Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Android Pie (9.0) Asset Download Fix ?

SupremusPrimeSupremusPrime Posts: 22
edited December 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
OK here is the long standing issue with
Android Pie (9.0) which has been out for a year!!!!! and there is still no fix !!!!
Each time I get new content I can't see it because kabam have not fixed the ability to download any assets other than the stock items that you get when you install the game. Yes I have logged multiple calls, even given them insight into why it's happening and work around but they keep closing the call saying its with the team and give me no information at all. I used to be a bog fan of this game and massive grinder but now kabam you have put the nail in the coffin for me by ignoring me and not fixing the issue! Work around is one that I discovered you can copy the game file assets from an Android Oreo (8.0) device to the phone and it works so there is a permission issue probably something as simple as asking for perms to write to the storage ! I no longer have the old phone so I no more work around for kabams incompetence. My devices are Huawei P30 Pro and Huawei Media Pad 5. In case anyone is interested. I work in I.T. and if I had a call open for 1 year and did not get back to the user to show I would be fired ! This is all factual information I have emails to kabam opening calls and explained issues and work around so mods don't you dare shut this post down because I have had an unacceptable level of support causing me to be an inch away from quiting the game !

Comments

• Weird...I'm on Android 9 and have no issues with this. Wouldn't call it an Android Pie Issue.
  • Ok thanks for the feedback I had an LG previously Oreo I assumed it was the android version so guess it must be something to do with Huawei android build of Pie because it worked for me fine on Android Oreo on my Huawei tablet before it got upgraded to Pie.
  • SupremusPrimeSupremusPrime Posts: 22
    edited December 2019
    Mrnomis wrote: »
    Ok thanks for the feedback I had an LG previously Oreo I assumed it was the android version so guess it must be something to do with Huawei android build of Pie because it worked for me fine on Android Oreo on my Huawei tablet before it got upgraded to Pie.

Sounds like it is a possibility. They also don't get the same support they once did from Google so could also be adding to the issues.
    My decision to update my phone was based solely on that. I'm glad that I did.

Yes I agree which is why I purchased the Huawei P30 Pro it's on the list of devices that has a prior agreement so will get Android 10 and is supported by google.
  • Thanks. Yes I agree no feedback at all from kabam so far. Just hoping there are others with same issue I would be happy to beta test a fix but not even been asked.
  • I've experienced the so-recurrent freeze in the middle of a fight. It takes the game some seconds to get back to normal. Needless to say that it's very annoying as you could be in the middle of anything critical and most likely you'll be hit because of this glitch. For me, it sounds like bad CPU balancing.
  • Peponfree wrote: »
    I've experienced the so-recurrent freeze in the middle of a fight. It takes the game some seconds to get back to normal. Needless to say that it's very annoying as you could be in the middle of anything critical and most likely you'll be hit because of this glitch. For me, it sounds like bad CPU balancing.

When that happens to me (or just bad lag), I turn the screen off with the power button which forces the fight to the pause screen. I wait about 10 seconds and then turn it back on, unlock the screen, and wait for the game to show up at the pause screen. Sometimes I wait at the pause screen for a moment, depending on how long it takes for the pause screen to show up after unlocking.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    So what’s the recommendation here @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious ?

Should the OP message one of you directly? Normally that is protocol when repeated support tickets can’t seem to get to the root of the problem or escalation is needed?

• They don't care they are too busy with MCOC we are just the garbage who play "the other game". Kabam care nothing about transformers because its not a cash cow like MCOC. All the whales have left this game...... there are not enough life boats on this ship shhhhhhhhhh.
  • Still no response to this Kabam? And you wonder why your player base are demotivated !
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited January 2020
    @SupremusPrime i can confirm the backend issues and asset 'bug' also applies to Vivo as well as Oppo devices running ColorOS, be it Android 8.0, 8.1 or 9.0.

Their R/W permissions seem to be the trouble, as these SKINNED Androids tend to have MULTIPLE permission duplication.

Still, not as crash happy as a SD4xx or 6xx device. Even on vanilla build!

I tried 2 variants of Motorola One Zoom earlier, and the carrier version with bloatware also has minor asset problems after an update.
    Luckily nothing as major as yours, but noticable and a clean reinstall solved it.

@Kabam Miike can we get a workaround for Huawei/Oppo/ZTE devices? Many Asians tend to gravitate towards these brands.
  • Apologies for the delay in a response from me, I've been away sick the last several days. I've mentioned in the past that these kinds of issues can come from that of a slow connection to our servers. Generally restarting the game should assist it. Otherwise, please note that performance is something we are always actively looking into. This isn't a forgotten matter it just takes time.

I'm closing this thread for the negativity and non-constructive manner it began to take.
This discussion has been closed.