Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

General forging strategy

小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
My strategy as a medium level squad player. Correct me if you think there is some inefficiencies here

1. 4star. Max rank sig before forging unless in a rush. Always max rank forge the most unwanted bot first. Never forge a 4* if there is any chance you want to use thit 5* version (example bone crusher, I don’t even rank him cuz I know I might want to forge him into 5* version someday). Cuz same bot forging is more efficient.

2. 3star. Max rank, upgrade sig with programs if have any, otherwise forge instantly. If possible try same bot forging, but i don’t have very high forging points with my squad, I don’t usually bother with same bot forging. Actually it is more complex than this. If I am in hurry to forge up my 5* I will forge instantly, otherwise I wait a little so my bot has more sig level. Right now I am in hurry cuz I want to beat master without spending energon every month, so my priority is to forge as much as possible. When I get to a point I can fully explore master easily even on a though month, I will definitely wait til sig level is more than 50

3. 2star. Never rank up. I always do same bot forging. Try use sig programs before forging, otherwise when in hurry I don’t usually care about sig level and just forge.

4. Bot crystal opening. I only ever open crystal when I am sure I will able to use those class ores in time.

5.always use programs on bot you want same bot forging. I believe it maybe more efficient (not really sure). Again if you in hurry u might not want to wait.

Comments

• 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited May 2019
    Update #1
    I am not so sure, but I think rushing 4* forging may not be good idea(let’s ignore arena, I only use 5* in arena). It seems with rank 4/5 5*, max forging only gain you about 1k -1.5k rating. which is really not game changing....rank 5/5 5* you may gain much more, so in that case you might not want to wait for max sig. but if you don’t have rank 5/5 5* of same class, I think it is better to wait sig upgrade cuz the 1k-1.5k gain is not that much.

Experiment, as you can see from forge level 23 to 66, u don’t really gain much in attack and health. Class bonus is much bigger improvement but may not be worth enough lhpzoaa2zxgr.png

edited May 2019
    Another screenshot, forging max 4* prime, gains you from 0 level to 40 level forge and the gain is a meh.

sni7ocxb3nei.png
  • In fact, it will give 36/100, not 40/75...
    See other thread on forging (bugs)
    In fact, it will give 36/100, not 40/75...

U ar absolutely right. In the same video I took screenshot from his bot end up with 36 not 40
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    In fact, it will give 36/100, not 40/75...

Yeah. It’s about time to ping Kabam on that one again.
  • No need to ping us again. We're very aware of it. It's something we're looking at and trying to get an accurate understanding on to determine what needs to be done.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    So you don't have to rank up your 2* at all? Why?
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Mutantdoc wrote: »

I don't either. Only level up max at R1. The gold per XP cost is too high compared to what you get from higher star bots. It's not cost effective unless you don't care about gold/ore.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Mutantdoc wrote: »

I think it was said that the resources need to max a 2 Star wasn’t worth the xp you got from it.

Well, except for these guys:

dlvhfhrl7efq.gif
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    OK thanks bros, I wish they would explain it all clearly but this is a useful guide