Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How Did You Get Into Transformers Or Find Out About It?

2»

Comments

• When I was in high school, a friend of mine was into Transformers. I used to give him grief with the whole "cartoons are for kids" stuff. He asked me if I had ever watched them, and got me to sit down one afternoon to check it out. Which meant watching episodes on the VCR, lol. I've been a fan ever since :)
  • CarrotBoy2kCarrotBoy2k Posts: 164
    I was born in 1972, and so was there for the start of the TV series and G1 toy line.

Some Transformers air times conflicted with church, and for awhile we didn't have a VCR to record it. So I would leave the TV on and set up a CASSETTE TAPE recorder running next to it, so I could at least HEAR the episode later. <3

Now, thanks to Netflix, my 10 year old got to see all the G1 episodes a few years ago. Yay!
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    I was born in 1972, and so was there for the start of the TV series and G1 toy line.

Some Transformers air times conflicted with church, and for awhile we didn't have a VCR to record it. So I would leave the TV on and set up a CASSETTE TAPE recorder running next to it, so I could at least HEAR the episode later. <3

Now, thanks to Netflix, my 10 year old got to see all the G1 episodes a few years ago. Yay!

*Cough*TORRENT*Cough*
    I've always felt if you've bought the VHS/LaserDisc/VCD before, P2P is fair game.
    Plus there are some really difficult stuff you won't get in stores, @CarrotBoy2k .
    You and your son deserve Masterforce, Zone, and the rest.
    PM me if necessary
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    When I was in high school, a friend of mine was into Transformers. I used to give him grief with the whole "cartoons are for kids" stuff. He asked me if I had ever watched them, and got me to sit down one afternoon to check it out. Which meant watching episodes on the VCR, lol. I've been a fan ever since :)

I find that this is the funniest way to get into transformers