Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Who is the better PRIME

Pretty self explanatory. I have non duped 5* versions of both. Who is the best Optimus?
Trukk not monkey

Who is the better PRIME 48 votes

MV1 Prime
18%
DrShotgunZenkarHbomb761121893JIMMY_SABOptimalOptimus_MV1hsb13Primerprime5afextwin 9 votes
OG Prime
81%
CandKaneCanuck33BeastdadGunz0KillMasterCChuck_CanuckMufc14FlrsbwA13X2017ParadoxFuryserdoodThuleBropocalypsethat1guyDaveJLTracked_SignalSkBirdmanBlack_ThoughtUnknownShadow2021Phoenix8318 39 votes

Comments

• 11218931121893 Posts: 144
    MV1 Prime
    If you have not duped both of them then go with mv1
    He doesn't need to be duped
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Nemesis Prime, becuase he's so good that kabam can't nerf him before adding him 😎
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    OG Prime
    Megatronus Prime > Optimus Prime > Hot Rod not getting out of the way and killing Optimus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The flame truck that was called a "Prime" for some reason I don't know
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    OG Prime
    GS Prime is just so much better
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    OG Prime
    I'd go with G1 prime...he is great duped or unduped
  • MV1 Prime
    If you're the kind of person that goes for short combo chains and Sp1s, then MV1 will wipe the floor with OG. And let's not forget that if the 2 were pitted against each other, MV1 would be able to recover his health lost from OGs critical hit Bleeds, maybe even gain more health. Even in the very worst case, MV1's Signature would give him enough time to heal from any Bleeds or OHKO OG with his Sp1.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    OG Prime
    I voted G Prime, but upon reflection I believe MV1 is better. G Prime is better if paired with Ratchet though and has better synergy.
  • AnakinPrimeAnakinPrime Posts: 229
    They both are great in their own ways. Impossible for me to choose. I main them both.
  • OG Prime
    Why not bring both? They’re different classes after all. Saves the hassle of trying to decide
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited April 2019
    MV1 Prime
    While i do believe that OG prime is better than mv1, mv1 doesn't necessarily need the dupe to be brilliant. He also dishes out a lot of damage. But when that og prime is duped, he will be much better than mv1. And my opinion will differ. However i prefer og prime
  • OG Prime
    I’m honestly not sure why people say g1 needs duped to be great. He’s great as it is unduped. Permanent armour break, great synergies, multiple melee buffs. He has more than many duped bots can offer. Plus his sp2 hits like a truck......

Point is, he’s great without the sig. but with it he’s godlike.
  • ReworkRework Posts: 122
    I’m honestly not sure why people say g1 needs duped to be great. He’s great as it is unduped. Permanent armour break, great synergies, multiple melee buffs. He has more than many duped bots can offer. Plus his sp2 hits like a truck......

Kind of agree here. With OG Prime, I just build up to SP3 and, unless he's really outclassed, that's usually a killing move. No need to be awakened.
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited April 2019
    MV1 Prime
    Rework wrote: »

Kind of agree here. With OG Prime, I just build up to SP3 and, unless he's really outclassed, that's usually a killing move. No need to be awakened.

He needs to be awakened to be better and end the fight quicker
  • OG Prime

Yeah, but my point was that while mv1 doesn’t need his sig to be good, neither does g1. He’s already great. His sig just adds another devastating tool to his arsenal. Many had said if he’s duped, but he doesn’t need to be.
    OG Prime
    After testing his damage in rok, I can say that Optimus Prime does not need to be awakened to be better than that hobo with 2 tiny swords. Attack buffs + armor breaks already made him a hard hitter. While his signature ability, Breach is only icing on an already well-baked cake so...

Your need to be awakened to be better and end the fight quicker
  • Warrior2410Warrior2410 Posts: 154
    OG Prime
    I'm surprised I'm only seeing this now. MV1 vs G1 Prime

Let's start with the minority: MV1
    MV1 is a very nice and basic brawler class bot. He has fine damage and fine health, along with boosters to these (armor and melee buffs). What he and G1 Prime have is higher special damage than what their class averages to be. MV1, in particular, has a very nice special one that increases damage based on lost health. This is the main reason why MV1 is so popular: His high potential special damage is very useful and powerful. Not only that, but his specials have the potential to inflict bleeds. More on them later. MV1's signature is a safety net, granting armor and melee buffs. This armor is much more powerful than the one he gets while blocking, though is just as prone to armor break as any other brawler. Armor breaking even one stack breaks the invincibility. Along with that, this has no effect on damaging debuffs.

G1 Prime is also just as simple as MV1, although with a few more complications. Prime gains armor and attack buffs. Notice I said attack buffs because he gains more depending on how many teammates he has with him (so does the strength of the attack and armor buffs). Armor is gained through blocking, but attack buffs are always granted when activating a heavy attack. This is more consistent than MV1's melee buffs. G1's special attacks inflict armor break (so there goes MV1's signature ability) and are able to stack very nicely. G1's special three, in particular, inflicts a permanent armor break, albeit only one. This in tandem, works very well with his signature ability. Speaking of which, his signature allows bleeds on critical melee hits, provided the enemy's armor has been broken. This means that his signature benefits from storing enough power to achieve a special three. While you have no safety net, a good Commander does not require one.

So, make of this what you will. But as you can see, my choice is G1 Prime. Hope this helps ya out.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    edited April 2019
    OG Prime
    Gunz69 wrote: »
    While his signature ability, Breach is only icing on an already well-baked cake so...

What’s a cake without icing? Unless it’s one of them jam cakes
    OG Prime
    Kitten wrote: »
    Gunz69 wrote: »
    While his signature ability, Breach is only icing on an already well-baked cake so...

What’s a cake without icing? Unless it’s one of them jam cakes

29ldvj1xtspw.jpg
    This is a 1* Optimus Prime
  • Just wanted to drop in like a proud parent and say thank you for having a constructive conversation about all this! :) It's fun to read what y'all think of the bots and the pros/cons with them.
  • OG Prime
    G1 Prime. Dont care about in-game stats. G1 looks better, so that is my choice.
    By the way, there should be somekind of preference to be set on account, like if like G1 that you would get those bots from crystals more often. Im and old geezer, I know nothing about beast wars etc. For us 80`s kids, G1 is the only I am looking for to see and play. Even if they are weaker. Id trade my 4* Megatronus for G1 version instantly.
    By the way, when do we get real-time PvP? That is missing. (Ofc all bots with same level, for example 3* fully upgraded, signature lv.1).
    And a fix that you cannot back-dash when there is a wall behind a bot to evade. (Sidestepping allowed, but not back dash) And when a bot has `evade`, why is this backdash always, not SideStep? I hate when my bot auto-evades by backdashing and then attack is ranged?! I want to be in opponents face all the time.

But short answer: G1 Prime, hands down.