp, Thundercracker, and Acid Storm there also. I went with Sunstorm, partly because of price also because he just seems cool.

qnAgMef.jpgGot both of these for $25 each.

XKmRlWt.jpgOne vendor was giving these away. There were a lot more but I didn't want to hog them all, so I grabbed some of my faves!

gKo9EUk.jpgNot sure how anyone could pass this up--unless they had one already.

SQqBlC1.jpgAnd, can't have Blaster without Soundwave! Cassette fight! Almost had this signed by Frank Welker but he left the convention 2hrs early!

pTuK7V9.jpgFlash Gordon has always been one of my favorite movies! Sam Jones is cool! Hung out for a while and just talked about whatever. Got a pic with him but my wife put it away already, I think. Never knew he was tall either! I'm 6' and he put his arm around my shoulder for the pic like I was a kid! Lol!

7Tp18nA.jpgThe first pic in my life I actually WANTED to take! Peter Cullen and Frank Welker...and my family too! Lol! People say "Oh, he's nice," or "He's the sweetest," or whatever, and that describes these guys to a tee! They couldn't have been and kinder or more patient (I was kind of acting like a star-struck fanboy) and just being able to hang out with them for a few minutes was amazing!

My wife has pics we took with Gregg Berger and Michael Bell. She hasn't sent them to me yet, so I'll post them as soon as I get them.

YKOvBu3.jpgMy 4K version of the movie--autographed by Peter Cullen, Gregg Berger and Michael Bell! Wooo!

gvYP0Xm.jpg?1These are cards from the Transformers card game, autographed by their actors: Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Gregg Berger (Jetfire--Skyfire in the cartoon), and Michael Bell (Prowl).

mO5JrCN.jpgAnother autograph from Gregg Berger, this time to me directly! "Til All Are G1!" Hahahaha!

tRT2yfq.jpgMichael Bell was quite possibly the friendliest of all of them! I asked for the MP-12+ to be autographed, he signed the other one for free, and still signed them directly to me! I think I talked with him more than anyone else there. I did have a chance to get a pic and autograph with Mark Ryan who did Bumblebee's voice, but I saw him leaving while I was still talking with Mr. Bell!

Mr. Bell and Mr. Berger both said they were going to be at TFCon in Burbank in 2 weeks! Already making plans to go out that way!

Tagged:

Comments

• MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Amazing! I would love to be there. And of course get Peter Cullen to say: I, am Optimus Prime... And @Halloweendm is a friend of the Autobots.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited March 2019
    @Halloweendm amazing convention 👍 I wish I went with you what a day and that’s so amazing you got to talk to the actors 😮 and get those amazing action figures and autographs 😮 Congrats man 😁
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Very nice, happy you and your beatiful family had a great time!
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    Damn sounds like you had an amazing time! I wish I had been there!

And yeah, some great pickups, but the photo with Welker and Cullen just takes the cake.
  • Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I've met Frank Welker before, and I can agree that he's probably one of the best human beings in existence. I really wish I could have been there.
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    Thanks, guys. 'Wonderful', 'amazing', 'great', those words don't seem like enough to accurately describe it. But since this was my first convention, I'm sure that had a lot to do with how awestruck I was. There also was a private Q&A with Welker and Cullen for about half an hour. The back and forth between them was too cool for words, and at one point, Welker shouted, "I AM MEGATRON, LEADER OF THE DECEPTICONS!!", so loudly, his voice so perfect and on point that Cullen nearly jumped off his stool!

I really was star struck with Welker and Cullen but they were so friendly and understanding and incredibly nice to my wife and kids. Berger and Bell its hard to say they were more friendly, but I was able to spend more time chatting with them. Gregg is so energetic and happy, its hard not to feel the same way just being around him. Instead of one pic with him, we got like three or four extra at no charge, some with my family, some without.

When Michael Bell first told me he never knew about the Siege toyline or the upcoming cartoon, I went to a vendor there and bought him a Siege Sideswipe! I'm not saying it to brag or anything. I just never thought I'd be in a position to do something like that for one of my childhood heroes. It felt so great being able to do that for him. I really hope he and Gregg can get in on the Siege cartoon. To me, it seems like it should be the only thing to do to get as many of the original G1 actors as possible since Siege is supposed to take place right before they leave Cybertron for Earth.

• Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Thanks, guys. 'Wonderful', 'amazing', 'great', those words don't seem like enough to accurately describe it. But since this was my first convention, I'm sure that had a lot to do with how awestruck I was. There also was a private Q&A with Welker and Cullen for about half an hour. The back and forth between them was too cool for words, and at one point, Welker shouted, "I AM MEGATRON, LEADER OF THE DECEPTICONS!!", so loudly, his voice so perfect and on point that Cullen nearly jumped off his stool!

I really was star struck with Welker and Cullen but they were so friendly and understanding and incredibly nice to my wife and kids. Berger and Bell its hard to say they were more friendly, but I was able to spend more time chatting with them. Gregg is so energetic and happy, its hard not to feel the same way just being around him. Instead of one pic with him, we got like three or four extra at no charge, some with my family, some without.

When Michael Bell first told me he never knew about the Siege toyline or the upcoming cartoon, I went to a vendor there and bought him a Siege Sideswipe! I'm not saying it to brag or anything. I just never thought I'd be in a position to do something like that for one of my childhood heroes. It felt so great being able to do that for him. I really hope he and Gregg can get in on the Siege cartoon. To me, it seems like it should be the only thing to do to get as many of the original G1 actors as possible since Siege is supposed to take place right before they leave Cybertron for Earth.

Amazing I wish I was there too lol 😂
  • WOW!! Sounds like you and your family had a lot of fun!!
    I really wish I was there, but Las Vegas is a long way from Maine! Lol!!
    So glad you finally got to meet the actors!!
    Also, Awesome figures there buddy!!
    And yeah, I totally agree with you that Cullen, Welker, Burger, and Bell should really voice some of the characters in the WFC-T
    It would make the show really come to life, and give it even more on a Generation 1 feel!!
    Once again, so glad that you had such a great time!
    The whole thing sounds Awesome!! 😁❤️⭐️😍😎👌🏻😮😃
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    edited March 2019
    ahhhh kfc transistor cool!
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    I almost didn't get it. As the vendors were closing, I was having a hard time making up my mind until I remembered I just got the Masterpiece Soundwave! Blaster is a little outgunned since Soundwave has 5 cassettes (Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage) and Blaster only has Rewind and Steeljaw. I thought it was hilarious though that he comes with those speakers from the G1 episode where he fought Soundwave.
  • Oh my gosh!! Thank you so much for dropping by and sharing this with all of us. I'm so glad to hear you had a fantastic time. I'm way jealous! :scream:
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I wish I was there too...the experience must've been absolutely fantastic!