Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How would the community feel about Gifting or Trading to their in game friends?

I would like to add a rule to this, that if Kabam adds this, people cannot trade with people they JUST friended, maybe after like a day?

How would the community feel about Gifting or Trading to their in game friends? 54 votes

Yes!
27%
SavageCabbageHalloweendmIgoranThuleSilentHunter2GroundwavebillygovolsDeadMemeBoiSparkEaterOldSkoolGamercreepshow5GinjaPrimerprime5GeneralZ9Ultimateprime11 15 votes
No!
42%
ManthroJKLCheifloadedGunz0KillMasterCMufc14Down_UnderdvsgodserdoodSeb1976Black_ThoughtMr_WonderfulJIMMY_SABButtehrsCrossidesComic_DimensionOptimalOptimus_MV1CarrotBoy2klightningbaronHijacker2531 23 votes
It has potential (Yes, but more of a maybe)
16%
Chuck_CanuckInimitable713DrShotgunBntyhntr3232_PeasSycko5Transformator79DragmaFirebot 9 votes
I dunno, sounds a little much (No, needs a lot of work to make it work)
12%
Austin555555Bazzatron1979JmdBlackRazakBonesetterHUNKitteniiDyingLight 7 votes

Comments

• SavageCabbageSavageCabbage Posts: 22
    edited August 2019
    Yes!
    I was actually a yes vote, because I feel it has to be a thing, so don't harass me just because I voted on my own poll, thank you. First time I'll say this: EDIT: I didn't think it told me what I voted. Also, I don't like it when people say "EDIT:" I only said it because I didn't know any other ways to say it.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    No!
    The community sees this discussion ocurring every month.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    edited August 2019
    No!
    The community sees this discussion ocurring every month.

Agreed.

And regardless of how many safeguards were put in place, gifting would be abused to oblivion. In a game breaking sort of way. This game cannot survive the chaos and downright cheating that would ensue.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    No!
    Make it stop.

Please.

I vote instant ban for anyone suggesting trading ever again
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited August 2019
    I dunno, sounds a little much (No, needs a lot of work to make it work)
    This would start the trend of entire AM groups being manned by ONE guy.

OP, you forgot to factor in some of us have entirely way too much time on our hands.

End result:
    Potential top 3 AMs filled up by ONE in-between jobs fella, powered by his rich dad's AMEX

EDIT: with tonnes of RedBull
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Maybe if...

1) ...it's more like selling. The person receiving the items have to buy them with a fixed amount of energon set by Kabam. For example, to buy a t3c is 100 energon, a t4b is 150 energon, t3 AM squad revive kit is 50 energon, and so on. People could still have alt accounts, but it will at least cost the primary account energon.

2) ...if the items being gifted are only items that can be purchased with real money is a store separate from the standard one. It could be a separate tab at the top and include AM kits, batteries, rotating class sparks, basic sparks, etc. This probably will remove the use of alt accounts for farming since if they're spending real money anyway, may as well do it from the primary.
    No!
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Maybe if...

1) ...it's more like selling. The person receiving the items have to buy them with a fixed amount of energon set by Kabam. For example, to buy a t3c is 100 energon, a t4b is 150 energon, t3 AM squad revive kit is 50 energon, and so on. People could still have alt accounts, but it will at least cost the primary account energon.

2) ...if the items being gifted are only items that can be purchased with real money is a store separate from the standard one. It could be a separate tab at the top and include AM kits, batteries, rotating class sparks, basic sparks, etc. This probably will remove the use of alt accounts for farming since if they're spending real money anyway, may as well do it from the primary.

150 for a t4b? That's insane. Waaaaay too cheap! Look at the price of the various spark deals when Kabam has them. There's no comparison.

This discussion is irrelevant and a waste of bandwidth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the mods have stated in the past that a trading/gifting system will never come to this game.
    Nightpath wrote: »
    150 for a t4b? That's insane. Waaaaay too cheap! Look at the price of the various spark deals when Kabam has them. There's no comparison.

This discussion is irrelevant and a waste of bandwidth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the mods have stated in the past that a trading/gifting system will never come to this game.

I'm just throwing out random numbers so it could be higher. But I don't think it should be something too high or else people selling would be getting too much energon (I mean, they're still losing a resource too). I'm just thinking of ways this could be done without making it a free for all.
    No!
    Darm0k wrote: »

I'm just throwing out random numbers so it could be higher. But I don't think it should be something too high or else people selling would be getting too much energon (I mean, they're still losing a resource too). I'm just thinking of ways this could be done without making it a free for all.

I appreciate the thought. But.... It's going to be a free-for-all, regardless of what safeguards we think we could come up with. There are too many clever cheaters out there who can game the system. It's a downright bad idea.

And I seem to have misunderstood your earlier statement. I assumed that when you meant Energon for the resource, you meant that they had to pay that Energon for the privilege of trading/gifting -- and that no one would be receiving it.

Sorry, but this whole concept not only opens up the game to massive cheating, but also shoots Kabam point-blank by taking another chunk of their profits away.
    And I seem to have misunderstood your earlier statement. I assumed that when you meant Energon for the resource, you meant that they had to pay that Energon for the privilege of trading/gifting -- and that no one would be receiving it.

Ahh, that probably would be better for Kabam if something ever like this was implemented. But then there’d be no motivation for the seller.

Cheating is happening even without gifting/trading/selling. However, there are still probably a bunch of honest players who could benefit from something.

I guess if they limit it to real money items, then at least Kabam can get something out of this (hacked or stolen credit cards notwithstanding).

I’m not for or against this either way so none of it really matters to me. Just tossing out ideas.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    If it's like equivalent exchange like say, ore for ore and sparks for sparks of the same tier then yeah, I certainly wouldn't mind having more of a specific way of getting sparks that I want than through the RNG of crystals
  • I dunno, sounds a little much (No, needs a lot of work to make it work)
    Maybe. If they make it like Clash Royale, such as only gifting or trading one bot per one or two days. That may balance things out.
  • Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 149
    No!
    Still a firm No
  • Yes!
    Never saw these posts, but then again, I barely look here, so, now that I see why people say no, I have to agree, but thats why I think people should be on each others friend lists, for at least, 3 days-ish which is why I made this post, tbh
  • Yes!
    I would like trading, that would be really cool especially if you could trade bots.
  • No!
    Why for the love of Cybertron is this thread resurrected??
  • I'll let you know now, we don't have plans to introduce this is into The Fight. It can be a very sticky/messy piece of content.
  • No!
    I'll let you know now, we don't have plans to introduce this is into The Fight. It can be a very sticky/messy piece of content.

Hallelujah! The only time I'm very glad to see new content denied.
  • No!
    Please close this.
  • It has potential (Yes, but more of a maybe)
    I'll let you know now, we don't have plans to introduce this is into The Fight. It can be a very sticky/messy piece of content.

Thanks...and...

InB4cLoSe!