Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Millions unemployed and Kabam raises revive and repair prices almost 8 fold!!!

JscrillaJscrilla Posts: 98
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
Coronavirus is killing people, country shut down and people are out of work, so Kabam decides to RAISE their prices? Wow, have you no shame Kabam???? Raising the AM revives almost 8 fold????

z05sfg72z5zv.jpeg

Tagged:

Comments

• Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Considering 275 energon sells for $15 in my currency, one tier 1 squad revive now costs $19... seriously??
  • Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    Just stop buying them...
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    edited March 2020
    The cost doesn't make much sense. Yes, revives/repairs were updated to percentage based but this was to bring an out of date item to today's standards. It shouldn't mean the cost should go up almost 8 times.

Is the increased cost an inflation thing? Cause I don't think we are earning 8 times the amount of energon as when these were first introduced. Nor have I seen any changes to Energon packs. They still cost and give the same as when the game first started.

From what I see, I'm still buying the same tiered items but unnecessarily paying a whole lot more.
  • Jscrilla wrote: »
    Coronavirus is killing people, country shut down and people are out of work, so Kabam decides to RAISE their prices? Wow, have you no shame Kabam???? Raising the AM revives almost 8 fold????

z05sfg72z5zv.jpeg
    Kabam raising prices? No surprise. (No offense)
  • SmokescreenbotSmokescreenbot Posts: 331
    edited March 2020
    Jscrilla wrote: »

z05sfg72z5zv.jpeg

Maybe Mr krabs owns the shop....😏1la6okxwq8jf.gif
  • Darm0k wrote: »
    I think is this Kabam’s way of punishing new players. Imagine you’re new, just starting out, finally was able to join an alliance, participating in the alliance missions, you lost your team, and then whammo, 175/350 energon to revive. I knew when I was new to the game, i didn’t have that kind of energon to throw around.

Sure, you can say don’t buy ‘em. But what if they’re the only one on the path and they get hit by Kabam Lag™, or Kabam Miss Special Attack After Combo™, or Kabam Unresponsive Controls™ and then KO? What if the alliance is trying to push a little higher to get better rewards?

They should just keep both and just keep the percentage based ones priced higher (but too high where people won’t want to buy them — gotta keep it at a tempting price).

Haha, LOL :D
  • LatimustronLatimustron Posts: 202
    edited March 2020
    Yup agreed in times like these companies should not look up to beef their accounts rather should keep the things same. I suggest they bring back the old prices. 677% increase makes no sense. What kind of a management decision is this? Don't you all think about the other aspects before implying anything like this?

I hope you make these changes before going live with the new am map. Don't lock us out. Remember this decision will impact your player base and the word of mouth along with social media communications is a strong way to defame your name. This is a global crisis where in financial institutions, Govts, etc have cut down on their costs for almost everything. I wonder what was kabam thinking.

Btw US has reported the highest unemployment rate in their history, yesterday! Also it has hit many other countries worldwide.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Just stop buying them...

Agree. AS crystals have usually provided sufficient kits. I just open them when I need items. Still have a decent stash left. Will hope to see similar drop rates for FOC crystals.
  • PeponfreePeponfree Posts: 83
    Kabam is not being sensible to the real-life crisis that is affecting all players globally. I'm not saying they can't hike up prices if they want to, I just point out the poor timing they chose.

Many companies/service providers are taking a "social responsible" position where they delayed pricing decision... the equation is simple: any leeway given in these times will revert as good will and customer engagement.

I would really like to see Kabam to step up and tell us their approach in these troubled times.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Maybe I'm out of touch here, but I don't see Kabam holding a gun to your head, forcing you to run D140, or explore LoC3. Their pricing was probably raised to make it harder for alliances to run top diff, and give a broader spread to the rankings.
  • PeponfreePeponfree Posts: 83
    First of all... Kabam can do whatever they want with the game, it's their right and it's their risk. The spirit of this thread is different as it's about "bad timing" and even "low sensibility" towards a global event.

On the other hand... I believe the new price structure will have a more direct impact in the new gamers and/or low-diff players. High diff. players either won't use many kits or they would get some free stuff from AS crystals... new players will be the ones dealt the short stick.
  • NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    Maybe I'm out of touch here, but I don't see Kabam holding a gun to your head, forcing you to run D140, or explore LoC3. Their pricing was probably raised to make it harder for alliances to run top diff, and give a broader spread to the rankings.

Good point there, I agree
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997

Revives and repairs are not just needed at high level AMs. You would be surprised to see many using quite a few at lower to mid levels. Not everyone is a ninja, many are still learning or just having fun. 300+ energon for a team revive is going to affect players at all levels.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

What about new players? They’re not doing d140, but that doesn’t mean they won’t require the use of kits.
  • SmokescreenbotSmokescreenbot Posts: 331
    edited March 2020
    Hmm. Maybe they will lower prices in the future?
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    I'm sure there will be ways to get them free, i.e. like daily crystals now. But kabam has always been about the grind, so get your butts into arena and get that free energon.
  • Hmm. Maybe they will lower prices in the future?

Why was I flagged abuse? All I said was they might change the prices lol.
  • Hey there, we've already passed early feedback on this to the rest of the team. Since there are already other threads going on this topic, we'll be closing this one down.
This discussion has been closed.