Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

AM timer

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Just remembered where I heard the phrase :D
    lcng5oyzsnon.jpeg
  • Options
  • Options
    I have no doubt that the majority of the Transformers fans are Americans and Japanese, so I couldn’t agree more with you it’s about the staff (the whole 3 of them) not about expanding in the mighty Iraqi market.
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Mufc14 wrote: »
    I have no doubt that the majority of the Transformers fans are Americans and Japanese, so I couldn’t agree more with you it’s about the staff (the whole 3 of them) not about expanding in the mighty Iraqi market.

That's what I assumed as well. They're in Toronto and probably outsourcing in places like India. This adjustment is perfect for that, but I got to thinking, how does this help when the game is "open" 24 hours?

Maybe it was for bugs bc under the prior start times, it'll be after lunch for them, closer to EOD when they become aware, but so far it has not helped at all. It's actually made it worse because the time it takes for someone to respond bug/issues are now longer with an earlier start. Even when we get a response, it reads like it's so rushed... which makes me believe this is to help staff so they can also give attention to....
  • Options
    Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    edited November 2019
    Voltron wrote: »

That's what I assumed as well. They're in Toronto and probably outsourcing in places like India. This adjustment is perfect for that, but I got to thinking, how does this help when the game is "open" 24 hours?

Maybe it was for bugs bc under the prior start times, it'll be after lunch for them, closer to EOD when they become aware, but so far it has not helped at all. It's actually made it worse because the time it takes for someone to respond bug/issues are now longer with an earlier start. Even when we get a response, it reads like it's so rushed... which makes me believe this is to help staff so they can also give attention to....

That's a good theory. Who wants to be putting out fires 2 hours before COB? Another possibility is they wanted to stagger start times with their other poopular game, so they're not faced with issues on 2 fronts at the same time.
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994

They're actually in Vancouver (headquartered) and news to me, they have offices in Montreal and P.E.I. as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

They're actually in Vancouver (headquartered) and news to me, they have offices in Montreal and P.E.I. as well.

DOH! that was a brain fart. wrong city and totally wrong time zone. Having the event starting early is good for a Kabam staff working in a Pacific time zone, so, yeah, Vancouver. :#
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994

DOH! that was a brain fart. wrong city and totally wrong time zone. Having the event starting early is good for a Kabam staff working in a Pacific time zone, so, yeah, Vancouver. :#

You might want to change that Grimlock avatar, lol.
  • Options

You might want to change that Grimlock avatar, lol.

lol.. me voltron say vancouver.
  • Options
    We appreciate all the feedback being given about the changes. I can assure you that we're reading it and having it discussed among our teams. We apologize if you've felt there is a delay in response to certain bug reports or issues that pop up. I promise you that we are doing our best to catch up with all of that and report items where they need to be reported.

I will admit that there has been faults with this and the system may not seem perfect, but we certainly still care about it and want to make sure this game runs well for everyone. Feel free to provide more feedback about the Timer, but please remember to keep it on topic to that. Thank you!
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Feel free to provide more feedback about the Timer, but please remember to keep it on topic to that. Thank you!

Maybe just a reminder to your writers that a shift from 12pm PST to 9am EST is not a three hour change. 😂
  • Options
    Jhn314Jhn314 Posts: 13
    As a European, I've gotten very confused about all communication about times in the past few weeks as well. Whenever a time is mentioned on the forums or in the in-game mail, it's always in some American time zone. At one time I learned I always needed to add 8 or 9 hours (depending on DST) to any times mentioned in the game to convert them to my local time. Now, with last weeks changes, this no longer seems the case, because the communication in the game now suddenly seems to be based on a different time zone. I have seen the communication about changing times, but because I'm not familiar with the American time zone, until now I did not realize it was basically a shift in the default time zone for all in-game times that was announced...

This game has a lot of international players from all around the world. I think it is safe to say that most people living outside of the United States are not familiar with the American time zones. However, I think it is also safe to assume that most people at least know the time difference between their time zone and the 'standard' GMT or UTC time zone. So, on behalf of myself and all international players, I have one simple request:

Whenever you mention a time in any communication about the game, either in-game or here on the forums, could you please also always include the equivalent time in GMT/UTC? For many people, that time will be a lot easier to convert to their local time.

For example, the in-game mail we received today about the server maintenance next Tuesday, could (and maybe should!) have looked like this:

"Transfomers: Forged to Fight will be brought down for maintenance at 3PM EST (20:00 UTC) this Tuesday."

This would have been immediately clear to me. If last week's mail about the time changes had included these UTC times as well, I think you could have avoided a lot of confusion, especially among your international players.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited November 2019
    @Jhn314 FYI, mails in Chinese have always the time converted to our timezone (CST a.k.a UTC+8). As a result, there was hardly any confusion in the last two weeks concerning the AM time change in our community. I think it has something to do with the translator.
  • Options
    @Kabam Vydious I really appreciate all the effort you are putting here, most of the time it feels like you are the only employee who cares about this game.
    Please tell the team that the initial change (3 hours earlier than before) was debatable but 6 hours is totally unbearable, please tell them to act fast.
  • Options
    I agree that it could've been handled better and with clearer statements, @Jhn314! I apologize that it wasn't. We're doing what we can to ensure communication in the future is better done.

As for the feedback on all of this, including the general change of time: again, we really appreciate it! I've been ensuring the rest of the team sees it.

@Mufc14 I appreciate the compliment!! I really do care about all of you and doing what I can to get the results you're asking for. I can also assure you too, though, that the rest of the team cares too. You just tend to see me as the face for everyone. ;)
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Jhn314 wrote: »
    This game has a lot of international players from all around the world.

I think Kabam knows this. I’m pretty sure the change was to appease them and not the US peeps. With the new AM start times, folks on the east coast are starting at work or school, on the west coast either just waking up or heading out the door, in the middle, probably commuting. And it’s 3am for the poor folks in Hawaii.
  • Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    AM used to start like 3 or 4am for me (I’m asleep so don’t really bother exactly when anyway), and we will just join when we wake up or when we finish work like 15 hours after AM starts. And we still clear it by midnight.

Now it starts 10pm for me, sometimes I clear one bot before I sleep, sometimes I only join when I wake up. We just have to make sure we finish up by 10pm instead of midnight.

It just takes some getting used to, but that’s what your team mates are there to help and cover each other.